Collapsed and emaciated Australian found at Central Pattaya Condominium

webfact

Collapsed and emaciated Australian found at Central Pattaya Condominium

australia-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya rescue services were called to a 7th floor apartment at a Condominium in Central Pattaya on Wednesday Morning to assist an Australian who is thought to have collapsed and been unable to move for up to 4 days.

Initially a foreign neighbor of Mr. Brian Goodger aged 63, alerted the Manager of the CenterPoint Condominium in Soi 3 off the Central Pattaya Road, that he noticed a foul odor coming from Mr. Goodger’s apartment.

Entry was gained and Mr. Goodger was found collapsed, emaciated and in a semi-conscious state on his balcony. He had sustained a serious skin condition on his face, thought to have been caused by him remaining on the floor for up to 4 days.

It is known that he had returned to his apartment 4 days before, after spending a period of time in Hospital where he was recuperating from a motorbike accident. He returned to his apartment but was not seen until he was discovered on Wednesday.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218290/collapsed-and-emaciated-australian-found-at-central-pattaya-condominium/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-01

It is known that he had returned to his apartment 4 days before, after spending a period of time in Hospital where he was recuperating from a motorbike accident. He returned to his apartment but was not seen until he was discovered on Wednesday.

Something seems to have been missed at the hospital at a guess.

Hope he recovers.

I assume this guy was single and maybe has few friends. In a case like his, accident recovery, he should have arranged for a daily in-home medical visit by a private nurse. It's just lucky he was found in time.

Perhaps through this sad story will find him some new friends among Thai Visa expats

As I have mentioned before, we could and should,look out for each other in this our adopted country

As sad as it is that he is all alone and unwell in Thailand, there is every possibility that he would be even more alone in Australia.

We are rapidly becoming uncaring in every sense of the word.

We used to have mateship but now you cannot be mates with anyone lest they unload all of their personal garbage on you every time you see them. People no longer want to talk with you, they just want to talk at you.

Its scary to see many old farngs come to retire or stay in Thailand without proper "safety nets"e finances, friend networks, health insurance,etc. Its better that they stay backhome in their countries that can provide more. The immigartion really needs to reconsider terms to allow retirement visas here. Over at my place at Lumpini Onnut 46, owners are not allowed to rent to old farangs, blacks, middle east muslims, etc for the sake of safety and to prevent problems , which is a good move. Dangerous if any of these old farangs have a problem inside their unit and no one knows.

Its scary to see many old farngs come to retire or stay in Thailand without proper "safety nets"e finances, friend networks, health insurance,etc. Its better that they stay backhome in their countries that can provide more. The immigartion really needs to reconsider terms to allow retirement visas here. Over at my place at Lumpini Onnut 46, owners are not allowed to rent to old farangs, blacks, middle east muslims, etc for the sake of safety and to prevent problems , which is a good move. Dangerous if any of these old farangs have a problem inside their unit and no one knows.

Save those remarks in your computer and see how you feel about them when you reach retirement

So at what age do you think we should be banned from retiring in Thailand? And how do you think what you have written might apply to Brian? He probably owns 20 million bahts worth of condos alone, plus,plus,plus the rest so what you have written is absolute garbage, oh and young guys have motorbike accidents too

Although i have not had contact with him for a few years, i have known Brian for about 15 years and what a great guy he is and I really hope he pulls through this

Too many people don't seem to want to make friends in Pattaya.They don't smile,and look right through you when passing by.

Out of Pattaya in a rural area I talk to nearly every farang I see.Ok a few dont want to know especially if they can't speak much english but I have built up a decent circle of friends who we visit or visit us. I have made friends from Norway,Germany,Usa,Uk.Denmark.and Australia.

What is it about Pattaya that makes people wary of being friendly?I know there are some dodgy people about,but they are a small minority.

That sounds like a well managed condo and would be a nice place to live...another reason to love Thailand...no equal housing acts. ☺

Too many people don't seem to want to make friends in Pattaya.They don't smile,and look right through you when passing by.

Out of Pattaya in a rural area I talk to nearly every farang I see.Ok a few dont want to know especially if they can't speak much english but I have built up a decent circle of friends who we visit or visit us. I have made friends from Norway,Germany,Usa,Uk.Denmark.and Australia.

What is it about Pattaya that makes people wary of being friendly?I know there are some dodgy people about,but they are a small minority.

I'll tell you why. Actually, a good percentage of the foreigners in Pattaya are petty criminals or financial scammers in their homelands, Thailand,or both. Some are major criminals on the lamb. I'd estimate at least half are alcoholics and or drug users. A good percentage are sex-addicts...so that's all they are interested in doing or talking about. A good percentage have financial problems so if you get to know them, they'll always be hitting you up for a "loan." Even the main expat clubs in town are headed by some pretty dodgy characters so this gives you a feeling for the type of foreigners who call Pattaya home.

I'm not judging these people or Pattaya, as there are decent people working and retired here but it takes time to find them and you really do have to be careful who you befriend.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

In Australia, we educated civilized people choose freely not to use such language.

We never use public transport.

Hey, James get over here quickly & put the umbrella over me. No sun - spoils my complexion.

No coffee - best Twinings tea thank you. China crockery & small finger correctly placed. Scones - only the best - cream, jam etc.

Now, Grace please - Bless Almighty God.

I'll tell you why. Actually, a good percentage of the foreigners in Pattaya are petty criminals or financial scammers in their homelands, Thailand,or both. Some are major criminals on the lamb. I'd estimate at least half are alcoholics and or drug users. A good percentage are sex-addicts...so that's all they are interested in doing or talking about. A good percentage have financial problems so if you get to know them, they'll always be hitting you up for a "loan." Even the main expat clubs in town are headed by some pretty dodgy characters so this gives you a feeling for the type of foreigners who call Pattaya home.

I'm not judging these people or Pattaya, as there are decent people working and retired here but it takes time to find them and you really do have to be careful who you befriend.

A good reason for us "normal" boring old gits to live in the sticks.

you forgot mentally ill as well. hard sometimes to spot the psychopaths until it is too late.

i met one person in Thailand wanted for murderer in Switzerland and another con man who is wanted in the UK for defrauding seniors of 2.5 mil pounds. I listened to one man in a loud voice at a beer bar near walking street tell his girlfriend he stole 500,000 pounds in the UK and did time in prison just so he could keep the money to come to Pattaya. The guy went on and on about his mafia life in the UK.

Pattaya and Thailand is still a magnet for the scum of the earth.

of course sitting in any dive bar anywhere on the planet you are going to get the worst people.

if you are a straight arrow and well meaning person you have to be careful around other farangs here.

Edited by NCC1701A