TM 30 Required at Pattaya Immigration for ALL visa extensions?

A good friend of mine went to immigration last week to renew the visas of his family and he was told that he could not renew their visas without a TM30 form receipt.

For those who are not aware, TM 30 is the form that requires all hotel owners, guest house owners, house owners or anyone with property to rent in which aliens reside to submit form TM 30 to immigration containing details of everyone who lives there.

My friend said that not only did he have to produce a TM 30, (he rents a house in east Pattaya), but that there was along queue of people from all manner of countries who were all told to provide a form TM 30 with their visa extension applications. Most people had to leave immigration without applying as they didn't have the TM 30

There was a thread about this a few months back concerning a similar problem at Sri Racha but it seemed to be a one-off, or a maverick immigration officer and the thread soon died.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772285-retirement-extension-of-stay-sriracha-immigration-tm30-required/

If this is happening to all visa extension applications in Pattaya, I'm very surprised that nobody has started a thread on this topic. This will cause massive repercussions for many people who are unable to obtain TM 30's for one reason or another.

It doesn't make any sense to me, so can someone who is in the know please tell us if this is really happening….

Thanks

Anyone else out there have any problems with this? I need my non-O renewed soon, I would like to know.

If you want a "non-O" renewed that cannot be achieved at Pattaya or any other Immigration office.

A new "non-O" can only be obtained outside Thailand from a Thai Embassy or Consulate.

• Like 2

What if you own a condo? coffee1.gif

owners or anyone with property to rent in which aliens reside
but if you live in your owned condo?

Then i suppose that YOU as the owner/house master need to submit the TM30 Form which will report YOU as the Alien Tenant ?? .. sounds very Thai don't you think ..

• Like 1

This is the specific law on it below. It is not the responsibility of the tenant (renter) to perform this nor to have the receipt. Obviously if the person is renting out property then they hold the responsibility to submit a TM30 for foreigners on that property. If you own your own condo then I would assume you would be responsible for guests staying with you. Is the OP suggesting that the person renting has to get a copy of the receipt from the owner to submit to immigration?

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

I had to bring the TM30 filled out by the owner for my ED extension renewal last week. This is the receipt that was given to me. I'm not sure about other extensions of stay, but I know for sure that you are required to bring it with the paperwork from your school for the ED extensions of stay.

My apologies for the crappy picture. My cell phone is sorely lacking in the camera department.

post-210278-0-30504900-1443621726_thumb.

I had to bring the TM30 filled out by the owner for my ED extension renewal last week. This is the receipt that was given to me. I'm not sure about other extensions of stay, but I know for sure that you are required to bring it with the paperwork from your school for the ED extensions of stay.

My apologies for the crappy picture. My cell phone is sorely lacking in the camera department.

attachicon.giftm30_edited.jpg

i had to give the exact same receipt (with different names of course) to extend my wife's sister's TR 60 Day Tourist Visa for an additional 30 days

Is the OP suggesting that the person renting has to get a copy of the receipt from the owner to submit to immigration?

To clarify (even though I'm not the OP), yes, I'm the renter and I had to get the form filled out by the owner and then bring the form with me in order to submit the paperwork for my extension of stay. You're also required to bring the owner or someone that can verify where you live with you to the immigration office on the day you submit your paperwork. I brought a friend of mine and she had to answer questions regarding my address, phone number, how long she had known me, where we met, etc.

​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law.

I just did my annual extension based on work at Chiang Mai a little over a week ago and there was no such requirement. Perhaps a reaction to the bombing and attempts to tighten keeping track of foreigners.

my 2 experiences were on Oct21st & 29th .. before that (for the last 5 years) never required ..

I just did my annual extension based on work at Chiang Mai a little over a week ago and there was no such requirement. Perhaps a reaction to the bombing and attempts to tighten keeping track of foreigners.

my 2 experiences were on Oct21st & 29th .. before that (for the last 5 years) never required ..

The TM 30 crack down has been going on for over a year in the Kap Choeng Immigration area, Surin and Buriram Provinces. Along with reporting of your present to the local BIB's whih is a separate issue. Soon to be coming to an immigration office near you.wink.png

Edited by khwaibah

. Is the OP suggesting that the person renting has to get a copy of the receipt from the owner to submit to immigration?

