Problem with Stamp date at Suvarnabhumi

Good evening,

I entered Thailand on a Non Immigrant O Visa on a Guardian basis on Friday 25 September, to look after my minor daughter who is studying here. At immigration the visa officer has stamped my passport where the date of arrival came on but the date of expiry of the 90 Day stay is not printed. I only noticed this today when I took my passport to photo copy the pages inorder to prepare for extensions in November. What do I do? Please help!

Is it an easy, clear cut process or includes begging, pleading and an agonizing process?

It's easy and straightforward. It's happened many times before so the immigration office will know what to do. No begging required. thumbsup.gif

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

Are you looking at the stamp in one of the passport pages or the stamp on the departure card? It's quite normal for the stamp on the departure card not to have the expiration date, but the one in your actual passport should have. If it doesn't, then a trip to Immigration is warranted as suggested by other posters.

Just want to save you a trip to Immigration in case you are looking at the wrong stamp.

Sophon

Just depends where you are now? Jomtien immigration wont help you,i had the same problem & i went there but they insisted i had to go to Bangkok immigration & wait im a long queue.Take your passport & departure card. Cost me 2,400 baht for taxi from Jomtien Beach & back so the golden rule for me is always inspect your stamp on arrival & if its not correct tell the officer.

Just depends where you are now? Jomtien immigration wont help you,i had the same problem & i went there but they insisted i had to go to Bangkok immigration & wait im a long queue.Take your passport & departure card. Cost me 2,400 baht for taxi from Jomtien Beach & back so the golden rule for me is always inspect your stamp on arrival & if its not correct tell the officer.

Odd. I have never had any problem with Jomtien immigration, none of my friends either.

Had the same problem 6 months ago, sorted within 10 minutes.

If your visa is valid for 3 months then I don't think there is any need to stamp your passport to show you can stay for 90 days. Once you arrive they stamp your arrival and from that date you can stay for 3 months according to your visa. Now if they stamp a wrong date then you can show the immigration your boarding pass to make sure they stamp the right date.

Odd. I have never had any problem with Jomtien immigration, none of my friends either.

You must have caught them on a good day & i must have got them on a bad day?

If your visa is valid for 3 months then I don't think there is any need to stamp your passport to show you can stay for 90 days. Once you arrive they stamp your arrival and from that date you can stay for 3 months according to your visa. Now if they stamp a wrong date then you can show the immigration your boarding pass to make sure they stamp the right date.

No that's simply incorrect,anyone who enters the kingdom will have a permission to stay stamp with the date you must leave on or by irrespective of the visa,visa on arrival or visa exemption that you enter on.

Your post is very confusing and doesn't actually make much sense to me.

You must have caught them on a good day & i must have got them on a bad day?

It might be the kind stamp that was wrong or the type of entry you were getting. A bit more info about your problem would help.

If you were on an extension issued by Bangkok and the problem was related to an entry using a re-entry permit they might send you to Bangkok.

It was changed at immigration Bangkok for 500 baht. This entire visa system is a money making tool! First you pay for a 90 day visa, then you pay for the mistake of a sleepy, or should I say incompetent immigration officer on the job! Lastly, you pay for a 1 year extension plus a multi entry stamp!

I can't thank y'all enough for the correct advise and reassurance that it could easily be changed internally! God bless!

It was changed at immigration Bangkok for 500 baht. This entire visa system is a money making tool! First you pay for a 90 day visa, then you pay for the mistake of a sleepy, or should I say incompetent immigration officer on the job! Lastly, you pay for a 1 year extension plus a multi entry stamp!

I can't thank y'all enough for the correct advise and reassurance that it could easily be changed internally! God bless!

Thee is no fee for fixing a stamping error. Did you get a receipt. If yes what does it say the 500 baht was for.