Thailand inflation falls for ninth straight month in September

webfact

Thailand Inflation Falls for Ninth Straight Month in September
By Dow Jones Business News
By Nopparat Chaichalearmmongkol

BANGKOK--Thailand's consumer prices continued to fall in September because of lower global oil prices, but at a slightly slower pace than the previous month.

The Commerce Ministry reported Thursday that the country's headline inflation fell in September, the ninth straight month of contraction, by 1.07% from last year and 0.05% from August.

A poll of economists by The Wall Street Journal predicted Thailand's September headline consumer-price index would fall 1.07% year-over-year and 0.03% month-over-month.

From January to September, headline CPI dropped 0.9% from a year ago, the ministry said.

Full story: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/thailand-inflation-falls-for-ninth-straight-month-in-september-20151001-00025

-- Nasdaq 2015-10-01

Well i can only say that NOTHING has become cheaper in BKK. Fuel prices have dropped though but supermarkets like Tops or Villa Market are very expensive these days.

Why not stop with all the import-tax? Or let Aldi come to Thailand. Everybody would profit from that.

Who are they kidding?

I haven't seen any price falls. In fact most prices seem to be increasing all the time.

Get out of your ivory tower and rub elbows with the working folk. Do they grow Peyote here?

I'm sure you have raised an interesting question, but please can you put it in the Queen's English so everyone can understand what you mean, e.g. what is Peyote ?

Who are they kidding?

I haven't seen any price falls. In fact most prices seem to be increasing all the time.

Get out of your ivory tower and rub elbows with the working folk. Do they grow Peyote here?

I'm sure you have raised an interesting question, but please can you put it in the Queen's English so everyone can understand what you mean, e.g. what is Peyote ?

It's a cactus and if you eat them you'll see the weirdest things of your life. Even Thailand can't beat that. biggrin.png

Who are they kidding?

It always looks that way because you rarely notice the lower price. Also, the prices falling may be for things you don't consume. Do you buy a lot of gasoline or diesel? Do you really remember how much you were paying a year ago? Really? I remember seeing some headlines when the price first started dropping, but then the prices continued to drop and it wasn't in the headlines any more.

Edited by Acharn

I came here almost nine years ago to the day. The 2006 coup had come and gone, and life was settling down.

I could go out with 5000 baht in my pocket, have a nice meal, get laid, and drink 'til the sun came up. I've told this story many times. Try doing that TODAY!

Things getting cheaper my @$$!

Who are they kidding?

It's a cactus and if you eat them you'll see the weirdest things of your life. Even Thailand can't beat that. biggrin.png

Maybe petrol prices have fallen, but I don't drive a car. Cooking gas has gone up.

BTS prices have gone up. Motorcycle taxis went up 6 months ago (50%). Most food prices in the supermarkets have gone up. Every time I go to McDonalds (once every 2 months) the price goes up.

Apart from petrol I don't know anything that has fallen in price and many people agree with me.

And no, I don't eat Peyote and with my salary I am the working folk!

Who are they kidding?

Heheee peyote buttons are what the American Indians used to become (closer) to nature and the spirits. It is a hallucinogen.

Who are they kidding?

I'm pretty sure the word is in the Oxford English Dictionary. Peyote is a cactus that grows in the Sonoran desert (Mexico, southwest U.S.). It is dried and then chewed. It is a hallucinogenic drug, with effects similar to LSD. Do you know what LSD is? If so then I'm surprised you don't know what peyote is. Were you born after 1990? It used to be very commonly described and discussed, but I guess young kids only know about ice and meth and ketamine adn PCP. Here I thought all of us were in Thailand for the sex and drugs and rock and roll.

Said it last month, will say it again: negative inflation is called deflation.....

I don't know all of the figures, but I think you will find that (I am going to make up numbers) if inflation was 5% last year, and down 1.07% from that this year, it is still inflation of 3.93%. This is not deflation. It would have been nice if they had provided all of the numbers needed for comparison.

I came here almost nine years ago to the day. The 2006 coup had come and gone, and life was settling down.

I could go out with 5000 baht in my pocket, have a nice meal, get laid, and drink 'til the sun came up. I've told this story many times. Try doing that TODAY!

Things getting cheaper my @$$!

Yep! The standard cost of living index in most countries includes the price of fine dining, whoring, and boozing.