TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions?

Again, I have never heard of a foreign owner of a condo that lives in that condo being required to file any form like this.

Wouldn't you simply show a copy of the house book (or whatever the legal document is) that shows you are the owner ?

Making things easier is just not the Thai way of thinking.

Doesn't surprise me at all, just the usual love of authority of Immigration Officials, and making up their own rules for the sake of it.

Which "rules" do you believe are "being made up ?

Can you provide a list of examples together with evidence of the examples "being made up" ?

Thanks

You obviously do not read about some IOs allow this and some don't, and I am not going to go back over all the Immigration

posts the many posters have sent into Thaivisa.

Is there any poster except oncearugge, who will say that all the Thai IOs, Embassies, and Consulates have the same rules as each other?

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me at all, just the usual love of authority of Immigration Officials, and making up their own rules for the sake of it.

Can you provide a list of examples together with evidence of the examples "being made up" ?

Thanks

You obviously do not read about some IOs allow this and some don't, and I am not going to go back over all the Immigration

Is there any poster except oncearugge, who will say that all the Thai IOs, Embassies, and Consulates have the same rules as each other?

Read post 14 of the topic "Birmingham UK Consulate now not Issuing 90 day Non immigrant Visa".

There are many, many similar posts like that about Thai IOs, Embassies, and Consulates all through Thai visa.

• Like 1

Thanks

Read post 14 of the topic "Birmingham UK Consulate now not Issuing 90 day Non immigrant Visa".

There are many, many similar posts like that about Thai IOs, Embassies, and Consulates all through Thai visa.

How does the fact that Birmingham no longer issues a particular visa equate with "making up rules"?

Where is the "rule" that says Birmingham is obliged to issue the visa ?

There seems to be very little doubt that for the time being, immigration at Jomtien require a form TM30 to be submitted with all requests for extensions to their stays in Thailand.

There... does the above 'terminology' satisfy the pedantics amongst us?

Can any one who has already gone through this process advise what documentation is required for the TM 30 if you are named on the lease as the Lessee. (Tenant). Do you have to provide a copy of the chanod from the owner,(lessor) or copy of their ID, or is the lease alone sufficient documentation?

Thanks

Mobi

OK Mr Oncearugg, we will just have to agree to disagree on this.

You think all Thai Immigration Depts have the same rules and I don't.

Again, maybe we can forget the word "rules" and say "Some IOs will allow this and some won't".

but it is really much the same thing.

There seems to be very little doubt that for the time being, immigration at Jomtien require a form TM30 to be submitted with all requests for extensions to their stays in Thailand.

Can any one who has already gone through this process advise what documentation is required for the TM 30 if you are named on the lease as the Lessee. (Tenant). Do you have to provide a copy of the chanod from the owner,(lessor) or copy of their ID, or is the lease alone sufficient documentation?

Thanks

Mobi

Our case involved the extension of stay for 60 day TR Tourist Visas for an additional 30 days and when i had to fill out a submit TM30 Forms on Sep 21st & Sep 29th (they would not accept the receipt from Sep 21st submission) i only had to show our lease (which is in my name and my wife's name - both of us are not Thai) plus copies of our passports (including visa page and arrival stamp and departure cards) .. as both of our names were on the lease we were both "deemed" to be House-Masters ..

it was very straight forward and it took longer to fill out the TM30 than to get it submitted and receipted .. however i did notice many people having problems which may have been related to either different types of visa situations or insufficient documentation .. only my observations not facts known to me as such ..

The simple requirement for a TM30 to be filed is not unique to Pattaya!

Phuket has required this since (to my knowledge) Febuary of this year.

I am sure there are other immigration offices requiring the TM30 and those that do not I suspect soon will.

For many years there has been an enormous hole in the alien reporting system whereby owners of houses, lodgings guest houses etc. have never submitted forms TM30 as they are required to do whenever an alien is living in their property.

This has clearly created a bit problem when it comes to keeping track of aliens' whereabouts and movement in the country. This desire to keep tabs on all aliens is a subject for a different debate.

Whether or not this crackdown started before or after the bombing, security is obviously the reason for all this. Those bomber suspects all stayed in seedy apartment blocks in distant Bangkok suburbs, and I'll bet you that the owners of those rooms never submitted any TM 30's. This would apply to any alien who comes to Thailand to do mischief. They will find seedy, cheap, unobtrusive places to stay outside of tourist areas and will hope to avoid their names being reported on TM 30's.

The powers that be have obviously pondered this problem for quite a while and have concluded that the only way to plug the gap and to bring house owners etc to heel is to put the onus on the farangs' when they come to immigration and apply for extensions to their stay in Thailand...

And it seems to be working, but whether it will deter those really intent on doing harm is quite another question.

but if you live in your owned condo?