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting. My friend tells me that there was a very long line of people who were there to extend their visas and each of them was given a form TM 30 and told to go away and get it filled in.

But its not just a matter of filling in a form and pretending you are the owner. You have to prove you are the owner or possibly the authorised 'manager' by producing a duly constituted lease, and also copies of the owner's ID and copy of the chanod.

I can see this becoming a total nightmare for some people where the owner is not available/ out of the country/ don't know who he is or refuses to co-operate. Thais hate all this kind of thing and don't like to hand over copies of their ID and especially a copy of a chanod.

It seems incredible that suddenly out of the blue, and in contravention of the law, they are holding farangs' visa extensions to ransom in order to obtain a TM 30 which is clearly not their responsibility. And to suddenly enforce this new requirement without any grace period to enable farangs to get their papers in order is really quite appalling.

I would like to hear of other people's experiences on this latest hurdle to be jumped at Jomtien immigration in order to continue living in this wonderful country...

• Like 1

but if you live in your owned condo?

Then i suppose that YOU as the owner/house master need to submit the TM30 Form which will report YOU as the Alien Tenant ?? .. sounds very Thai don't you think ..

Condo management submits the form. A few years ago the manager at my condo made a big thing out of getting all the info to send into immigrations, with the dire warning that our extension applications would be refused by immigrations if condo management didn't report . Presumably that hasn't changed and if you haven't moved it wouldn't need to be submitted again ... but then who knows.

The O/P and others are talking about renewing or extending visas, which of course is impossible, so I wouldn't put much credence in the report.

Anyone else out there have any problems with this? I need my non-O renewed soon, I would like to know.

Edited by Suradit69

It seems incredible that suddenly out of the blue, and in contravention of the law, they are holding farangs' visa extensions to ransom in order to obtain a TM 30 which is clearly not their responsibility. And to suddenly enforce this new requirement without any grace period to enable farangs to get their papers in order is really quite appalling.

I would like to hear of other people's experiences on this latest hurdle to be jumped at Jomtien immigration in order to continue living in this wonderful country...

See above for my experience. But, honestly, one thing I've learned in my whopping 10 months in this country is to just go with it. This is the third change in procedure at this office since I got here. You can't change it, so you either adapt or you have a rough time of it.

I just make sure that I go at least a week prior to my extension expiration so that if worse comes to worst and I'm missing something, I still have time to fix it without overstaying.

• Like 1

Condo management submits the form. A few years ago manager at my condo made a big thing out of getting all the info to send into immigrations. Presumably that hasn't changed and if you haven't moved it wouldn't need to be submitted again ... but then who knows.

The O/P and others are talking about renewing or extending visas, which of course is impossible, so I wouldn't put much credence in the report.

Nope. I'm talking about getting a 90 day extension of stay at the immigration office for the purposes of education. Not extending or renewing a visa.

A good friend use Phang nga Immigration. About two years back he moved over to that area from Kap Choeng he was fully briefed on what to do for relocating. He had all supporting documents including the TM 30 filled out by his land lord. Phang nga was gob smacked on his presentation. The Tm 30 recipe was staple into his passport and he was told as long as that was his address never to take it out. Shortly there after the shyt hit the fan on border crackdowns and a change of government. The ARMY controls that area. He has been out socializing at night when the army not the BIB has made house calls, he has been the only one to have his passport and that TM 30 form on him. All others were taking down the local cross bar hotel.

Condo management submits the form. A few years ago manager at my condo made a big thing out of getting all the info to send into immigrations. Presumably that hasn't changed and if you haven't moved it wouldn't need to be submitted again ... but then who knows.

Nope. I'm talking about getting a 90 day extension of stay at the immigration office for the purposes of education. Not extending or renewing a visa.

I provided the quotes from the people I was referencing and I was responding to Jingthing who, like me, owns his condo and is here on a retirement extension. Nothing was in reference to you.

Is the OP suggesting that the person renting has to get a copy of the receipt from the owner to submit to immigration?

To clarify (even though I'm not the OP), yes, I'm the renter and I had to get the form filled out by the owner and then bring the form with me in order to submit the paperwork for my extension of stay. You're also required to bring the owner or someone that can verify where you live with you to the immigration office on the day you submit your paperwork. I brought a friend of mine and she had to answer questions regarding my address, phone number, how long she had known me, where we met, etc.

