Yingluck’s lawyer complains civil case was rushed against her

Jonathan Fairfield

Dr Wissanu says there is plenty of time to ponder civil case against Ms Yingluck

Yeah, plenty of time for a trial that may never ever lever dever gonna happen, due to many many danny years of delaying tactics cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

if there is no evidence that she took advantage/money out of that rice business.....where is the problem anyway...?

The problem is a scheme positioned and defended as 'self-financing' having lost 500 billion Baht. Ms. Yingluck is charged with 'negligence'. Some take responsibility and accountability a bit more serious than Ms. Yingluck who only talked about it when PM.

give me one country where there are no losses....the whole case is rediculous, it's just a political show down

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday filed a lawsuit against Attorney-General Trakul Winitnaiyapak and three other prosecutors"

Mrs Yingluck just forget that the time her clan could scare Judges has gone.

The time of red justice where criminal escaped justice has gone.

...you read that in "Yellow press" ?

"FORMER PRIME minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday filed a lawsuit against Attorney-General Trakul Winitnaiyapak and three other prosecutors"

Mrs Yingluck just forget that the time her clan could scare Judges has gone.

The time of red justice where criminal escaped justice has gone.

Really?

Criminals are still buying themselves out of jail or being sent to "inactive" posts!

Corruption is still alive and breeding even with this current government.

It is not just a redshirt phenomenon but a yellow and khaki too!

why do so many Farangs with no right to vote here have a problem with the Shinawatra political dynasty?

Do I need to have a right to vote in order to have a problem with a politician?

I am neither an Italian nor a Thai, but I dislike persons like Berlusconi as much as Mr. T. (his sister is not as bad, as she has no clue what is going on anyway).

Why do you have a problem with Farangs who have a problem with a totally inacceptable person like Thaksin.

why do so many Farangs with no right to vote here have a problem with the Shinawatra political dynasty?

there was no better in history.....so far. That was the time when Thailand moved forward

I am neither an Italian nor a Thai, but I dislike persons like Berlusconi as much as Mr. T. (his sister is not as bad, as she has no clue what is going on anyway).

Why do you have a problem with Farangs who have a problem with a totally inacceptable person like Thaksin.

there was no better in history.....so far. That was the time when Thailand moved forward

Dear Sawadee1947!

I do really hope, that your statement is meant ironically - otherwise I feel sorry for you.

Dear Sawadee1947!

I do really hope, that your statement is meant ironically - otherwise I feel sorry for you.

I hope you can sleep tonight.....I was very honest. But I respect your opinion.

Dear Sawadee1947!

I hope you can sleep tonight.....I was very honest. But I respect your opinion.

I also respect your opinion, even if it's hard for me to understand.

Will try to find my afternoon-sleep now ...

Because you--with no right to vote have a problem with freedom of speech on TVF about a sad regime that keeps getting voted in and fails miserably every time it governs badly, so naturally with living here and many paying business tax VAT etc, have a view-------TVF is for this. hasn't it hit home yet.

A tad hypocritical of you "Ginjag" as I seem to remember you constantly having a go about newbies about their freedom of speech about their views!

In my time in Thailand I have paid taxes to reds,yellows and khaki governments and whoever is in squadders it.

Whatever colour is in just likes being at the trough!

1. Probably the most corrupt family in Thailand.

2. Absolutely incompetent in everything except lining their own pockets.

I guess that could also be applied to most politicians the world over.

Did you just arrive on this planet?

Maybe because they find their greed and corruption abhorrent even by Thai standards.

And maybe having grown up under a good education system and an accountable democratic government, they are disgusted by what they see these people are prepared to do.

How the dirty and corrupt in Thailand wish farang would mind their own business. This is the root of Thai xenphobia wink.png .

Plus I can easily imagine most of us pay a lot more into the Thai system than most red-shirts - so you are stealing from us too. Not that you care of course.

Dr Wissanu says there is plenty of time to ponder civil case against Ms Yingluck

Yeah, plenty of time for a trial that may never ever lever dever gonna happen, due to many many danny years of delaying tactics cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

if there is no evidence that she took advantage/money out of that rice business.....where is the problem anyway...?

