Any recommendations where to buy new sofa or couch?

craigt3365

I like two places better than Index... it is the place down the road next door to the Chevy dealership. There is another across Sukhumvit from Index just before Soi Siam Country Club road.

Good luck

One is Chokchai, right? We've gotten quite a bit of stuff from them over the years. Great store.

Not sure but I think the first one is Koncept - next to the traffic lights where the 7 joins Suk - I think that is the Chevy dealership next door?

Second one is SB furniture of which there is another 2 story store just before Tesco Lotus on Suk.

I have always used in New Zealand and now in Thailand Lazy Boy sofa and chairs lasts a life time ":)

I am rather tempted by these also and will probably consider one the next time I need to buy anything like that. Some models are quite reasonably priced and they do have occasional promos.

I actually once fell asleep in a LazyBoy armchair in a shop here. Very comfy and appear to be well made. Dont know how easy/hard they are to re-upholster if needed though.

I'm not sure leather is a good option here. I had that fake leather "suede" one last time. Had to put a towel under me as I would sweat. Guess even with fabric, sweating will happen and could stain the fabric? I absolutely love leather. And is great when the AC is on. Which we are now using more and more. At least during the evenings when watching TV/eating dinner inside.

We're in a bit of a difficult time. Hard to just leave the house as we've got a gaggle of workers here every day. Was suppose to be a big crew yesterday, but the rain kept them away. Hopefully, they'll show up today.

I think we'll head out today or tomorrow to get the couch we saw at the place upstairs in Big C Extra. The second one down. Very nice Thai guy, speaks a bit of English, and willing to do some changes for us. Love the selection of fabrics. Large "L" shaped couch and the back of the lounger part reclines! Kinda neat.

We need a second cheapie one for outside on the patio. Still looking for that one.

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll try to remember to post a pic when it arrives in about 3 weeks.