Happy property owners.

onemorechang

Are you a happy property owner  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmh,

the bet was about the stuff I disgest.

My claims "ridiculous"?

Do you mean I lie about facts, or do you mean my conclusions are absurd?

Easy to prove the facts if you understand German, not so easy to accept my legal conclusions - but some lawyers and mediators share them.

Do you know what "non liquet" means, and how such cases can be handled?

Your "disclaimer" probably means you got ripped off, too.

-yes, i consider them quite ridiculous.

-of course you don't lie. your view of reality is just different from the actual reality.

-i think i master German as well as you do.

-using the expression "my legal conclusions" speaks volume.

-i consider it highly unlikely that the definition "non liquet" applies to any of the well defined property rights in Germany.

-no, i always got paid for what i sold. nobody ripped me off.

slightly off topic: quod licet jovi non licet bovi smile.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmh,

My claims "ridiculous"?

Easy to prove the facts if you understand German, not so easy to accept my legal conclusions - but some lawyers and mediators share them.

-of course you don't lie. your view of reality is just different from the actual reality.

-i consider it highly unlikely that the definition "non liquet" applies to any of the well defined property rights in Germany.

Facts are facts when there's legal proof.

German civil law leaves room for interpretations in many paragraphs, legal experts call it "Generalklauseln".

Guess I find my Jovum.

Rgds. Bovus :D

Edited by micmichd

Hope you guys leaving the house to the wife have a few more funds left over,death awaits us all. Couple of English guys I am aware of, house bought in wife's name one had a stroke or accident clocked up hospital bill of over 2 million plus before dying,no way of paying, the hospital took action against the house,another just about the same vogue but hospital took action with air medivac and took his or wife's assets.

Just do not want to pop my clogs especially in this country with no pain relief to hand either,be taking my funds with me,the authorities can take what Ive got the other end

I believe you will find that most of us don't actually own that house (usufruct), are not legally married and have health insurance coverage.

These "beliefs" of yours are beyond the understanding and comprehension of anybody who has ever participated in the risks of property/land ownership in Thailand. The usufruct is just about as useless as a chocolate tea pot when put to the test,most will be legally married and laughingly will have no,or a very modest life insurance that pays virtually nothing after age 60/65

Jomtien isn't Pattaya. But carry on.

I purchased several condos in Jomtien in 2005 when the baht was around 42. Just on the exchange rate I made a good profit. I also thoroughly enjoy living in Jomtien and will continue to purchase property again when the right deal is available.

Hmmh,

My claims "ridiculous"?

Facts are facts when there's legal proof.

German civil law leaves room for interpretations in many paragraphs, legal experts call it "Generalklauseln".

Guess I find my Jovum.

Rgds. Bovus biggrin.png

i like people with humour... even if their Latin lacks a wee bit! thumbsup.gif

Love my little townhouse (it's in my daughter's name, so no complications further down the line) - so far I've saved about 600,000 baht in rent. While I don't expect it will sell for more than I paid for it, there is still a nice little inheritance there. Don't see much point in comparing the purchase of the house with investing the money in something else. Even back home where the highest interest rate is about 5%, it's still not even close to the savings I'm making on the house - that's after factoring in tax on the interest earned there and rent I would have to pay here.

Hope you guys leaving the house to the wife have a few more funds left over,death awaits us all. Couple of English guys I am aware of, house bought in wife's name one had a stroke or accident clocked up hospital bill of over 2 million plus before dying,no way of paying, the hospital took action against the house,another just about the same vogue but hospital took action with air medivac and took his or wife's assets.

Just do not want to pop my clogs especially in this country with no pain relief to hand either,be taking my funds with me,the authorities can take what Ive got the other end

I believe you will find that most of us don't actually own that house (usufruct), are not legally married and have health insurance coverage.

These "beliefs" of yours are beyond the understanding and comprehension of anybody who has ever participated in the risks of property/land ownership in Thailand. The usufruct is just about as useless as a chocolate tea pot when put to the test,most will be legally married and laughingly will have no,or a very modest life insurance that pays virtually nothing after age 60/65

Once again you are confused, the issue was health insurance, not life insurance!

As for putting usufruct to the test, please tell me that you're not going to regale us yet again with stories of failed marriages and threats to life if the usufructee doesn't move out and release the claim!

