Thai Tourism Min set to lure back tourists

webfact

Min of Tourism set to lure back tourists

tou1.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 October 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has voiced its readiness to lure tourists back to the country with loads of tourism plans.

According to Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, the number of foreign tourists has rebounded in line with the high season. Most hotels are enjoying a rise in bookings as the situation in Bangkok has returned to normal.

The number of foreign visitors from January until now has been recorded at 21.9 million, generating one trillion baht in revenue. Chinese, Malaysian and Japanese vacationers are the major groups of foreign visitors.

Due to these positive signs, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is preparing to launch new campaigns to create new groups of vacationers especially female travelers.

New projects are being designed and built at 150 major gas stations across the country to encourage tourist spending which could bring 700 billion baht to locals.

A marathon event will be held to promote tourism in world heritage sites in Sukhothai, Ayutthaya and Khao Yai National Park.

As for the special tennis match tomorrow at Indoor Stadium Hua Mak, world-class players Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will be later taken on a special tour to visit a One Tambon One Product fair at The EmQuartier shopping mall, to help publicize local handicrafts, farm produce and other community goods.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-02 footer_n.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Madam Kobkarn I trust you are using good quality bait to lure these tourists.

"........a One Tambon One Product fair at The EmQuartier shopping mall, to help publicize local handicrafts, farm produce and other community goods."

How quaint, the upper class shoppers will get to see what the peasants do when they are not planting or protesting.

Happiness all round.

When promoting the National Parks, don't forget to mention the 10x price increase the tourists will have to pay, over Thais. Just tell them it's a complimentary lesson in Thainess and truly shows Thailand is Amazing.

The major market for any increase in tourism numbers is undoubtedly Communist China and single ladies rarely travel alone. A fact lost on the Minister.

Errr......I don't get it.

They're ready to "Lure them back", yet they claim that the numbers of tourists are at all time highs?

clap2.gif Exactly and if she pulled this crap at a press conference almost anywhere other than here the media would be all over her.

Earlier this week the government said 52 million tourists passed through Swampy airport over the past 12 months.

The figures they throw around are meaningless.

They see tourists as nothing more than a cash cow. Its the only part of the Thai economy that works.....taking money from foreigners.

"New projects are being designed and built at 150 major gas stations across the country to encourage tourist spending which could bring 700 billion baht to locals."

Errr... how are you luring them back by advertising in country? Wouldn't they already have to be here to see them?

And what do these gas station signs say? "You aren't spending enough baht! Bring happiness to the people by buying more stuff you don't need!"?

"Due to these positive signs, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is preparing to launch new campaigns to create new groups of vacationers especially female travelers."

bus loads of Chinese Toms going to Cowboy?

Better revoke the dildo laws.

"New projects are being designed and built at 150 major gas stations across the country to encourage tourist spending which could bring 700 billion baht to locals."

"Honey, lets go on vacation. I want to really relax in a five star gas station in Thailand. What do you say?"

Edited by NCC1701A

"Due to these positive signs, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is preparing to launch new campaigns to create new groups of vacationers especially female travelers."

I just spit coffee all over my computer. Thanks for that. cheesy.gif

"Honey, lets go on vacation. I want to really relax in a five star gas station in Thailand. What do you say?"

post-9891-0-03740700-1443759259_thumb.jpclap2.gifcheesy.gif

As their target market is mostly Chinese, allow me to say this.

I once had the honor (necessity) of visiting the restroom at a Chinese gas/petrol station about 2 hours outside Beijing.

I have been to 45 countries, and that bog was the ABSOLUTELY MOST DISGUSTING place I have ever been, so actually, Thai gas station bogs ARE 5 star comparatively.

---------

EDIT: clap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif@ NCC1701A You've got me in tears dude. Thanks! HAHAHAHA!!!

Edited by jaywalker

"Lady Journeys" ... ehhmm the TAT disaster campaign from May 2015 but now in 150 Gas Stations ... crazy.gif Are they gonna give out free tampons or guarantee grobbing by drunk thai men ... ?

Its easy to "read" that somebody pushed the Panic button cause their High Season is going down the drain like the country it self ...

If they exit at Nana and walk up, they'll find more choice than they can shake a stick at...

And if they go up Soi 3 they'll find more choice than they can stick a sheikh at.facepalm.gif

"Lure"

Sheesh.

New projects are being designed and built at 150 major gas stations across the country

Amazing Thailand, come see our gas stations; hopefully they'll replace the squatters.

I see they still haven't used my suggestion of "Fishing Boat Spas", where one can lose weight, get a nice tan, learn to swim/dive, enjoy the ocean air, learn Burmese and get in shape.

Edited by bamnutsak

They can start with shutting down the scams at the tourist cities, ie..jet ski scams at Phuket and Pattaya, karaoke scam in Chang Mai and taxi scam everywhere, police tea money scam everywhere. This would start to repair the damaged reputation. Only then will the tourists return.

Yep, keep filling up those crappy 2-star hotels built during the boom of the 80's/90's, owned by the politicians and nouveau riche. They don't spend one baht to upgrade the hotels and the service so it makes sense to fill them with people that don't care about the hotel experience.

lure1
l(j)ʊə/
verb
  1. 1.
    tempt (a person or animal) to do something or to go somewhere, especially by offering some form of reward.
    "the child was lured into a car but managed to escape"
  1. something that tempts or is used to tempt a person or animal to do something.
    "the film industry always has been a glamorous lure for young girls"
  2. 2.
    a type of bait used in fishing or hunting.
Edited by Oziex1