Wanted Reflective Foil

Lizard2010

BigC has these rolls, they say it's aluminum. Makro may have even bigger ones. You are looking to protect someone from aliens? Tin is expensive nowadays....

Not Aliens

Just to keep the sun out of his room

Because it faces west and gets hot

BigC has these rolls, they say it's aluminum. Makro may have even bigger ones. You are looking to protect someone from aliens? Tin is expensive nowadays....

Not Aliens

He could go to a curtain shop and buy reflective liners. I use them on the curtains/drapes on my south facing balcony doors. They totally block sunlight and reflect the heat. Whenever I've had new curtains/drapes made I've asked for them and even the smallest shop had them available.

OP doesn't say where he wants to use the reflective foil. To block sunlight from a window, reflect heat from under the roofing material?

It would be nice to know what he's really looking for, then advice can be given correctly.

OP doesn't say where he wants to use the reflective foil. To block sunlight from a window, reflect heat from under the roofing material?

It would be nice to know what he's really looking for, then advice can be given correctly.

Sorry

I should have been more specific with my request

Sorry

OK! What particular use might you be wanting? ;-)

There's an inexpensive backing material that you can buy for curtains from most curtain shops that controls/reflects heat and light. Alternatively, Home Pro and similar shops sell rolls of reflective foil, designed for use in roof spaces as a radiant barrier. A better option still might be wooden slatted roller blinds which will prevent heat transfer, attractive and not expensive, also available from Home Pro.

EDIT to add that his best solution is solar film applied to the inside of the window, highly effective and inexpensive, available at any car window tint shop.

Edited by chiang mai

Sorry

He wants to cover his windows to keep the heat from coming in to his room

As his room faces the afternoon sun

Is this specific enought

I heard that if you cover your head with that foil, you would be able to protect your privacy from Internet hackers and identity thieves. Let me know if you find some. I might need some myself especially if this Single Gateway thing is going to really happen.

Sorry

He wants to cover his windows to keep the heat from coming in to his room

As his room faces the afternoon sun

Is this specific enought

Thank you so much for your response.. I mus have missed that part of the thread so there is no need to be snarky in your response OK?

Not Aliens

He could go to a curtain shop and buy reflective liners. I use them on the curtains/drapes on my south facing balcony doors. They totally block sunlight and reflect the heat. Whenever I've had new curtains/drapes made I've asked for them and even the smallest shop had them available.

-

Edited by scorecard