• Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, poanoi said:

i have rented both for the last few days,

both seats kinda wants to push me forwards off the bikes,

but pcx pushes much harder.

otoh pcx handle bar is not surrounded by plastic like nmax,

so while pcx handle bar hits my knees harder,

the handle bar itself can be raised so it wont be hitting knees at all.

i think forza 300 will be more comfortable and size forgiving than either,

kinda fancy the easy snappy handling of nmax tho, a sensation of a small bike in that regard

Both scoots are probably designed for smaller Asian guys like me. The seats feels just right for me. For non-asian taller guys, a seat mod might be needed. 

The new 2018 Forza looks perfect, wasn't a fan of the old Forza. 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:09 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Only by around 8,000b. Having had many big bikes, I am not to fussed about ABS on a scooter but I do like the better lighting on the new PCX. That could be as much as a ‘life-saver’ as ABS????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not one or the other for me, both lighting and ABS I think is important. Saying that, the PCx LED lights are awesome, but the Nmax lights are not that bad either. 

BB or scoots, I think ABS is important. The PCX released in other countries are already ABS equipped, not sure why Honda released a non-ABS one here. 

2 minutes ago, alx123 said:

Both scoots are probably designed for smaller Asian guys like me. The seats feels just right for me. For non-asian taller guys, a seat mod might be needed. 

yes, i was looking at custom seats, the ones that looked tempting are around 3000 baht, the worrying part is: will my knees be raised even higher ?

i can rectify that issue on pcx since it standard steel handle bar,

but its impossible on an nmax since the handle bar itself is plastic

yes, i was looking at custom seats, the ones that looked tempting are around 3000 baht, the worrying part is: will my knees be raised even higher ?

i can rectify that issue on pcx since it standard steel handle bar,

but its impossible on an nmax since the handle bar itself is plastic

You can remove the plastic around the Nmax handlebar leaving it similar to the PCX.

I like the PCX but it's smaller than the Nmax, leg room is far less then my Nmax, I'm 6'3" long legs, seat on PCX is awful and no ABS, I'll stick with my Nmax.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

You can remove the plastic around the Nmax handlebar leaving it similar to the PCX.

I like the PCX but it's smaller than the Nmax, leg room is far less then my Nmax, I'm 6'3" long legs, seat on PCX is awful and no ABS, I'll stick with my Nmax.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

agree out of the two the nmax is less uncomfortable,

but pcx has better potential of removing the knee-handlebar conflict.

nmax also brakes better and feels smoother to handle.

i would like to test ride forza,

i sat on it and it felt like having more potential of being comfortable, the knee-handlebar conflict is still there, but like with pcx, i can put in some distances on the handlebar so my knees can not hit the handle bar

4 minutes ago, poanoi said:

agree out of the two the nmax is less uncomfortable,

but pcx has better potential of removing the knee-handlebar conflict.

nmax also brakes better and feels smoother to handle.

i would like to test ride forza,

i sat on it and it felt like having more potential of being comfortable, the knee-handlebar conflict is still there, but like with pcx, i can put in some distances on the handlebar so my knees can not hit the handle bar

You can alter the position of the PCX handle bars forward..

6 minutes ago, transam said:

You can alter the position of the PCX handle bars forward..

yes, on one of those i tested, there were both a distance

and the handle bar was twisted forward so my knees would not hit it,

that is what i would do. the seat pushes me strongly forward tho,

for me the choice is between nmax & forza,

more specifically, if i cant find a forza at a real good price real soon, i'll settle for an nmax

2 hours ago, alx123 said:

I am European, but with a " Thai size ", I mean small and not heavy, I think my Nmax 155 suits me very well: I understand that for a strong and big guy, it's not comfortable 

surely a Forza is better 

I am European, but with a " Thai size ", I mean small and not heavy, I think my Nmax 155 suits me very well: I understand that for a strong and big guy, it's not comfortable 
surely a Forza is better 

What’s being strong got to do with anything?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

It is now 15 months since I have purchased by PCX... here is my report.

32,000 km = driven about 50% in Bangkok traffic and 50% around Thailand with up to 500km per day virtually without breaks.

Consumption = negligible

Problems = none (it worked all the way, had two punctures, I changed the transmission belt and rollers once)

Signs of wearing out = speed is the same 116km/h when stretched (if I push it beyond that it seems to have a built-in system to prevent it from going beyond that). I wish I could make the throttle and breaks respond as well as when it was new (I think it just needs some tuning and grease, but I can't find a mechanic).

Servicing = 130 baht (new oil and little else) every 2000-3000 km

Comfort = great, even with pillion on long journeys.

Storage = Hung two hooks on the handlebar, using a GPS holder with flexible arm (280 baht), a bottle holder also on the handlebar and an 30l box in the back.

I don't know the competitors, but I am very happy with the PCX. You easily get used to the Bangkok traffic, it is ultracomfortable and above all it never breaks down (Mine) ?

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

In Thailand or???

The Honda PCX 2019 is a new bike in the US Market. 
In Asia it is already available since 8-9 month.

For some reason Honda Thailand thought ABS is not necessary for the local market, but otherwise it identical to the brand new Honda US PCX 2019.

But even in the US  the ABS version is +300 USD ?

screenshot_449.png.6602ab597aea0e14738b9b3e98f61ab3.png

Very little changes from the old one but if you look at the tires it is easy to recognise the new one.

Old model smaller tires with 5 spokes:

screenshot_451.png.d81d6485bb9c54aebb30fd0d62cd6df6.png

New one, 8 spokes:

screenshot_453.png.783350e3cfa355ceb0a254dfc3b95ef8.png

Nicer cockpit, bigger storage, bigger tires, better LED light. Anything else?

44 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

No ABS like the competitors.

Like the competitors?
Yamaha:
Qbix, Aerox, Grand Filano Hybrid and of course the Nmax,  Each of this Yamaha bikes is cheaper and is available with ABS.
In case of the Nmax ABS front and rear.

Honda PCX Combined Brake System.

Im looking at buying an Nmax, but from browsing the indonesian yamaha website, I can see that their current model there has some updates;

rear LED

Better seat

new display (current one looks dated already IMO)

Sub tank rear shocks

Yamaha-NMAX-155-ABS.jpg.6da212ea43c2cf0c563b9fe080b948d0.jpg

To me these small changes make it worthwhile to hold off the purchase, if its in the next couple of months

So, is there anyone 'in the know' here, that can guestimate if/when these updates will make it to Thailand??

Archived