Once again you are confused, the issue was health insurance, not life insurance!

As for putting usufruct to the test, please tell me that you're not going to regale us yet again with stories of failed marriages and threats to life if the usufructee doesn't move out and release the claim!

Obviously never followed the threads not only of the threads on farang property ownership by farang in Thailand ,or the means of attempting to bye pass the ownership laws of the particular farangs, or the health issue threads on farang needing heath care/prolonged hospital care,and means the authorities use to claw back those medical bills.

You are wrong,so wrong out in orbit wrong,perfect isolation clearing that jungle strip.

Remember those forecasts of yours 1 2 3 4 from previous threads that proved so diabolically wrong ,put this 5 6 7 8 ,with another 9 10 11 and 12 added

This is Walt Disneyland stuff, read past threads on farang (supposed) past ownership of property in Thailand,go on give yourself a break

Obviously never followed the threads not only of the threads on farang property ownership by farang in Thailand ,or the means of attempting to bye pass the ownership laws of the particular farangs, or the health issue threads on farang needing heath care/prolonged hospital care,and means the authorities use to claw back those medical bills.

You are wrong,so wrong out in orbit wrong,perfect isolation clearing that jungle strip.

Remember those forecasts of yours 1 2 3 4 from previous threads that proved so diabolically wrong ,put this 5 6 7 8 ,with another 9 10 11 and 12 added

This is Walt Disneyland stuff, read past threads on farang (supposed) past ownership of property in Thailand,go on give yourself a break

Nice try but I'm not buying: you were wrong on the value of THB, wrong on UK pensions (which you finally, finally admitted to trolling about) and you're wrong on the issue of usufructs.

Facts and evidence are that you are simply trolling and have been so for many months on a range of issues. You and me we're done here on all subjects.

I assume off-topic BUT when I was a member of that other forum, there were comprehensive house construction threads.

Members described ownership, planning, construction, budget. There were many pics.

I learnt a lot from other members eg Q-Con was just coming into vogue. Roofing - CPAC. Windows - tinting preferences.

Furniture - not much.

We all went over-budget - about 50%. Some had to defer as $$$ ran out.

Many married Isaan ladies & built in the N-E.

Monks came - house warming parties with 300+ guests, a live band, no BYO - catering.

Conclusion - superb time in life.

Nice try but I'm not buying: you were wrong on the value of THB, wrong on UK pensions (which you finally, finally admitted to trolling about) and you're wrong on the issue of usufructs.

Facts and evidence are that you are simply trolling and have been so for many months on a range of issues. You and me we're done here on all subjects.

Do the figures 1234 upset you? sure they do. Have never been in conflict with you about THB,get the thinking cap on,was A N. Other,but you got it wrong there as well,look at the rates today or most importantly the UK pensions (1.2.3.4) LOL wrong wrong wrong,and so it all proved to be

Go on give yourself that break,read threads on property ownership laws here in Thailand by farang,go on LOL. It will hurt that's for sure

Baiting troll posts and flames removed also replies, please keep 'better places to live' out of this topic, everyone here is tired of hearing about it.

Edit

Troll post and reply removed.

Love my little townhouse (it's in my daughter's name, so no complications further down the line) - so far I've saved about 600,000 baht in rent. While I don't expect it will sell for more than I paid for it, there is still a nice little inheritance there. Don't see much point in comparing the purchase of the house with investing the money in something else. Even back home where the highest interest rate is about 5%, it's still not even close to the savings I'm making on the house - that's after factoring in tax on the interest earned there and rent I would have to pay here.

Think its great if you can leave an asset to your family.

what a great start in life if you have a house or condo already

paid for, to call home thumbsup.gif

Maybe, but not everyone has (or wants to have) a family. And even if they do have a family it may not be a family that wants to inherit property in Thailand that they may find hard to sell.

I meant to Thais in Thailand.

Property to non Thais is a problem but not imposable

If non Thai the property needs to worth a lot or is just not

worth the problems you may leave them.

Maybe, but not everyone has (or wants to have) a family. And even if they do have a family it may not be a family that wants to inherit property in Thailand that they may find hard to sell.

