Bangkok blast: Thailand's police say they consider case solved, receive cash awards again

Lite Beer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"A group might have hired another already bent on taking revenge to commit the crime, so both got what they wanted"

Looks like they're doing contortions to find a way of implicating the Red Shirts so that Prayuth can save face over his premature speculations...

Clumsy stuff. It's not unusual for police departments (or most orgs) to give performance bonuses, but it wouldn't be flashed around publicly like this, and it wouldn't be called 'reward money' (which has different conotations in the context of a criminal investigation). Of course, a performance bonus should also be linked to clear outcomes, and we haven't had a trial yet. Here, it sounds like the lottery corp ran a lotto and won the money itself.

Yes, but unlike the other case, no one will offer much resistance to the prosecution of this mob.

There will be no pesky farangs getting in the way expecting validation of evidence.

should be a pretty quick trial and conviction

One thinks that the reward should be paid following a successful conviction.

This pantomime is making Thailand look like a complete joke. And a dirty one at that.

Interesting to know the bogeyman is still a suspect : I sense we are being fed the Uighurs line to keep both sides of the political divide quiet.

If only coppers in USA were as good as those found in Thailand.............hahahaha! They even got rewards twice!

The antics of this police department, which includes the word "Royal" in the name could possibly be interpreted as being disrespectful to the highest institution. Perhaps that royal warrant could be revoked, and/or appropriate measures taken against those individual officers whose actions are in contravention of the laws in this country which protect that institution.

That's a big pile of reward for doing your job as a police officer trying to capture a group of terrorists.

This makes me sick that has no decency...that just shows how how <deleted>##ed up and corrupt the police force is. In the western world the police that does the investigation would feel that having the criminals behind bars and getting public recognition would be reward enough.

"revenge by a gang that was smuggling ethnic Uighurs out of China and had been damaged by a police crackdown."

Quite some hubris diplayed by police.

A more relevant description might be: "a potential terrorist attack directed against Thailand for deporting Uighurs"

Regarding reward money, it does look silly and its premature. But the apparent policy of sticks and carrots may actually be necessary to improve the overall competence in the police force.

A fundamental problem is low salaries in combination with power, which feeds corruption and fails to attract the right people.

I can only say a couple of cops get transferred or fired for not doing their job and when they do the job they get cash reserve and this all under the eyes of the current military regime. I just wonder what is in for the army in all those months since they took over. It is the first time police and military seems to get along well so their must be some mutual sharing of all the illegal run businesses in this country.

It started last year

The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) on Monday announced plans to reward traffic police officers with a 10,000 baht bonus if they arrest a motorist who tries to bribe them.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/436206/b10000-reward-for-arresting-motorist-who-offers-a-bribe-bangkok-traffic-police-told. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

Anyone taking bets as to if the general will get involved this time?

His spin doctors are probably already on it, but if he notices it spread all over the English media in another country, it might have a bit more impact on him.

" For fxxxs sake, you could have at least waited till i was back in the country"...comes to mind.

and a second bet...if the foreign media question him on it, will he blow his stack?

Poor old fella, look at the sh!t he has to work with!

WOW just wow Thailand the laughing stock of the world again. The victim's families should receive the money for having to suffer, the police should hang their heads in shame for not gathering intel and preventing the attack not reward themselves.

Thats a bloody good point, nothing to the "filth" give it all to the victimsthumbsup.gif

And where in all of this charade is Thailand's saviour Mr. P. He obviously doesn't see anything wrong with this corruption occuring right under his nose and that of the average Thai. A nice little parting gift for Somyot. Good riddance to the buffoon. Both of these guys deserves to be behind bars. And shame on the Thai people for continuing to allow this bullsh!t to continue.

theyll be plenty more buffoons in the queue behind him though

I predict more bombings with a cash cow like this. They just can't fathom how utterly stupid they look to the rest of the world. Even if someone were to explain it to them in perfect Thai though, they still wouldn't get it. They just hear what they want and ignore any reality that isn't flattering to them. Sickening!!!facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Truly unbelievable, no convictions but case closed and cash handed out.

Do Thai people really find it impressive when wads of cash are displayed in such a way? i think it is in the poorest possible taste to do such a thing,, people were killed during these bombings and they treat it like they have just hit some trivial sales target,, disgusting.

like all things in Thailand, no substance just dressing, where life is cheap and face is everything.

Hope this is closed, hope there are no more bombings and pointless deaths and i hope the families of the victims are not watching this crass display.

So no citizens helped at all with information? coffee1.gif

They get nothing.. the police and much of Thailand is so corrupt.. I am actually not even surprised. I have been here too long.

Yes no citizens, despite the fact that the landlady to the prime suspect called the cops, which lead to his arrest! These smug cops have really sunk to a new low. They never intended to give that money to citizens helping out.

I've been here more than 12 years and I have to say, I've never been so disgusted by the authorities in this country as I am now. Thailand is surreal and sickening.