Help with name of a hotel - Khorat

GuestHouse

I wonder if anyone can help me with the name of a hotel in Khorat, I've stayed at this place a few times years back and will be in Khorat again later this year (first time in 10 or more years).

The hotel of which I can't remember the name is located at one end of the night bazaar. It's an 1960/70s privately run place, I'm guessing at one time the best place in town.

From memory the route from the night bazaar was to cross the T-Junction that marked the end of the bazaar, turn left and the hotel was on the left hand side. Quite a large grounds in front of the reception and the hotel was end-on to the road.

Can anyone help, is it still there, still a privately run place and what is the name of the hotel?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks Meatboy, that's the place I was looking for.

And yes SpokaneAI, I'm sure it was the nicest place in town back then. It's a while since I have been but from memory its one of the private family run hotels that have hung on to doing things the way they always did.

There's a few such placed dotted around Thailand, I know of one place that hasn't even changed the uniforms.

Thanks again.

Go to the Dusit, its the best hotel in town.

Thanks for the tip, but I travel a lot with my job and often stay in some of the world's finest hotels. - For me, the finest hotels are a work thing, not a holiday thing.

I'm not looking for the best hotel in Town, I'm looking for and, with meat boy's help, have found a particular hotel with a particular history.

Go to the Dusit, its the best hotel in town.

Thanks for the tip, but I travel a lot with my job and often stay in some of the world's finest hotels. - For me, the finest hotels are a work thing, not a holiday thing.

I'm not looking for the best hotel in Town, I'm looking for and, with meat boy's help, have found a particular hotel with a particular history.

Sure understand. Its not a 5-star dont worry. Its he best in korat. Friendly and cheap

• 3 months later...

the only hotel near the bazaar is CHOMSURANG HOTEL.

Some feedback on this.

We turned up at the Chomsurang Hotel, thankfully without out a booking, and asked to see the rooms before making a reservation.

What had been a very clean and well maintained hotel with bags of character had turned into a decaying heap, another example of the Thai business model that runs a business into the ground by extracting as much income while returning non into maintenance and renovation.

I should have taken 2fishin2's suggestion first time around.

But there we go, there was a reason I wanted to visit this hotel, my stay was cut short to 10 minutes, box ticked, moved on.

Some feedback on this.

We turned up at the Chomsurang Hotel, thankfully without out a booking, and asked to see the rooms before making a reservation.

What had been a very clean and well maintained hotel with bags of character had turned into a decaying heap, another example of the Thai business model that runs a business into the ground by extracting as much income while returning non into maintenance and renovation.

But there we go, there was a reason I wanted to visit this hotel, my stay was cut short to 10 minutes, box ticked, moved on.

Wow, that was the nicest, most expensive hotel in town back in the early 1970s.

Some feedback on this.

Wow, that was the nicest, most expensive hotel in town back in the early 1970s.

Its 2016 now, best you get in your Delorean, set it to 1970.....then do 88mph....

If you like real hard beds, try the Korat Hotel. Down the street near Klang Plaza I. Cheap 450 THB!

My twin brother stayed there for 6 weeks, 3 years ago, his room had just been updated, but the rest of the hotel looked a bit old and worn out. I havent been in there for 3 years, is it up to date now? Still looks the same from the outside.

Archived