I think you chose a bad example to prove your point. Since 2008 a lot of properties world wide but especially USA for example became pretty much worthless. Thailand would have been a far better place to park the kids inheritance

I would never ever live in a condo,but have to be a bit careful of noise factor when buying a house. Always go night time too, listen for some thai karake bar blasting out music at 1am and later.Look for open land if near propsed house purchase, as a market or karake bar will surely squat there.

Prices go up and down and it's all in the timing. During the real estate frenzy prices in the Virginia DC suburbs where I was living were literally going up $10,000 a week on condos. Condos on the market for sale were getting 10 or 20 or more offers and the seller could sift through them and choose the best. Most of the offers were for over the asking price--if you bid asking price you didn't stand a chance. Once the seller selected an offer, that became the new threshold for the next similar condo that came on the market--hence the prices rising so fast. Condos went on the market at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week were sold. Then the bust. Prices plummeted and I was able to buy a 1 bedroom condo for $170,000 that had sold a year before for $250,000. Actually $170,000 was still over-priced in my opinion for a 1 bedroom but it was in a good area. Rented it for a few years and then needed some money so I sold it for $180,000 and was happy at the time to unload it and not take a loss. But, had I kept it, the same condo is now selling for around $205,000 so the market is on the rise again.

Prices go up and down and it's all in the timing. During the real estate frenzy prices in the Virginia DC suburbs where I was living were literally going up $10,000 a week on condos. Condos on the market for sale were getting 10 or 20 or more offers and the seller could sift through them and choose the best. Most of the offers were for over the asking price--if you bid asking price you didn't stand a chance. Once the seller selected an offer, that became the new threshold for the next similar condo that came on the market--hence the prices rising so fast. Condos went on the market at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week were sold. Then the bust. Prices plummeted and I was able to buy a 1 bedroom condo for $170,000 that had sold a year before for $250,000. Actually $170,000 was still over-priced in my opinion for a 1 bedroom but it was in a good area. Rented it for a few years and then needed some money so I sold it for $180,000 and was happy at the time to unload it and not take a loss. But, had I kept it, the same condo is now selling for around $205,000 so the market is on the rise again.

There will always be exceptions but you only need to google houses under $10k in the USA to see that a large portion of USA real estate has been smashed beyond repair, never to recover especially since changes in lending policies were implemented.

I think you chose a bad example to prove your point. Since 2008 a lot of properties world wide but especially USA for example became pretty much worthless. Thailand would have been a far better place to park the kids inheritance

I think that my family would much rather inherit property in the UK than here in a country that they have never visited and may never visit. Nice property in desirable places hasnt become worthless anywhere, as far as I know. Only the nasty places in unpopular areas have lost a lot of value.

I think that my family would much rather inherit property in the UK than here in a country that they have never visited and may never visit. Nice property in desirable places hasnt become worthless anywhere, as far as I know. Only the nasty places in unpopular areas have lost a lot of value.

Thats incorrect. It was the European and American banks that created the bubble explosion. Thats why there was a loss of value. However after that adjustment pricing in the UK is probably where it needs to be so certainly would be OK to buy there in preference to Pattaya at this point in time

Prices for real estate also depend on the environment. A highway, a noisy discotheque, too much building construction in the area would devalue real estate anywhere.

I would prefer a house in the area where I'm living and know the neighbours.

Edited by micmichd

Totally disagree with Mcfish. My case was not an exception, just normal. Real estate is slowly recovering in most places in USA. You might be able to buy a house for $10,000 (with probably some catches/restrictions) but it's likely to be in an area you wouldn't want to live in.

So far iv'e got burned 4 times.

Buy a condo for teelak but on day I was going to get married I got mao and ran off with the taxi driver who just happens to be her aunty.

Aunty then cons me followed by teelaks niece then her little sister.

Then I heard momma was coming so I thought I better get smart here.

Nothings changed.

Buy a condo for teelak but on day I was going to get married I got mao and ran off with the taxi driver who just happens to be her aunty.

Nothings changed.

Why buy a condo for the teelak, when you can just buy one in your name ?

Think you left it a bit late to get smart. wai2.gif

Nothings changed.

The family remained the same, right?

Nothings changed.

The family remained the same, right?

Don't understand, are you referring to my post or the OP ?