The problem is a scheme positioned and defended as 'self-financing' having lost 500 billion Baht. Ms. Yingluck is charged with 'negligence'. Some take responsibility and accountability a bit more serious than Ms. Yingluck who only talked about it when PM.

No one has ever suggested the the scheme was good politics or economics. However, PTP was elected with a very clear mandate and the program was introduced. There is no evidence of criminality against Yingluck. Nor she she be held personally accountable for any negligence in the administration of the scheme.

Govts have lousy policies , voters recognise it and they get tossed out in the election.

Do we now trawl back through every govt in Thai history and prosecute those deemed to have loss making policies? Oh, no....it's all covered by the statute of limitations.

Rice subsidy was lousy policy. It should be written off as such , move on with new policies and programs and try to avoid turning Yingluck into a martyr.

It is amazing that every single yingluck fan or one principle only of democracy supporters defended the scheme as good politics and wonderful economics. Even when the Right Honourable Abhisit and Supa were tirelessly showing that it was bad politics, poor economics and they had overwhelming evidence to back their cases. Right up to the very end yingluck and her supporters said this scheme is good economics, good politics and will help the farmers. Yet on the other hand she did not pay the farmers because they ran out of money, ignored the farmers demands to meet the government and discuss it because they had no excuses and finally using there henchmen to intimidate any farmers than wanted to come to Bangkok to protest.

In a normal democracy it would not have ever got to that. In a democracy where 15 principles are adhered too the government would not have run out of money and if they did, they would have been impeached and a new government or leader would have been introduced. In a 15 principle democracy the govt would have met the protestors or met a delegate on a Q7A show broadcast live on TV to discuss it. In a 15 principle democracy the protestors would not have been intimidated and their families threatened. But some only refer to elections as a real democracy seemingly loosing touch of what a real democracy is having lived in Thailand too long.

Of course when Abhisit and Supa and the rest of the truth uncoverers could not be ignored any longer regarding this abysmal scheme the one principle supporters state "No one has ever suggested the the scheme was good politics or economics"!!! Incredible. In one sentenceust dismissing 3 years of TVF members defending the scheme with a passion only seen on a football field during grand final. Swapping facts (PTP's greatest enemy) for Beliefs again. Not one word stating that Abhisit was right or Supa was integral to uncovering the cesspool of corruption and lies and incompetence and showing why reform was needed.

I hope yinglick is held accountable and when all the principles of democracy are adhered too we will never ever see any scheme in Thailand get to the point it did with this scheme.

That is what Pryaut owes the voters. He owes them a future were a scheme will be responsibly implemented and will be sustainable and will not be used as blackmail to win votes while purposely keeping the farmers poor to win those votes and the next and the next and the next election. Each election lying to the voters stating "we will make you rich" only for 10 billion to be pumped into these rice schemes by chinaware's and the farmers no better off.

1. Probably the most corrupt family in Thailand.

2. Absolutely incompetent in everything except lining their own pockets.

I guess that could also be applied to most politicians the world over.

Such an incredibly naive statement.

Probably the most corrupt in Thailand?????

The lawyer insisted that the probe panel should give Ms Yingluck a chance to bring forward her witnesses to testify in her defence.

Yes...the several hundred thousand (or maybe millions) rice farmers should be allowed to testify individually in her support. That should stretch the trial out for a couple decades at least...just a little longer than the typical HiSo/high profile case in the Thai justice system.

Nah those never actually make it to court of course.

No one has ever suggested the the scheme was good politics or economics. However, PTP was elected with a very clear mandate and the program was introduced. There is no evidence of criminality against Yingluck. Nor she she be held personally accountable for any negligence in the administration of the scheme.

Govts have lousy policies , voters recognise it and they get tossed out in the election.

Do we now trawl back through every govt in Thai history and prosecute those deemed to have loss making policies? Oh, no....it's all covered by the statute of limitations.

Rice subsidy was lousy policy. It should be written off as such , move on with new policies and programs and try to avoid turning Yingluck into a martyr.

