TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions?

I don't think Immigration will accept a google definition of "possessor" as opposed to the Thai law. My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building.

Why would you post an Oxford dictionary definition when dealing with Thai Law? Do you think Thai judges use an Oxford dictionary when ruling on Thai law?

You might want to get a new attorney!

House-Master in Thai law is defined as

• Immigration Act. Section 4:
    • "“ House Master ”means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:

• "Immigration Act. Section 38: The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office"
    • A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property.
    • A foreigner can be an owner of a property.
    • A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor.

Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does.

Please provide a link for 1. "The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:"

2. "A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property. A foreigner can be an owner of a property

A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor."

3. "Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does."

Just out of curiousity are you an Immigration official or work for an agency?

1. I did. See section 38 of the immigration act.

2. Those were my comments. Notice they are outside of the quote of the immigration act section 38.

3. My opinion. "don't seem bothered" makes that pretty clear.

No neither.

I don't think Immigration will accept a google definition of "possessor" as opposed to the Thai law. My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building.

Why would you post an Oxford dictionary definition when dealing with Thai Law? Do you think Thai judges use an Oxford dictionary when ruling on Thai law?

You might want to get a new attorney!

House-Master in Thai law is defined as

• Immigration Act. Section 4:
    • "“ House Master ”means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act."

• "Immigration Act. Section 38: The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office"
    • A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor.

Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does.

Please provide a link for 1. "The responsibility of submitting the TM30 falls to three possible entities:"

2. "A house-master can be a foreigner if named in the house book of the property. A foreigner can be an owner of a property

A foreigner living in a private residence they can be considered the possessor."

3. "Immigration don't seem to bothered who actually submits the TM30 just that someone does."

Just out of curiousity are you an Immigration official or work for an agency?

1. I did. See section 38 of the immigration act.

2. Those were my comments. Notice they are outside of the quote of the immigration act section 38.

3. My opinion. "don't seem bothered" makes that pretty clear.

No neither.

That is really bad. You make it look like

is part of some Thai law. It is not.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed inflammatory comment

Are you not aware that a foreigner can own a condo and rent it out to another foreigner, And can be the one asked to do the TM30. They could also own a house through a company and be the one to submit the TM30.

Not sure where you get the idea that only a Thai can sign the TM30.

Are you not aware that a foreigner can own a condo and rent it out to another foreigner, And can be the one asked to do the TM30. They could also own a house through a company and be the one to submit the TM30.

If Thailand wanted to put the above three points in the law they would have put them in the law. They are only the opinion of a poster who has not been in Thailand long. If he had qualified his remarks as his opinion I would have no problem with them. It is making them look like they are part of Immigration law that I had a problem with.

Has anyone called Jomtein and asked them if a TM30 is now required for all extensions as purported in this thread? One phone call from Thai Visa could answer the question eh?

If Thailand wanted to put the above three points in the law they would have put them in the law. They are only the opinion of a poster who has not been in Thailand long. If he had qualified his remarks as his opinion I would have no problem with them. It is making them look like they are part of Immigration law that I had a problem with.

How do you form the opinion that I haven't "been in Thailand long" and what's the relevance?

To be clear, I didn't quote it as law. You interrupted what was written that way. The law does specify who is responsible for submitting the TM30 (section 38) and I gave you three examples of how a foreigner can qualify as a house-master, owner or possessor.

The law doesn't specify a nationality requirement so as long as the foreigner qualifies as one or more of the three named entities they can complete and submit the form to immigration even if they are the foreigner named on the form.

You previously said "Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do." which is not true and "really bad". The law confirms you're wrong and if you search the forum you will find first hand reports from members that have been asked by immigration to complete the form themselves. Clearly there are far more knowledgeable people offering opinions on this forum than you or your attorney.

Edited by elviajero

How do you form the opinion that I haven't "been in Thailand long" and what's the relevance?

To be clear, I didn't quote it as law. You interrupted what was written that way. The law does specify who is responsible for submitting the TM30 (section 38) and I gave you three examples of how a foreigner can qualify as a house-master, owner or possessor.

The law doesn't specify a nationality requirement so as long as the foreigner qualifies as one or more of the three named entities they can complete and submit the form to immigration even if they are the foreigner named on the form.