​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law.

"​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law."

Nonsense.They're probably the most reasonable immigration office around. I've never experience a problem or surprise there in years of dealing with them.

I've never had a problem with them either. But, at least in regards to the ED extensions of stay, they have changed the procedure several times:

• It started with 1900 baht to get an automatic 90 days.
  • Then it went to 5000 baht "VIP Service" to get an automatic 90 days OR 1900 baht to get a 15 day "consideration stamp" before getting the remaining 75 days.
  • Now, the 5000 baht VIP Service has been canceled and everyone gets the 15 day consideration stamp before getting the remaining 75 days.

All of this has happened in the span of the three extensions of stay I have applied for since the beginning of the year. It wasn't a problem for me because my school made sure I was prepared with everything that I'd need, but the office hasn't exactly followed the immigration act over the course of the past year.

"​For what it's worth, the Jomtien immigration office staff seems to be somewhat notorious for doing things their own way. It doesn't shock me AT ALL that this isn't the normal procedure according to the actual immigration law."

Nonsense.They're probably the most reasonable immigration office around. I've never experience a problem or surprise there in years of dealing with them.

I've never had a problem with them either. But, at least in regards to the ED extensions of stay, they have changed the procedure several times:

• Then it went to 5000 baht "VIP Service" to get an automatic 90 days OR 1900 baht to get a 15 day "consideration stamp" before getting the remaining 75 days.
  • Now, the 5000 baht VIP Service has been canceled and everyone gets the 15 day consideration stamp before getting the remaining 75 days.

All of this has happened in the span of the three extensions of stay I have applied for since the beginning of the year. It wasn't a problem for me because my school made sure I was prepared with everything that I'd need, but the office hasn't exactly followed the immigration act over the course of the past year.

The "under consideration" period is entirely legal and is used in other categories of extension.

In the case of "Ed " extensions, as I suspect you know, the under consideration period allows the immigration officer(s) to check if an individual is actually attending school/classes.

I was told last October that I would need to get my landlord to fill out a TM30 before my extension in November ( in Phuket) so it's got nothing to do with the bombings.

Without this, no extensions will be granted here.( By extensions I mean long stay) The paper is stapled into your passport.

Maybe the order has not reached Chiang Mai yet.

I was told last October that I would need to get my landlord to fill out a TM30 before my extension in November ( in Phuket) so it's got nothing to do with the bombings.

Without this, no extensions will be granted here.( By extensions I mean long stay) The paper is stapled into your passport.

Maybe the order has not reached Chiang Mai yet.

I think it may have only hit Jomtien a week or so ago .. in my 5 years here i have never been asked for a TM30 but its not a problem .. just filled in the form and showed them a copy of my lease .. they declared me the "House-Master" and that was that ..

no fee only 20 or so baht to photo copy my lease .. very straight forward .. however different from before ..

it will be interesting to see when i renew/extend/obtain my next retirement visa (No 5 so far) in December if my TM30 Receipt is accepted or if i will have to fill out a new TM30 and spend another 20 or so baht for photocopying the lease ..

The "under consideration" period is entirely legal and is used in other categories of extension.

In the case of "Ed " extensions, as I suspect you know, the under consideration period allows the immigration officer(s) to check if an individual is actually attending school/classes.

I totally agree. The consideration stamp is completely within the boundaries of the immigration act and that's exactly what they use it for with the ED extensions of stay.

That 5000 baht VIP Service (with a 1900 baht receipt) is the part that I'm talking about when I say they weren't following the act. It was well documented a few months ago and I think (but don't quote me on this) that Bangkok was doing it as well.

Now, they seem to have gone back to following the letter of the act in response to the recent crack downs.

I totally agree. The consideration stamp is completely within the boundaries of the immigration act and that's exactly what they use it for with the ED extensions of stay.

That 5000 baht VIP Service (with a 1900 baht receipt) is the part that I'm talking about when I say they weren't following the act. It was well documented a few months ago and I think (but don't quote me on this) that Bangkok was doing it as well.

Now, they seem to have gone back to following the letter of the act in response to the recent crack downs.

If I remember correctly that 5000 was actually paid to the school but whatever, I am pleased that distasteful issue has been dealt with.