Three Bangkok police officers facing arrest for allegedly extorting Japanese businessman

Jonathan Fairfield

When the hell are reforms to the Thai Police Force going to start. Its just a organisation of criminals! Maybe, beetr to simply abolish the whole police force and instead let the army takes it place.

Other than the colour and fit of the uniforms, just exactly what do think the differences are?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Face Dismissals"

Are you kidding me?

Prison sentences for disgracing the Kingdom of Thailand!

(if people in LOS receive 15 years for the absurd offense of Lese-majeste...these guys should get at least 30+)

Edited by lgking

so kidnapping is only grounds for dismissal?

In most places if is a federal crime at the very least.

I like what a previous poster has suggested, offer a reward for their capture and watch the partners in crime finally do their job and turn them in.

It's obviously the only way the BIB will get off their rear ends and do their job anyway.

It is always a beautiful thing when police colonels are arrested and called out by name. This is progress. No matter how little or how slow. It has to start somewhere. This kind of thing must be happening every day in thousands of places. Bring these cretins down.

Now the Japanese will not come to Thailand because they know they might never be safe. If you can not trust a Thai policeman who can you trust?

Virtually anyone else. The Thai policeman is truly the last person in the world you can put trust in. Always remember. They are not law enforcement. They are revenue collection. Period. No skill. No investigative capacity. No law enforcement. No traffic safety. Only revenue collection.

Now the Japanese will not come to Thailand because they know they might never be safe. If you can not trust a Thai policeman who can you trust?

Virtually anyone else. The Thai policeman is truly the last person in the world you can put trust in. Always remember. They are not law enforcement. They are revenue collection. Period. No skill. No investigative capacity. No law enforcement. No traffic safety. Only revenue collection.

The RTP are little more than a SE Asian version of "The Sopranos."

Ahhhh, yes, the outstanding reputation of the BIB on full display. whistling.gif

And there are some on TV who actually believe the BIB did a good job on the KT B2 murder investigation and they arrested the right people rolleyes.gif

Yes. And there are still some who believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

cheesy.gif

Are you seriously saying that father Christmas doesn`t exist?

Whatever you do in Thailand, don`t open a business, avoid being a victim of crime, don`t have a traffic accident, don`t get ill, don`t buy property, don`t marry a Thai lady, don`t drink the water and don`t call me Shirley.

cops took my passport over a small problem with my work permit. they extorted about 60 000thb from me over 2 years before processing the paperwork to go to court where I paid an 8500thb fine (actually 9500thb but the receipt was for 8500thb). I would very strongly insist that it is a mistake to open a business in Thailand.

The RTP are little more than a SE Asian version of "The Sopranos."

Not entirely correct. The Jersey mob has some talent. They are good at that they do. They are effective. They are organized and methodical. The only thing they have in common is profitability. But all of the other qualities the Samui Keystoners lack.

what venue does the japan businessman own?

Read the article please

Don't be so smug! The article merely states:-

"The arrest came after the Japanese man, Kigushi Masato, 36, owner of an entertainment venue in Silom area,"

Nowhere does it mention the NAME of the venue!

If things were really worse than bad when the Japanese individual made his complaint to the station chief.

Japanese man would have been kept in a holding cell until the accused were rounded up.

The three are found and now all 4 confront the Japanese dude; only after half the money has been given to the station chief.

Then Japanese dude is found dead after leaping off a balcony to his death because he found his wife was into drugs..

See things are not all bad.. !

As far as bribes and tea money..... talk to any bar owner and see how much they have to pay every month for......uhhh protection money err I mean Tea money... whatever..

cops took my passport over a small problem with my work permit. they extorted about 60 000thb from me over 2 years before processing the paperwork to go to court where I paid an 8500thb fine (actually 9500thb but the receipt was for 8500thb). I would very strongly insist that it is a mistake to open a business in Thailand.

I would always try showing them only a color copy of my passport and my work permit. No you cannot see my passport. Show me some legal reason why you need to see it, then and only then, will I consider showing it to you. Maybe a court document, or something real. I know you guys are fools. You may know it too. Most of the world knows it. I am not going to allow simpletons to create misery for me. Get lost.

Is it not amazing that these crimes never seem to to hit the popular English language newspaper that I read every day, they may crop up nine or ten years in the future with a short paragraph saying after all appeals the BIB were exonerated, granted back pay, promoted, and given more medals to wear.