You previously said "Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do." which is not true and "really bad". The law confirms you're wrong and if you search the forum you will find first hand reports from members that have been asked by immigration to complete the form themselves. Clearly there are far more knowledgeable people offering options in this forum than you or your attorney.

I offered you an opinion. My lawyer said the person who owns the building is responsible for the TM30. That is his opinion. I offered you my experience. 15 Retirement extensions in different parts of Thailand never being asked for a TM30.

You tried to fake it and make your opinion look like it was part of Immigration law see what you wrote below. Anyone can see what you wrote below.

You wrote,

You previously said "Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do." which is not true and "really bad". The law confirms you're wrong and if you search the forum you will find first hand reports from members that have been asked by immigration to complete the form themselves. Clearly there are far more knowledgeable people offering options in this forum than you or your attorney.

I offered you an opinion. My lawyer said the person who owns the building is responsible for the TM30. That is his opinion. I offered you my experience. 15 Retirement extensions in different parts of Thailand never being asked for a TM30.

You tried to fake it and make your opinion look like it was part of Immigration law see what you wrote below.

I understand how you interpreted what I wrote, but I have already clarified that it wasn't part of law so there is no need for you to repeat your misunderstanding. Regardless of how you interpreted what was written it is factual.

I didn't try and "fake" anything! Why would I? I am simply offering information for people so they know the facts and are not mislead by statements such as yours that are wrong.

On your new point. The fact that you haven't been asked for a TM30 doesn't mean others haven't either. Offices are asking for this more often which is also confirmed by members reports. My office started asking for it 2014 and now require it every year.

Edited by elviajero

A. You wrote, "He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30"

B. Your Headline is, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions"

I don't know how you get from A to B but......

This is Thai Visa the largest website in the WORLD dealing with Thai Visas. You would think someone could call up Thai Immigration at Jomtein and ask them. There must be someone working at Thai Visa who speaks Thai or someone working at Thai Immigration who speaks English.

The phone number is, Tel: 038 252 750

I think that I and others - both on this thread and earlier threads - have provided a great deal of information to enable me to move from A to B. as a headline. Phuket has arguably even more retirees than Pattaya, and all retirees there now have to produce a TM 30. Why there and not here?

I have not exaggerated or made up anything. I state it the way it is.

You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that my quoted friend was told to produce a TM30 when he applies for his own retirement extension - at Jomtien....

Let's see who is right?

I hope you are, but I fear not.

Phuket does not require a TM30. The topic of this thread is not Phuket. Below is the form Phuket requires.

Your friend, however accurate was second hand information and was not getting a retirement extension.

If anyone really cares and is not clickbaiting let them call and report back to all of us. I'd do it except I'm not getting paid to provide Thai Visa information or disinformation.

If you wanted to help people you would call Pattaya Immigration or check with a person who recently got a retirement visa. If you wanted to create doubt and worry you would post a headline like, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions."

Do you really think with the 100 or so retirement extensions done per day in Pattaya that no one would come on Thai Visa and post a new requriement like a TM 30. Aw come on now.......

It would be different if you posted a copy of the TM 30 and said might ought to have one of these if going for an extension at Jomtein.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775837-anyone-heard-of-this-immigration-policy/

I was given a TM30 to fill in IN PHUKET, they were not interested in my lease agreement, or my 30 year lease on the Chanote.

The form was for the house owner to fill in, they were required to give ID numbers, name etc, relationship with tenant , how many people were living in the house. My name passport number etc were also needed.

The landlord was not required to be with me when I submitted the form.

I was applying for a Retirement extension.

I understand how you interpreted what I wrote, but I have already clarified that it wasn't part of law so there is no need for you to repeat your misunderstanding. Regardless of how you interpreted what was written it is factual.

I didn't try and "fake" anything! Why would I? I am simply offering information for people so they know the facts and are not mislead by statements such as yours that are wrong.

On your new point. The fact that you haven't been asked for a TM30 doesn't mean others haven't either. Offices are asking for this more often which is also confirmed by members reports. My office started asking for it 2014 and now require it every year.

If my memory is correct your office is not Pattaya and you don't get a retirement extension. How would you know other offices are asking for this more often? Reading Thai visa like me? Do you actually know anything about the topic of this thread which is specific to Pattaya Immigration asking for a TM30?

All immigration offices are different what happens in one has little bearing with what happens in another. I know this from experience.