So, how many schemes were positioned and promoted as 'self-financing' in Thai history? How many of those manged to lose 500 billion Baht? How many of those had a PM who knew nothing?

Ms. Yingluck clearly stated in parliament to be her own boss, to control her own cabinet and to be in charge. She frequently talked about responsibility, about accountability. She carefully handpicked her cabinet using knowledge, capabilities, potential and suitability as criteria. Had it been me to define the charge I wouldn't say 'negligent', or 'criminally negligent'. As far as I'm concerned it's pure and simple 'deviously defrauding the Thai taxpayer of 500 billion Baht to buy goodwill, keep supporters in business happy', combined with 'criminal intend to push through a blanket amnesty bill covering even her own actions from 2011-08-09 till 2013-08-09'.

Why would holding a person to her responsibilities and related accountability be like making a martyr out of her? Should Amply Rich people be exempt?

So, how many schemes were positioned and promoted as 'self-financing' in Thai history? How many of those manged to lose 500 billion Baht? How many of those had a PM who knew nothing?

Ms. Yingluck clearly stated in parliament to be her own boss, to control her own cabinet and to be in charge. She frequently talked about responsibility, about accountability. She carefully handpicked her cabinet using knowledge, capabilities, potential and suitability as criteria. Had it been me to define the charge I wouldn't say 'negligent', or 'criminally negligent'. As far as I'm concerned it's pure and simple 'deviously defrauding the Thai taxpayer of 500 billion Baht to buy goodwill, keep supporters in business happy', combined with 'criminal intend to push through a blanket amnesty bill covering even her own actions from 2011-08-09 till 2013-08-09'.

Why would holding a person to her responsibilities and related accountability be like making a martyr out of her? Should Amply Rich people be exempt?

No they should not Rubl, just as coup mongers should be held accountable and do their time in this country outstanding jail system. Yet you support Yingluck being held accountable for a 500 billion baht "loss" even thought that policy was executed with a uncontested mandate, yet you also seem to support the current lot who abolished the constitution to replace it with their own, with no mandate whatsoever.

I guess you just want to exempt people you like from being held accountable, regardless of their riches. Oh I forgot Prayuth actually possesses comparable riches even though he was a mere Thai general instead of the CEO of one of the biggest mobile operators in Thailand...

No they should not Rubl, just as coup mongers should be held accountable and do their time in this country outstanding jail system. Yet you support Yingluck being held accountable for a 500 billion baht "loss" even thought that policy was executed with a uncontested mandate, yet you also seem to support the current lot who abolished the constitution to replace it with their own, with no mandate whatsoever.

I guess you just want to exempt people you like from being held accountable, regardless of their riches. Oh I forgot Prayuth actually possesses comparable riches even though he was a mere Thai general instead of the CEO of one of the biggest mobile operators in Thailand...

Interesting Sjakie, but here we discuss the disastrous 'self-financing' RPPS and Ms. Yingluck's understanding that's she ignorant of all.

Interesting Sjakie, but here we discuss the disastrous 'self-financing' RPPS and Ms. Yingluck's understanding that's she ignorant of all.

I don't believe she ever claimed to be ignorant of "all". She might have claimed to be ignorant of the abuse of the scheme, and so far I have not seen any evidence to the contrary. I have yet to see any evidence that she herself participated in the abuse either.

Of course you managed to completely overlook the point of my post, which was very relevant due to your last sentence, but I understand that you seem to believe that accountability and justice shouldn't apply to all person equally. Which makes that last sentence of yours pretty hypocritical to say the least.

I don't believe she ever claimed to be ignorant of "all". She might have claimed to be ignorant of the abuse of the scheme, and so far I have not seen any evidence to the contrary. I have yet to see any evidence that she herself participated in the abuse either.