Then you submit the TM30 yourself as the House-Master/Owner.

I really don't think so.

That's absurd really.

Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do. coffee1.gif

there are no ifs, buts or whens, jomtiem requests for all extensions of stay tm 30, copy landlord's id, housebook.

wbr

roobaa01

I have a friend who got a retirement extsion at Jomtien a couple of weeks ago and they didn't ask him. So I think you are not correct. Have you been asked for one?

but if you live in your owned condo?

I really don't think so.

That's absurd really.

Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do. coffee1.gif

Actually the "possessor " of a property who might be a "Farang" can be required to file a TM30

Possessor

"A person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner."

Thanks

Mobi

Seems to me a mostly hearsay that a TM30 is necessary. After all somone may tell Immigration that TM 30 is a form for Thai people sooner or later. I know some here think not. But I have not read about one person doing a retiremtent extension who has been asked for a TM 30 when that person presented a lease or rental contract that involved someone else owning the property of residence.

Mobi you never said what kind of visa (I assume you meant visa extension yes or no?) the person who told you he was asked for a TM 30 was trying to get. You wrote, "A good friend of mine went to immigration last week to renew the visas of his family and he was told that he could not renew their visas without a TM30 form receipt."

What does that mean? Was he trying to get a visa or an extension for himself or only for his family and if so why? Wouldn't the family have to go to Immigration? It is confusing to me and as immigration is confusing enough I suggest being specific about what the purpose of the visit to Immigration was. wai2.gif

So I am waiting for a guy who has received a retirement extension without presenting a TM 30 at Jomtien to post. I have never met a person getting a retirement extension who was pressed for a TM 30 when he had a rental contract.

I really don't think so.

That's absurd really.

Actually the "possessor " of a property who might be a "Farang" can be required to file a TM30

Possessor

"A person who takes, occupies, or holds something without necessarily having ownership, or as distinguished from the owner."

In the case of a condo there is an owner of the condo building who is Thai, who in my opinion would be the house master.

I don't think Immigration will accept a google definition of "possessor" as opposed to the Thai law. My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building.

Why would you post an Oxford dictionary definition when dealing with Thai Law? Do you think Thai judges use an Oxford dictionary when ruling on Thai law?

I am sure there are other immigration offices requiring the TM30 and those that do not I suspect soon will.

I don't think Phuket requries a TM 30. I could be wrong but I think they have their own form.

I am sure thare are no other immigratin offices requiring the TM 30 form and I don't think they ever will. (I can be just as much expert as you eh?)

Actually neither you nor I know anything about the plans of The Thai Immigration offices. wai2.gif

"There was a thread about this a few months back concerning a similar problem at Sri Racha but it seemed to be a one-off, or a maverick immigration officer and the thread soon died."

Certainly wasn't one-off, been like that for some time. Not a problem for me, they give my wife the form, she fills it in and they stick the receipt in my passport.

To clarify (even though I'm not the OP), yes, I'm the renter and I had to get the form filled out by the owner and then bring the form with me in order to submit the paperwork for my extension of stay. You're also required to bring the owner or someone that can verify where you live with you to the immigration office on the day you submit your paperwork. I brought a friend of mine and she had to answer questions regarding my address, phone number, how long she had known me, where we met, etc.

​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law.

"​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law."

Nonsense.They're probably the most reasonable immigration office around. I've never experience a problem or surprise there in years of dealing with them.

I have to admit I have only "dealt" with 2 immigration offices, but, I have found the JOMTIEN people to be very nice, have a sence of humor, and have always been helpful if I had a question to ask. My 2nd to last visit ( since the new bar codes were activated ) took all of 5 minutes, AND, I was informed that in 7 days I could renew my """"retirement visa""" ( <<<===- his words ) aka extension of stay based on retirement.

When I do my 90 days, I ALWAYS have ALL the paperwork I have from Immigration I have received, my rental lease - and 18 months of receipts ( needed 1 time, my 13th month ).

I think the key to being treated well is BE COURTIOUS, I usually end up with the same officer who seems to remember me. I always wai, greet in Thai, then switch to English, once done, say thank you in Thai, wai and leave. One time, another person sitting next to my "regular officer", was processing my 90 day, my "regular officer" greeted me.

Courteous: I've learned that 'courteous' means, I smile once at the I/O while sitting down, then shut up and let my wife do all the talking. On the average yearly extension, the I/Os generally never say a word to me, and for all intents and purposes, I'm invisible. Works for them; works for me! smile.png

Likewise.

I don't think Phuket requries a TM 30. I could be wrong but I think they have their own form.

I am sure thare are no other immigratin offices requiring the TM 30 form and I don't think they ever will. (I can be just as much expert as you eh?)