I've received 4 retirement extensions from the Jomtein branch of Immigration and never been asked for proof of residence.

If you don't have any experience specific to Pattaya I can't understand why you are posting without mentioning that you have never had any dealings with Pattaya Immigration.

For example the guy above makes it real clear he is talking about Phuket and a retirement extension. As I would think is appropiate.

Edited by lostoday

A. You wrote, "He also told me there was a long queue of farangs from all manner of countries and every single one was given a blank TM 30 to get filled. A vast majority took the form and left immigration without continuing with their applications. This was Monday last week. He could not say whether any of these people were applying for retirement extensions, but he was told that when his own retirement visa became due for extension, he would need another TM 30"

B. Your Headline is, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions"

I don't know how you get from A to B but......

This is Thai Visa the largest website in the WORLD dealing with Thai Visas. You would think someone could call up Thai Immigration at Jomtein and ask them. There must be someone working at Thai Visa who speaks Thai or someone working at Thai Immigration who speaks English.

The phone number is, Tel: 038 252 750

I think that I and others - both on this thread and earlier threads - have provided a great deal of information to enable me to move from A to B. as a headline. Phuket has arguably even more retirees than Pattaya, and all retirees there now have to produce a TM 30. Why there and not here?

I have not exaggerated or made up anything. I state it the way it is.

You seem to have conveniently ignored the fact that my quoted friend was told to produce a TM30 when he applies for his own retirement extension - at Jomtien....

Let's see who is right?

I hope you are, but I fear not.

Phuket does not require a TM30. The topic of this thread is not Phuket. Below is the form Phuket requires.

Your friend, however accurate was second hand information and was not getting a retirement extension.

If anyone really cares and is not clickbaiting let them call and report back to all of us. I'd do it except I'm not getting paid to provide Thai Visa information or disinformation.

If you wanted to help people you would call Pattaya Immigration or check with a person who recently got a retirement visa. If you wanted to create doubt and worry you would post a headline like, "TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions."

Do you really think with the 100 or so retirement extensions done per day in Pattaya that no one would come on Thai Visa and post a new requriement like a TM 30. Aw come on now.......

It would be different if you posted a copy of the TM 30 and said might ought to have one of these if going for an extension at Jomtein.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775837-anyone-heard-of-this-immigration-policy/

I was given a TM30 to fill in IN PHUKET, they were not interested in my lease agreement, or my 30 year lease on the Chanote.

The form was for the house owner to fill in, they were required to give ID numbers, name etc, relationship with tenant , how many people were living in the house. My name passport number etc were also needed.

The landlord was not required to be with me when I submitted the form.

I was applying for a Retirement extension.

When (date) were you given a TM30 or the Phuket version listed above? If I got this correct, you were given a TM30 (not the Phuket form above) and you took it to the owner of your house who was required to fill in the form. In other words, you as the renter (possessor) of the house could not fill in the TM30? Correct?

You seem to confirm what my lawyer told me that the TM30 was for the owner of the building/land to fill out and immigration did not want you to fill it out.

Edited by lostoday

If my memory is correct your office is not Pattaya and you don't get a retirement extension. How would you know other offices are asking for this more often? Reading Thai visa like me? Do you actually know anything about the topic of this thread which is specific to Pattaya Immigration asking for a TM30?

All immigration offices are different what happens in one has little bearing with what happens in another. I know this from experience.

I've received 4 retirement extensions from the Jomtein branch of Immigration and never been asked for proof of residence.

If you don't have any experience specific to Pattaya I can't understand why you are posting without mentioning that you have never had any dealings with Pattaya Immigration.

I have no experience with Pattaya immigration and no comment to offer specific to that office.

I only got involved in this thread to correct your misinformation.

I have no experience with Pattaya immigration and no comment to offer specific to that office.

What about the Farang possessor above in Phuket? Aren't you going to correct him?

What about the Farang possessor above in Phuket? Aren't you going to correct him?

I've nothing to correct. Unlike you they aren't making false claims.

To clarify. You said, "My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building." and "Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do." All I have done is correct the wrong information given to you by your lawyer and your incorrect statement that only Thai people can complete a TM30. But as usual you don't take the time to read and comprehend what's being said to you.

