Dengue fever warning

lavender19

Just a heads up for anyone living in the Thung Wua Laen and Saphli area of Chumphon.

Myself and four others I know of have contacted dengue in the last month.So be careful.Not the nicest thing to catch I can tell you.

Don't know how many others have contacted it around here but in all the years I have lived here I have never seen any spaying or warnings from the useless orbitor we have here.

There has been almost epidemic proportions of dengue for a few months in Rayong and a few friends contracted it and it took weeks for them to recover. We are still getting a loudspeaker truck coming around warning people and the local council are carrying out spraying but after the recent rain there is a massive hatching of mosquitoes and quite a lot of them are the aedes mosquitoes which can carry dengue. Apparently our tambon, Tapong, has the most cases in Rayong with more than 30 people having dengue. I have never known so many people to get dengue in Thailand, when I worked in India it used to be quite common.