Panthongtae Shinawatra ready to hand over the 7-million baht cash reward

webfact

Let's wait for a conviction first...

but why should cops be paid a reward for just doing their job? Should I have paid the police to have them actually do some leg work to find the theives who broke into my house this year? I'll need to keep that in mind. Remember we gotta pay for them to play...it seems.

All you Farangs still thinking about your safe safe home countries.... Well, surprise surprise, this is NOT your home country, these are not your local friendly cops.. and YES, we do have to pay them "money" to try and solve any crime.

Do any of you moaning guys have any idea what a Thai policeman has for his salary... basic salary is around 8000bahts per month. So come on..... think about it.. wai2.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but why should cops be paid a reward for just doing their job? Should I have paid the police to have them actually do some leg work to find the theives who broke into my house this year? I'll need to keep that in mind. Remember we gotta pay for them to play...it seems.

All you Farangs still thinking about your safe safe home countries.... Well, surprise surprise, this is NOT your home country, these are not your local friendly cops.. and YES, we do have to pay them "money" to try and solve any crime.

Do any of you moaning guys have any idea what a Thai policeman has for his salary... basic salary is around 8000bahts per month. So come on..... think about it.. wai2.gif

Maybe the government should pay them more and then there would be less corruption?

In theory Thaksin is still the prime minister, he was voted in office and never voted out of office.

Amazing how the Shinawatra’s financial resources seem to be a bottomless pit.

Which part of the word "resignation" don't you understand?

Un-fkn-believable that police get rewards. For doing their job, and before court convictions. What a Joke.

Not quite.

They get rewards for appearing to do their jobs.

All the money should go to the victims.

As it is, it'll got to hi-so cops and your average cop wont see a bean.

Thai -English dictionary definition......

reward (noun)...........a very open and public bribe paid to police officers for doing the job they are employed to do. Does NOT depend on any conviction

of any guilty person in a court prior to the bribe being paid.

As corrupt as his daddy.bah.gif I love his white skin though. giggle.gif

What's up with elderly foreign males and their love of the flesh of young Thai males? The ick factor is high on this.

He should be handing over the money ton the victim's families. Shame on Thailand with its cash rewards for cops.

You go first and give your money. The government has already made relatively generous payments. The injured and deceased were victims of a terrible crime. They are no different than the people murdered on any given day in Thailand. When a foreigner is run down by a drunk, how much do you think the government pays? When a Thai kid is raped and then hacked to pieces, what do you think is paid out.? Here's a hint, it is significantly less than what was paid out here. In the western countries which have victims compensation funds, payments , when put into the context of cost of living and local environment, are not much better than what was paid here.

Un-fkn-believable that police get rewards. For doing their job, and before court convictions. What a Joke.

Had the reward not been paid, would you not have been calling the refusal to pay typical of the family, cheap, dishonest etc.?

I do understand your point, and I agree with you that the police should not be rewarded. Unfortunately, their salaries are low and there is no incentive to work hard or go the extra distance etc. Rewards are necessary so long as the salaries are inadequate.

Don't you just love how Thai PBS keep referring to Thaksin as "former prime minister"? Whilst true, so are other titles that could have been mentioned.

Just shows you why Thailand is so mixed up in interpreting ethics and conduct.

So, Pol Gen Chakthip would not be available and the plan (to hand over the loot) was called off. Temporarily or permanently?

Good opportunity for the PM to step in and try to gain some authority over the RTP (especially as he espouses a pure society, free of corruption) .

After all, who's really running the country, power-hungry soldiers or rotten tomatoes?

In theory Thaksin is still the prime minister, he was voted in office and never voted out of office.

Did you just arrive here? Thaksin Shinawatra resigned as Prime Minister on April 4th 2006.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=atKOkbTLyoeo

The first two reward payments were a disgrace and brought ridicule to the BIB and the country.

Will a govt that has so much animosity towards the Shin clan have what it takes to forbid the BIB to accept a reward posted by a fugitive from Thai justice or will, as is often the case here, money be the overriding factor and trump all other considerations ?