Actually neither you nor I know anything about the plans of The Thai Immigration offices. wai2.gif

You are correct inasmuch that Phuket does have its own version of the TM30. However, they will accept a TM30 which is what I provided.

Time will be the judge of the remainder of your comment.

Thanks

Mobi

Seems to me a mostly hearsay that a TM30 is necessary. After all someone may tell Immigration that TM 30 is a form for Thai people sooner or later. I know some here think not. But I have not read about one person doing a retirement extension who has been asked for a TM 30 when that person presented a lease or rental contract that involved someone else owning the property of residence.

Mobi you never said what kind of visa (I assume you meant visa extension yes or no?) the person who told you he was asked for a TM 30 was trying to get. You wrote, "A good friend of mine went to immigration last week to renew the visas of his family and he was told that he could not renew their visas without a TM30 form receipt."

What does that mean? Was he trying to get a visa or an extension for himself or only for his family and if so why? Wouldn't the family have to go to Immigration? It is confusing to me and as immigration is confusing enough I suggest being specific about what the purpose of the visit to Immigration was. wai2.gif

So I am waiting for a guy who has received a retirement extension without presenting a TM 30 at Jomtien to post. I have never met a person getting a retirement extension who was pressed for a TM 30 when he had a rental contract.

The case of my friend involved involved the extension of stay for 60 day Tourist Visas for an additional 30 days . He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30. At no stage of this process was any 'tea money' asked for or given. They seem to be trying to get rid of the agents, and cleaning up the corruption. (which again ties in with what is going on nationally)

I have known this friend for over 40 years and respect his take on these matters but we had quite an argument when he told me about the TM 30 requirement as it seemed so unlikely. Then I realised it could be true as it has been reported as happening at other immigration centres throughout Thailand, as far back as October 2014, so why not Jomtien? Hence I opened this thread to find out other people's experiences.

You are correct that so far there are no reports on this thread of people applying for a retirement extension being asked for a TM 30. So like you, I am prepared to wait for final verification on this. However, everything points that way, and TM 30's have definitely been requested by retirees at Phuket immigration and elsewhere. There is little doubt in my mind, but I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I might even go down to immigration myself and enquire whether they will need a TM 30 when I next apply to extend my retirement visa. (not due until March, 2016)

Let's see.....

It is no big deal. The Farang is not the housemaster but if Immigration wants the form filled out so be it. It is not legal or correct or as good a proof as a lease or any kind of rental contract or hotel bill.

This topic comes up all the time along with the threats of home visits. It's about time to start another home visit threatening thread eh?

I really don't get it. Retirement extensions are easy to get and rarely involve any problems at all. All the problems are about ED or Marriage extensions. But 99% of the people reading the forum are tourists or old fellas on retirement extensions both of which are never mentioned because there are no problems.

Thailand Immigration has slipped further out of control, is populated with renegade, self-appointed potentates, and people should vote with their feet...

I think a lot of falangs would vote with their feet but they are trapped here by owning real estate and having family's.coffee1.gif

I understand; I should have added,"...if possible".

I really do feel for those who have made plans and a commitment in Thailand. I was one of them, and bailing hurt, but was for the best.

Thanks

Mobi

Seems to me a mostly hearsay that a TM30 is necessary. After all someone may tell Immigration that TM 30 is a form for Thai people sooner or later. I know some here think not. But I have not read about one person doing a retirement extension who has been asked for a TM 30 when that person presented a lease or rental contract that involved someone else owning the property of residence.

The case of my friend involved involved the extension of stay for 60 day Tourist Visas for an additional 30 days . He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30. At no stage of this process was any 'tea money' asked for or given. They seem to be trying to get rid of the agents, and cleaning up the corruption. (which again ties in with what is going on nationally)

I have known this friend for over 40 years and respect his take on these matters but we had quite an argument when he told me about the TM 30 requirement as it seemed so unlikely. Then I realised it could be true as it has been reported as happening at other immigration centres throughout Thailand, as far back as October 2014, so why not Jomtien? Hence I opened this thread to find out other people's experiences.

You are correct that so far there are no reports on this thread of people applying for a retirement extension being asked for a TM 30. So like you, I am prepared to wait for final verification on this. However, everything points that way, and TM 30's have definitely been requested by retirees at Phuket immigration and elsewhere. There is little doubt in my mind, but I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I might even go down to immigration myself and enquire whether they will need a TM 30 when I next apply to extend my retirement visa. (not due until March, 2016)

Let's see.....

A. You wrote, "He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30"

B. Your Headline is, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions"

I don't know how you get from A to B but......

This is Thai Visa the largest website in the WORLD dealing with Thai Visas. You would think someone could call up Thai Immigration at Jomtein and ask them. There must be someone working at Thai Visa who speaks Thai or someone working at Thai Immigration who speaks English.

