Thailand’s infamous playboy monk given refugee status in United States

Jonathan Fairfield

Must have been welcomed with open arms by the US. Livin' the dream bro .......

I'm guessing he pointed out the hundreds of millions of baht he had previously secreted from Thai authorities in US banks. Green card? no probs!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Posts have been removed.

I wonder what representations the LoS actually made to the US about this piece of filth ?

Was any real case for extradition made or is it the situation they don't want him back because he can name names and provide details of many suspect activities involving people in high places ?

I think its brilliant, clever guy!

I agree.If people are that stupid they don't deserve to have money.I just wish my morals were low enough to do it.When will people wake up that religion is the original con,and still going strong.Bring him back for the rape allegations though and pay TAX you crooks.

Quiet unbelievable this guy's luck is endless.For all his wrongdoing he gets rewarded by being given refugee status in the usa,and they say crime don't pay.

Your first 2 words are correct.Never believe self promotion. The man in Dubai is another example.

..the point is the 300M baht was only the tip of the iceberg...

...nobody seems to want to know or reveal who his backer/employer is....

....and since when can/would/should The U.S. harbor a criminal and alleged rapist...

So, let me get this straight: The U.S. throws a fit, and spends all of it's time going after other countries that harbour U.S. citizens like Snowden, for telling people the truth about the crimes the government is guilty of committing against it's own people. Then they turn around and take in this piece of crap.

Then they have the nerve to go around telling governments how they are supposed to act and conduct themselves..........

I hope Thailand calls them out on their outstanding image!

He has not been approved for refugee status by Homeland Security. He has merely applied and the approval process takes 1-2 years. He will be denied and eventually deported from the US because of his criminal history.

Ya but he claims that it's already been granted and, I think it's against one of the main 5 Buddhist Precepts, to knowingly speak falsehoods isn't it?

Edited by silent

Nongkhaikid posted

wonder what representations the LoS actually made to the US about this piece of filth ?

Was any real case for extradition made or is it the situation they don't want him back because he can name names and provide details of many suspect activities involving people in high places

As far as we know NOTHING has been asked of the US. That is the fun and excitement of hysterical Thai media banging, you don't have to prove anything or say anything remotely related to the truth. You just write it up, toss it against a wall and see if anything sticks. What Fun biggrin.png

For all we know the guy is in Laos. .

Edited by LomSak27

He has not been approved for refugee status by Homeland Security. He has merely applied and the approval process takes 1-2 years. He will be denied and eventually deported from the US because of his criminal history.

How much money can he make from gullible Californians over the period of 2 years?

I wonder what representations the LoS actually made to the US about this piece of filth ?

Was any real case for extradition made or is it the situation they don't want him back because he can name names and provide details of many suspect activities involving people in high places ?

Yes the Thai authorities have a stellar record for chasing and retrieving their rich and influential criminals from other countries. Somehow the process just seems to get bogged down somewhere between press release and reality.

Now there's a good candidate for extradition.

Here we go again, Thailand and the US have no formal extradition treaty, because Thailand has never wanted one. The extradite if they want to, same with the US, more a matter of good will than anything else ... . We have been going through this for how many years now?

To correct you:

Thailand International Extradition Treaty with the United States
December 14, 1983, Date-Signed
May 17, 1991, Date-In-Force
You may want to refer to this page for the details of the treaty.

America never ceases to amaze me. Police the world. Dictate their crap. This guy has rape offences and sex with a minor. The US allows him to stay. LMAO They allowed Marcos of Philippines to have safe haven. Tell others no nukes but have them. Lol. Real role models.

The bind moggles.

Would you believe a pack of rabid Buddhists (Laotian though), replete with 25 foot tall speakers has invaded the rural neighborhood where I grew up in Florida?

I visit that area of the planet (where I grew up in poverty) seldom & mostly never, but last time I was there they were whooping it up half a mile a way.

I have told my mom to call the deputies about the noise. Her grandson/my nephew IS a local deputy.

She won't do it though.

I just left. Haven't been back.

Sounds similar to my neighborhood in northern Thailand. A Buddhist organization moved in a few years ago and are proceeding to build the largest female Buddha statue in the world. I don't mind the statue, but the constant loud noise is mega-annoying. The head monk must love one song in particular. He plays it loud for the whole village (half of whom are non-Buddhists) about 9 times/day every day for the past 5 years. The same song. If you want someone to hate a song.......

There is no better tax free business like religion related business. All these half educated people and their blind belief in speritul power is what thrives the business. It's there in every religion.

Buddhist , Hindus, Muslims , Christians, Jains all of them have such crook so called Guru always taking advantage of people with weaker faith.

If the US authorities are being informed about his crimes in Thailand then I'm pretty sure he won't be granted refugee status in the US unless he us very well connected with important people in the USA.

...and he is not an infamous playboy...he is a child molester and a criminal....

But in the West, there is a double standard for filthy rich pedophiles and your average Joe citizen pedophile. Just take the UK for example. Great example. Uncover dirt on the rich, elitist, connected politicians and their pedophilia, and the next thing you know, the government seals your story with a 'D Notice' before you can publish.

Perhaps the "playboy monk" has enough jack and connections to, errr, 'smooth' the immigration/asylum issue. Plus, until Thailand signs on to the TPP, the US probably isn't going to be too helpful in resolving any issue that is in Thailand's perceived interests.

How much money can he make from gullible Californians over the period of 2 years?

Multi-millions.