TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions?

In my opinion and experience, when immigration request TM30's with extension applications they specifically want the house-master (chief possessor) to provide it as a form of proof of address. House-master being the person named in the Tabien Baan of the property which may or may not be the owner.

Whereas a TM30 submitted within 24 hours of a foreigner moving in to a property can be completed by the house-master, owner or possessor.

Ah there is the rub. I think Immigration wants the owner of the house/land to fill in the form and rarely do they want it if it is a retirement extension. The owner of the house/land will always be the owner of the house/land.

The poster above has verified my opinion while getting a retirement extension in Phuket. Phuket Immigration did not want the person living in the house to fill in the form they wanted the form filled by the owner of the house/land.

You've almost got it but.......

• It is not the owner they want but the house-master named in the Tabien Baan of the address the foreigner lives at. In addition to the TM30 they ask for a copy of the page in the Tabien Baan naming this person as house-master and a copy of their ID.
  • The house-master may or may not be the owner.
  • The owner of the property isn't necessarily named in the Tabien Baan of a property they own.
  • Thais are only named in one Tabien Baan which should be the address they claim to live at.
  • A foreigner could also qualify as the house-master

Your bulleted information is not based on fact or anything that has happened at Jomtein only your opinion.

That is all I am trying to say is the above even with bullets is only your opinion. And it is wrong.

You wrote, "It is not the owner they want but the house-master named in the Tabien Baan of the address the foreigner lives at. In addition to the TM30 they ask for a copy of the page in the Tabien Baan naming this person as house-master and a copy of their ID."

The law reads "

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30."

You wrote, "It is not the owner they want." Wrong - the law states, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

• It is owner of the house/land, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels that is to fill in the TM 30.
  • The house-master/owner is almost always a Thai owner.
  • The owner of the property is usually named in the Tabien Baan of a property they own.
  • A foreigner can not own land in Thailand.
  • To avoid problems have the owner of the property where you reside fill out a TM30 in case asked for said documnet by immigration authorities. Or don't.
  • The worst that can happen is you might have to make another trip to Imigration at Jomtein.
  • No one on Thai Visa has been asked for a TM30 to obtain a retirement extension at Jomtein when other documents such as lease or power bills have been available.
  • The easiest method to obtain a legal retirement extension at Jomtein is alone and without an agency and don't speak Thai, dress appropriatly and act polite.

For further information about a Tabien Ban see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/156485-yellow-tabien-bahn/?hl=tabien%20bahn

OMG. You cannot possibly be that vacuous! My comments are factual and not wrong.

I have made it clear that I don't know what (if anything) is asked for at Jontiem. My comments about TM30 requirements are generic and based on personal experience as well as information given to me first hand by two immigration officers (friends).

There are two different occasions when a TM30 is/may be required.

1. When a foreigner moves in. Section 38 applies and the report can be done by the house-master, owner or possessor regardless of their nationality. It only needs to be done once per entry to the country.
  2. TM30 for extensions. In my experience and following conversations with immigration, when (IF) they ask for a TM30 with extensions applications it is not necessarily to comply with section 38 but more as a form of proof/confirmation of residency. And because of that they (at least my office) are asking for the person named in the Tabien Baan as the house-master to complete the form and provide ID and a copy of the Tabien Baan. YES they are almost always the owner but it's the person named as house-master (in whatever capacity) that they want (at least at my office).

The only person giving wrong and confusing information has been you.

Section 38 of the Act actually states;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has

stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division. Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Section

Section 4 of the same Act defines house-master as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

In my case when I moved into a privately rented house, I completed a TM28 (change of address) and the TM30 on behalf of my Thai landlady (who lives some distance away) as the possessor and tenant of the property.

I didn't have any issues with Immigration as to who completed the TM30 as long as it was completed.

Both receipts are stapled in my passport.

In every topic about address reporting, you are a cantankerous poster who fails to understand what you read, either as posted from experience by other members or from extracts of the law.

From your previous posts I can only assume you have a great fear of being caught out for some illegal activity by Immigration as you seem to move up and down the Country, married but on a retirement extension and teaching.

So it would be in your own interest to avoid Immigration knowing as little as possible about your residence and the fact that you are working illegally, hence you troll on this type of topic and try to confuse the issue for your own piece of mind.

You even consulted a lawyer on this issue........unbelievable!

Your flame,

"In every topic about address reporting, you are a cantankerous poster who fails to understand what you read, either as posted from experience by other members or from extracts of the law.

From your previous posts I can only assume you have a great fear of being caught out for some illegal activity by Immigration as you seem to move up and down the Country, married but on a retirement extension and teaching.

So it would be in your own interest to avoid Immigration knowing as little as possible about your residence and the fact that you are working illegally, hence you troll on this type of topic and try to confuse the issue for your own piece of mind.

You even consulted a lawyer on this issue........unbelievable!"

No response to flame.

2. Your response about the TM 30 is not about Jomtein/Pattaya and as such is an attempt to confuse posters. Each immigration office is different. If you want to post information about another office in a thread about Pattaya you should identify the office you are posting about and the visa extension you are writing about.

Each office is different for any information to be valuable a poster should identify the office and visa they are posting about.

OMG. You cannot possibly be that vacuous! My comments are factual and not wrong.

I have made it clear that I don't know what (if anything) is asked for at Jontiem. My comments about TM30 requirements are generic and based on personal experience as well as information given to me first hand by two immigration officers (friends).

There are two different occasions when a TM30 is/may be required.

1. When a foreigner moves in. Section 38 applies and the report can be done by the house-master, owner or possessor regardless of their nationality. It only needs to be done once per entry to the country.
  2. TM30 for extensions. In my experience and following conversations with immigration, when (IF) they ask for a TM30 with extensions applications it is not necessarily to comply with section 38 but more as a form of proof/confirmation of residency. And because of that they (at least my office) are asking for the person named in the Tabien Baan as the house-master to complete the form and provide ID and a copy of the Tabien Baan. YES they are almost always the owner but it's the person named as house-master (in whatever capacity) that they want (at least at my office).

The only person giving wrong and confusing information has been you.

You wrote, "I have made it clear that I don't know what (if anything) is asked for at Jomtiem."

I am in complete agreement with you.

Since this thread is about Jomtien/Pattaya and since all Immigration offices are different I have no idea why you are posting in this thread. The first post you wrote on this thread which you listed the above information (#88) you did not make it clear you didn't know anything about Jomtein.

losttoday writes:

"No one on Thai Visa has been asked for a TM30 to obtain a retirement extension at Jomtein when other documents such as lease or power bills have been available."

-So is this correct? Is there anyone here who has been asked at this immigration office at Jomtien for such a document?

As also mentioned in another post, easy for someone to ask direct from an immigration officer at Jomtien what documents are needed for retirement extension specifically for proof of address. One of the mods who claim to specialize on immigration rules could contact immigration and get a formal ruling.

I did my extention in February and all i was required to provide re my address was a copy of my rental agreement......... has that changed?

Pattaya is Chonburi Immigration and Sri Ratcha is Chonburi Immigration, would it be unreasonable to expect some sort of commonality.

This is a TM30 receipt from Chonburi Immigration dated July 2014. I have 2 in my passport, they didn't take the old one out, just stapled it closed.

attachicon.giftm30 jul 14 001.jpg

You wrote, "Pattaya is Chonburi Immigration and Sri Ratcha is Chonburi Immigration, would it be unreasonable to expect some sort of commonality."

The answer to your question in my experience is yes.