The phone number is, Tel: 038 252 750

• Like 1

it seems like that each Immigration office does it differently. I am in the lucky position that I study at a Goverment University and all the paper work is done by the University. The Immigration even comes to the University and issues the visa.I only have to hand in my passport (because the papers they already have from the University) and usually have a little nice chat with the Immigration lady officers. It seems that it can also be easily handed but some immigrations are maybe more difficult.

By the way. I just got my visa for one year and only have to submit an online form every 90 years which even my University will remind me a week before I have to do it.

I am happy to have chosen this visa option because I also like to study for a few hours a week and I am already 48.

Thanks

Do your own research oncearugge. There are plenty of examples on this forum. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

it seems like that each Immigration office does it differently. I am in the lucky position that I study at a Goverment University and all the paper work is done by the University. The Immigration even comes to the University and issues the visa.I only have to hand in my passport (because the papers they already have from the University) and usually have a little nice chat with the Immigration lady officers. It seems that it can also be easily handed but some immigrations are maybe more difficult.

By the way. I just got my visa for one year and only have to submit an online form every 90 years which even my University will remind me a week before I have to do it.

I am happy to have chosen this visa option because I also like to study for a few hours a week and I am already 48.

Are you certain you were given a one year visa ?

I would suggest checking the passport which most likely contains an extension of stay (which is not a visa)

Thanks

Mobi

Let's see.....

A. You wrote, "He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30"

B. Your Headline is, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions"

This is Thai Visa the largest website in the WORLD dealing with Thai Visas. You would think someone could call up Thai Immigration at Jomtein and ask them. There must be someone working at Thai Visa who speaks Thai or someone working at Thai Immigration who speaks English.

I think that I and others - both on this thread and earlier threads - have provided a great deal of information to enable me to move from A to B. as a headline. Phuket has arguably even more retirees than Pattaya, and all retirees there now have to produce a TM 30. Why there and not here?

I have not exaggerated or made up anything. I state it the way it is.

You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that my quoted friend was told to produce a TM30 when he applies for his own retirement extension - at Jomtien....

Let's see who is right?

I hope you are, but I fear not.

I think that I and others - both on this thread and earlier threads - have provided a great deal of information to enable me to move from A to B. as a headline. Phuket has arguably even more retirees than Pattaya, and all retirees there now have to produce a TM 30. Why there and not here?

I have not exaggerated or made up anything. I state it the way it is.

You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that my quoted friend was told to produce a TM30 when he applies for his own retirement extension - at Jomtien....

Let's see who is right?

I hope you are, but I fear not.

Phuket does not require a TM30. The topic of this thread is not Phuket. Below is the form Phuket requires.

Your friend, however accurate was second hand information and was not getting a retirement extension.

If anyone really cares and is not clickbaiting let them call and report back to all of us. I'd do it except I'm not getting paid to provide Thai Visa information or disinformation.

If you wanted to help people you would call Pattaya Immigration or check with a person who recently got a retirement visa. If you wanted to create doubt and worry you would post a headline like, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions."

Do you really think with the 100 or so retirement extensions done per day in Pattaya that no one would come on Thai Visa and post a new requriement like a TM 30. Aw come on now.......

It would be different if you posted a copy of the TM 30 and said might ought to have one of these if going for an extension at Jomtein.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775837-anyone-heard-of-this-immigration-policy/

Phuket Residence Form.pdf

Edited by lostoday

I really don't think so.

submit the TM30 yourself as the House-Master/Owner.

That's absurd really.

Possessor

In the case of a condo there is an owner of the condo building who is Thai, who in my opinion would be the house master.

I don't think Immigration will accept a google definition of "possessor" as opposed to the Thai law. My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building.

Why would you post an Oxford dictionary definition when dealing with Thai Law? Do you think Thai judges use an Oxford dictionary when ruling on Thai law?

You might want to get a new attorney!

House-Master in Thai law is defined as

• Immigration Act. Section 4:
    • "“ House Master ”means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:

• "Immigration Act. Section 38: The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office"
    • A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property.
    • A foreigner can be an owner of a property.
    • A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor.

Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does.

• Like 1

Possessor

You might want to get a new attorney!

House-Master in Thai law is defined as

• Immigration Act. Section 4:
    • "“ House Master ”means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:

• "Immigration Act. Section 38: The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office"
    • A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property.
    • A foreigner can be an owner of a property.
    • A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor.

Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does.

Please provide a link for 1. "The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:"

2. "A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property.

A foreigner can be an owner of a property

A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor."

3. "Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does."

Just out of curiousity are you an Immigration official or work for an agency? I'm trying to evaluate if your posts should be taken with any more credibility than the average Thai Visa poster.

Edited by lostoday