To answer your two questions, No & Yes

Don't you just love how Thai PBS keep referring to Thaksin as "former prime minister"? Whilst true, so are other titles that could have been mentioned.

So, Pol Gen Chakthip would not be available and the plan (to hand over the loot) was called off. Temporarily or permanently?

Good opportunity for the PM to step in and try to gain some authority over the RTP (especially as he espouses a pure society, free of corruption) .

After all, who's really running the country, power-hungry soldiers or rotten tomatoes?

That is not correct. He formally resigned the position of PM in 2006 by formally tendering his resignation to the King. This was accepted but a few weeks later he took back the PM office but he was NEVER ratified before the King and was, therefore, not legally the PM.

I do agree however that Thaksin's financial resources do seem to be a bottomles pit.

I suspect that there has been a shortfall of income over the last year or so but then again he has saved on the salary he used to pay the members of the PTP.

Two million to the little people, who helped crack the case, and five to the disgraced fugitive former PM's former-colleagues' senior people. Nothing for the victims, Thai or foreign.

Yay for the Redistribution of Wealth ! wink.png

The victims get little money I believe it was 300,000 from government agency and the police get 5 million This is not just this is far more than corruption This is disgusting Morally reprehensible

You mean you weren't asked at the outset? And then have wait to see the thieves' counter offer and be asked to top it? I'm shocked ..

As corrupt as his daddy.bah.gif I love his white skin though. giggle.gif

Spoken as a true ex copper. Give the reward to the BIB only adds to past insults. He remains true blue no sorry brown to the outfit that kicked him out of the corp. Some things just never die or register on people. Once a cop always a cop. You could also look at this cash donation as a way to stay in the BIB good graces.

Edited by elgordo38

8000 bahts a month plus bonuses. No wonder professional people are lining up to be on the force. May the force be with you.

Edited by elgordo38

You are either too lazy to research anything, believe the pro Shin drivel that's posted here or simply ignorant of history.

Thaksin dissolved parliament and then resigned as caretaker PM. A replacement was appointed and approved by the highest authority in the land.

Thaksin told Forbes that the Shin family fortune increased by 450% during the PTP regimes time in government. That's only the "declared" wealth. So yep, their fortune is indeed a very deep pit.

This little "reward" is no more than a pre-payment to the BiB to let them know the Boss hasn't forgotten them and there's more in the pot for them when he's back.

Edited by Baerboxer

Amazing how the Shinawatras financial resources seem to be a bottomless pit.

Think you better check your facts on the in's and out's of Thaksin and his place / role as PM.

Amazing how the Shinawatras financial resources seem to be a bottomless pit.

You are either too lazy to research anything, believe the pro Shin drivel that's posted here or simply ignorant of history.

Thaksin dissolved parliament and then resigned as caretaker PM. A replacement was appointed and approved by the highest authority in the land.

Thaksin told Forbes that the Shin family fortune increased by 450% during the PTP regimes time in government. That's only the "declared" wealth. So yep, their fortune is indeed a very deep pit.

This little "reward" is no more than a pre-payment to the BiB to let them know the Boss hasn't forgotten them and there's more in the pot for them when he's back.

" ....ignorant of history." or very thick.

This is so wrong. Encouraging police to close cases with money incentives will only lead to the wrong people being convicted; closing the case becomes more important than solving the crime?

The "gift" from the fugitive is exactly that- close it quick smart, don't look to closely.

The first two reward payments were a disgrace and brought ridicule to the BIB and the country.

Will a govt that has so much animosity towards the Shin clan have what it takes to forbid the BIB to accept a reward posted by a fugitive from Thai justice or will, as is often the case here, money be the overriding factor and trump all other considerations ?

I wonder how this kid earned that sort of loot?????

He was on the run from the Authorities like a genuine coward, he definitely didn't hang around to be voted out. In theory, he should be sitting in jail.

Rewards shared out, so time to look for more suspects. Owner of CP offers reward, another arrest. The Red Bull family offer big money, find another suspect quick. This gravy train for the senior RTP officers could last for months. Bounty hunters rather than police officers.

What about power-hungry rotten tomato soldiers....