Edited by elviajero

To clarify. You said, "My Thai attorney told me that the house master was the person who owned the building." and "Absurd is asking a Farang to fill out a TM 30 form as it is for Thai people to do." All I have done is correct the wrong information given to you by your lawyer and your incorrect statement that only Thai people can complete a TM30. But as usual you don't take the time to read and comprehend what's being said to you.

The other post says the same thing my lawyer said read below.

"I was given a TM30 to fill in IN PHUKET, they were not interested in my lease agreement, or my 30 year lease on the Chanote.The form was for the house owner to fill in,"

Edited by lostoday

I followed this topic because I was interested in it

As it turns out, probably the OP is a troll.

But worse than that these guys on here are arguing about "who said what" stuff.

Turn it off please.

• Like 1

I followed this topic because I was interested in it

As it turns out, probably the OP is a troll.

But worse than that these guys on here are arguing about "who said what" stuff.

Turn it off please.

I don't really think Mobi is a troll. I don't know why he would make such a post. The argument is about who should fill in the TM30. I'm thinking no one or the house owner and the other guy says any Farang is liable to fill out the report.

That is a significant difference.

Should you go to your landlord and ask him for a lot of paperwork for nothing or should you fill in the report and keep it on hand in case it is asked for at Immigration.

Do you get extensions? Don't you want to know?

Edited by lostoday

"I was given a TM30 to fill in IN PHUKET, they were not interested in my lease agreement, or my 30 year lease on the Chanote.The form was for the house owner to fill in,"

In my opinion and experience, when immigration request TM30's with extension applications they specifically want the house-master (chief possessor) to provide it as a form of proof of address. House-master being the person named in the Tabien Baan of the property which may or may not be the owner.

Whereas a TM30 submitted within 24 hours of a foreigner moving in to a property can be completed by the house-master, owner or possessor.

In my opinion and experience, when immigration request TM30's with extension applications they specifically want the house-master (chief possessor) to provide it as a form of proof of address. House-master being the person named in the Tabien Baan of the property which may or may not be the owner.

Whereas a TM30 submitted within 24 hours of a foreigner moving in to a property can be completed by the house-master, owner or possessor.

Ah there is the rub. I think Immigration wants the owner of the house/land to fill in the form and rarely do they want it if it is a retirement extension. The owner of the house/land will always be the owner of the house/land.

The poster above has verified my opinion while getting a retirement extension in Phuket. Phuket Immigration did not want the person living in the house to fill in the form they wanted the form filled by the owner of the house/land.

We don't know where elviajero gets an extension or what kind.

If I lived in a condo I would have the owner of the building fill in a TM30. If asked for it I would supply it to Immigration. There would be no doubt about it if the owner of the building/land filled in the TM30. Anyone else may be suspect in my opinion.

However if anyone really cares they can call Pattaya Immigration and ask.

Ah there is the rub. I think Immigration wants the owner of the house/land to fill in the form and rarely do they want it if it is a retirement extension. The owner of the house/land will always be the owner of the house/land.

The poster above has verified my opinion while getting a retirement extension in Phuket. Phuket Immigration did not want the person living in the house to fill in the form they wanted the form filled by the owner of the house/land.

You've almost got it but.......

• It is not the owner they want but the house-master named in the Tabien Baan of the address the foreigner lives at. In addition to the TM30 they ask for a copy of the page in the Tabien Baan naming this person as house-master and a copy of their ID.
  • The house-master may or may not be the owner.
  • The owner of the property isn't necessarily named in the Tabien Baan of a property they own.
  • Thais are only named in one Tabien Baan which should be the address they claim to live at.
  • A foreigner could also qualify as the house-master.
  • Like 1

FWIW, a few years when I moved to Hua Hin (where I rented a townhouse from its Thai owner) from Jomtien I visited Hua Hin Immigrations to submit a TM.28. I wanted to make it official that I was in their jurisdiction so there was no issue when I applied for my next retirement extension in Hua Hin after having done several years' extensions in Jomtien.

The Immigrations Officer raised an eyebrow when accepting the form with a comment to the effect "We don't get many of these," but she duly entered info in the computer and stapled the bottom part to the back of my passport, just like they do with a 90-day report.

I have no idea if the townhouse owner also submitted a TM.30. She did make a copy of my passport, which I think is fairly routine for rentals, and that practice I have always assumed was to be able to report to Immigrations that they have a foreigner living in their property.