Of course you managed to completely overlook the point of my post, which was very relevant due to your last sentence, but I understand that you seem to believe that accountability and justice shouldn't apply to all person equally. Which makes that last sentence of yours pretty hypocritical to say the least.

very good quote. Thank you

The fact that you've managed to not see what Ms. Yingluck while PM stated publicly on television, what has been discussed in local and international newspapers, that fact seems amazing. You really worked on that I guess, to be able to say "I don't believe, I didn't see"

Of course you managed to overlook again that here we're only discussing the 'self-financing' RPPs and it's disastrous result of 500 or more billion Baht loss while those responsible (PM and her cabinet) no longer want to have anything to do with 'responsibility and accountability'. With her blanket amnesty bill Ms. Yingluck even tried to sweep responsibility under the carpet.

The fact that you've managed to not see what Ms. Yingluck while PM stated publicly on television, what has been discussed in local and international newspapers, that fact seems amazing. You really worked on that I guess, to be able to say "I don't believe, I didn't see"

Of course you managed to overlook again that here we're only discussing the 'self-financing' RPPs and it's disastrous result of 500 or more billion Baht loss while those responsible (PM and her cabinet) no longer want to have anything to do with 'responsibility and accountability'. With her blanket amnesty bill Ms. Yingluck even tried to sweep responsibility under the carpet.

But you should know already how that works. Are you now saying that bad policies are reason for criminal charges, even though evidence of criminal actions on the part of the accused are absent ?

You seem to forget that governments the world over implement bad policies that are seldom self financing. Remember the mortgage policies in the Netherlands, which cost the Dutch taxpayer well over 500 billion each and every year. Quite clearly an outdated and bad policy that is quite clearly not self financing, yet no cries to incriminate the persons responsible for the continued application of that policy and for good reason, after all they are executing it with a mandate from the electorate, a mandate Yingluck also had whilst her government implemented the rice pledging scheme.

I, as i imagine a lot of us here, was a young boy at the time of the Marcos political dynasty.

Thousands of miles from the Philippines, and with no experience really of travel, no experience of Asia, and having never even met a Filipino person, i would sit and read about how this Marcos family were sucking their own country dry, and it made me feel sad and disgusted. I wished for the tyranny to come to an end there, even though it made not a jot of difference to my own personal life, and when it finally did i felt genuine relief and happiness.

The point i am making is not that the Marcos and the Shinawatra political dynasties are the same, but that it is quite possible to form an opinion on something that may have little or even zero affect on you. What is your problem with that?

I don't have a problem with that, why would I?

I don't have a problem with them, I asked a question as I don't understand the problem

The problem was buying the rice for 15 000 thb/ ton when it was worth 8000 thb on the world market. All done to secure that PTP won the election and the "man from a far" could keep on running Thailand and plan for his amnesty and return. This is something that the Thai people will have to pay for the coming 50 years!

But you should know already how that works. Are you now saying that bad policies are reason for criminal charges, even though evidence of criminal actions on the part of the accused are absent ?

You seem to forget that governments the world over implement bad policies that are seldom self financing. Remember the mortgage policies in the Netherlands, which cost the Dutch taxpayer well over 500 billion each and every year. Quite clearly an outdated and bad policy that is quite clearly not self financing, yet no cries to incriminate the persons responsible for the continued application of that policy and for good reason, after all they are executing it with a mandate from the electorate, a mandate Yingluck also had whilst her government implemented the rice pledging scheme.

Oh come on Sjakie. Had Ms. Yingluck positioned her RPPS as a subsidy which required 100 billion Baht reservation in the National Budget, there wouldn't had been a problem. what she did with blessing of her bif brother who thoughtout all scams, was positioning the RPPS as 'self-financing'. Her hand-picked Minister of Finance stated the day before the scam started that only 440 billion Baht in a revolving funds was needed for initial payouts with money returning from sales after processing.

BTW since you're still unto foreign scams, look up the successes of Juan Peron, allegedly also with a mandate to ruin the country.

I have seen few politicans in Thailand over the past couple decades who did not deserve a good public canning, others deserved a canning, then tar and feather and the worst should have recieved these punshiments plus draw and quartering.

Plus the vast majority and any offspring should have been subjected to sterizalition to prevent any chance of their passing along any contribution to any part of the world population increase. I can think of no country in several hundred years who leaders have been as dishonest, unsavory as well as downright dispictable as we have seen here in Thailand on such a regular basis.