Online Business Set Up In Thailand

Hi All

I am planning to set up the online dating and marriage agency business in Thailand. I've found the Thai website www.dbd.go.th/eng/register/rg_commercial.phtml regarding the commercial registration. I think I would set up as sole trader. I will have to do the commercial registration, I think. I can't find how much fee for sole trader.

Do I need to register for e-commerce as well? After commericial registration and what else I need to do? What is your recommend?

Cheers

Thanks.

Anne.

Edited by anndeara

Hi All

I am planning to set up the online dating and marriage agency business in Thailand. I've found the Thai website www.dbd.go.th/eng/register/rg_commercial.phtml regarding the commercial registration. I think I would set up as sole trader. I will have to do the commercial registration, I think. I can't find how much fee for sole trader.

Do I need to register for e-commerce as well? After commericial registration and what else I need to do? What is your recommend?

Cheers

Thanks.

Anne.

You must have both commercial registration and e-commerce registration. Fee is only 50 baht each for a sole proprietor.

Good luck.

You must have both commercial registration and e-commerce registration. Fee is only 50 baht each for a sole proprietor.

Good luck.

Another but related question

Can you run a webbased company/webiste (legal ownership in Thailand)from here and sell in for example Australia or any other country??

And if not how do the amazones of the world do this?

J

Anne, I hope you are Thai, otherwise you will run into a number of restrictions that will make your setup a challenge.

If you are looking at setting up an internet based business, why base it in Thailand? The infrastructure is not noted for its stability.

You cannot get a ".co.th" domain without a Thai company, whereas you can get a ".com" domain registered and hosted on a more stable backbone than Thailand for a lot less grief.

If your business is going to be online even if your market involves Thailand it does not have to be Thai based. You just need to market in Thailand. A number of the thai dating sites are run from out of Thailand. ThaiVisa is hosted in Singapore because it offers better access for the customer base.

If the business requires a physical presence in Thailand then you should look a the regulations around operating that type of business. As I said earlier, if you are not a Thai national your options are limited, and I believe the "sole trader" option is not open to non Thais. Check the list of prohibited occupations for a start.

Also check with the advisers like Sunbelt and/or Indo-Siam, also get relevant legal advice from someone experienced in the industry you are interested in.