Retirement Extension.

I would assume it's because maybe applications from this office have to be approved in Bangkok. Isn't that stamp what all the marriage extensions get because they have to be approved in Bangkok? Allow the applicant to stay in country during the interregnum.

That would be a very recent change. Kap Choeng signed off mt retirement extension in June.

I thought the marriage extension from KCI were approved at Korat.

Member Kwaibah will be able to confirm.

I would assume it's because maybe applications from this office have to be approved in Bangkok. Isn't that stamp what all the marriage extensions get because they have to be approved in Bangkok? Allow the applicant to stay in country during the interregnum.

Application for a marriage extension at Kap Choeng Immigration or any of the other Division 4 immigration office are approved in Nakhon Ratchasima aka Korat not Bangkok.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

Application for a marriage extension at Kap Choeng Immigration or any of the other Division 4 immigration office are approved in Nakhon Ratchasima aka Korat not Bangkok.

So the mystery deepens.

So the mystery deepens.

There is no mystery. Its been this way since KCI reopened in 2012.

Kap Choeng say that home visits will stop once you reach the age of 70. A bonus?cheesy.gif

One IO said it would be every other year...................

He may be right but I was told that after reaching 70 years old they stop.

From the forum: it also happens at Udon Thani.

There have been reports from other sources of this happing at Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Amnat Charoen, Rayong, All Division 4 offices, 11 answers to Korat.

Not true. Never happened for Retirement extension in Rayong.

There have been reports from other sources of this happing at Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Amnat Charoen, Rayong, All Division 4 offices, 11 answers to Korat.

We have an expats club of around 160 members reporting to Amnat, but not one report of extensions based on retirement being put under consideration. Extensions based on marriage, yes.

• Like 1

I have only seen reports of it happening for extensions based upon retirement at Udon and Kap Choeng. I suspect the info you got for other offices came from a rumor mill.

• Like 1

I have only seen reports of it happening for extensions based upon retirement at Udon and Kap Choeng. I suspect the info you got for other offices came from a rumor mill.

No rumor mill. Rayong should be Ranong. They have all been mentioned on TV forms and other sources not to the level of KCI but other immigration offices are doing it.

Edited by khwaibah

Khon Kaen: four times, never under consideration and from the small circle of expats also not heard of.

The female boss (Captain) countersigns in minutes and there you go.

She is there since my first visit in 2011.

• Like 1

Khon Kaen: four times, never under consideration and from the small circle of expats also not heard of.

This may have been what I saw.

Women caught in fake marriage registration scam

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Women-caught-in-fake-marriage-registration-scam-30245742.html

whistling.gif Some "minor" immigration offices must go through a review process for applications as they are in effect subsidiary offices of another immigration district office.

Don't worry about the 30 day "review" process.... if you get the 30 day wait stamp, you are practically guaranteed to get your extension.

It is just that the "boss" back in the corporate headquarters must approve the field offices' travel expense accounts for routine travel requests.

This may have been what I saw.

Women caught in fake marriage registration scam

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Women-caught-in-fake-marriage-registration-scam-30245742.html

Excuse me but you are worring people half to death about a 30 day review for a retirement extension and you are getting your information from the Nation? And it "may" - "may" be what you saw?

Every time an immigration topic is posted like today you are in CM forum posting the same stuff about the 30 day review for retirement extensions. You are there, everywhere trying to scare the old guys.

And you are not even sure where you saw wrong information that is not involved in a retirement extension?

You posted that Rayong and Khon Kaen and all division 4 offices had 30 day under consideration stamps and that is totally false and the best excuse you can offer is a typo and a story about marriage extensions?

I hope Thai Visa has some credibility but you should have a notice next to your name that you are not a reliable poster. Sorry but this is an important topic for many people and you should be sure before you post false information. You might effect people's lives by your falsehoods.

whistling.gif Some "minor" immigration offices must go through a review process for applications as they are in effect subsidiary offices of another immigration district office.

Don't worry about the 30 day "review" process.... if you get the 30 day wait stamp, you are practically guaranteed to get your extension.

It is just that the "boss" back in the corporate headquarters must approve the field offices' travel expense accounts for routine travel requests.

Okay if Kap Choeng is a subsidiary of Korats Imm Office and the application first have to go to be checked then why isn't Korat office doing 30 day under consideration stamp?

It's not the 30 day wait I'm bothered about. It's the unnessesary 250+km round trip to get it one month after I'd been to the office.

Also Kap Choeng are not accepting 800,000 Baht banked money if it's in a fixed term account. I assume the same for a 'Marriage' extension. They want to see movement in the money and want to see your ordinary account bank book.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

Sinbin, think you will find money in fixed account is not accepted anywhere. Also don't imagine it's about movement. It's about having ready access to an amount of money they deem you can support yourself while on 12 extension of stay

I have had the B800k in a time deposit for many years. Never a query.

However, I do have liquid $$$ in other accounts. But, I/O are unaware of this.

Subsequently, it must be a Province interpretation?

• Like 1

Sinbin, think you will find money in fixed account is not accepted anywhere. Also don't imagine it's about movement. It's about having ready access to an amount of money they deem you can support yourself while on 12 extension of stay

Talking some of the guys that do this KCI will accept the fix amount account but will want to see what you live on. That could be as simple as an ATM slip on another local account or an account in your home country.

• Like 1

It is acceptable Jacksam as I've been doing it for nearly 10 years. And 'movement' is what it's all about as that what I was told by the officer. What I and my family live on is none of their business. I meet their requirements by having 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank. rulez.gif It doesn't mention I have to spend any of that 800,000.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 2