When I returned to living in my own condo in Jomtien a few years later, I did not submit a TM.28 (nor TM.30) to Jomtien Immigrations since I had "reported" my Jomtien address on the most recent TM.6 form after returning from overseas. (I am now wondering if that really was sufficient to satisfy the "letter of the law," but it wasn't an issue at that time.)

I do not think this requirement to submit a TM.30/TM.28 is any new regulatory requirement. I think it has always (or, at least for quite some time) been in the regulations to submit the form. What seems to be new is that they are no longer ignoring the regulation.

• Like 1

You've almost got it but.......

• It is not the owner they want but the house-master named in the Tabien Baan of the address the foreigner lives at. In addition to the TM30 they ask for a copy of the page in the Tabien Baan naming this person as house-master and a copy of their ID.
  • The house-master may or may not be the owner.
  • The owner of the property isn't necessarily named in the Tabien Baan of a property they own.
  • Thais are only named in one Tabien Baan which should be the address they claim to live at.
  • A foreigner could also qualify as the house-master.

Your bulleted information is not based on fact or anything that has happened at Jomtein only your opinion.

That is all I am trying to say is the above even with bullets is only your opinion. And it is wrong.

You wrote, "It is not the owner they want but the house-master named in the Tabien Baan of the address the foreigner lives at. In addition to the TM30 they ask for a copy of the page in the Tabien Baan naming this person as house-master and a copy of their ID."

The law reads "

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30."

You wrote, "It is not the owner they want." Wrong - the law states, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

• It is owner of the house/land, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels that is to fill in the TM 30.
  • The house-master/owner is almost always a Thai owner.
  • The owner of the property is usually named in the Tabien Baan of a property they own.
  • A foreigner can not own land in Thailand.
  • To avoid problems have the owner of the property where you reside fill out a TM30 in case asked for said documnet by immigration authorities. Or don't.
  • The worst that can happen is you might have to make another trip to Imigration at Jomtein.
  • No one on Thai Visa has been asked for a TM30 to obtain a retirement extension at Jomtein when other documents such as lease or power bills have been available.
  • The easiest method to obtain a legal retirement extension at Jomtein is alone and without an agency and don't speak Thai, dress appropriatly and act polite.

For further information about a Tabien Ban see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/156485-yellow-tabien-bahn/?hl=tabien%20bahn

Simple solution: Get a TM30 filled out by the owner (Thai or farang) and bring it with you if you are doing an extension of stay at Jomtien. Then, you're covered if they ask for it. If they don't ask - no harm, no foul. Hang on to it for your next extension. It's one form and really not that big of a deal.

I have my handy dandy receipt now and I'm keeping it in my wallet just in case anyone ever asks for it again.

• Like 2

losttoday writes:

"No one on Thai Visa has been asked for a TM30 to obtain a retirement extension at Jomtein when other documents such as lease or power bills have been available."

-So is this correct? Is there anyone here who has been asked at this immigration office at Jomtien for such a document?

As also mentioned in another post, easy for someone to ask direct from an immigration officer at Jomtien what documents are needed for retirement extension specifically for proof of address. One of the mods who claim to specialize on immigration rules could contact immigration and get a formal ruling.

I did my extention in February and all i was required to provide re my address was a copy of my rental agreement......... has that changed?

Edited by R123

losttoday writes:

"No one on Thai Visa has been asked for a TM30 to obtain a retirement extension at Jomtein when other documents such as lease or power bills have been available."

-So is this correct? Is there anyone here who has been asked at this immigration office at Jomtien for such a document?

As also mentioned in another post, easy for someone to ask direct from an immigration officer at Jomtien what documents are needed for retirement extension specifically for proof of address. One of the mods who claim to specialize on immigration rules could contact immigration and get a formal ruling.

I did my extention in February and all i was required to provide re my address was a copy of my rental agreement......... has that changed?

Pattaya is Chonburi Immigration and Sri Ratcha is Chonburi Immigration, would it be unreasonable to expect some sort of commonality.

This is a TM30 receipt from Chonburi Immigration dated July 2014. I have 2 in my passport, they didn't take the old one out, just stapled it closed.

post-201813-0-28891500-1443751552_thumb.

• Like 1