Retirement Extension.

My banker at Bangkok Bank told me fixed accounts were fine for immigration. But what would he know?biggrin.png He only writes 20 letters a day.

Admittedly they are fine, but now KCI want to see an ordinary account book with movement of money, as well as 800,000+ in a fixed term account. If that is how you do things.

I guess the biggest hurt for immigration officers is to sit there day after day reading bankbooks of farangs that are earning 10 times a month than them and are retired? It must get right up their noses? bananaman.gifbananaman.gifbananaman.gif

• Like 1

My banker at Bangkok Bank told me fixed accounts were fine for immigration. But what would he know?biggrin.png He only writes 20 letters a day.

Admittedly they are fine, but now KCI want to see an ordinary account book with movement of money, as well as 800,000+ in a fixed term account. If that is how you do things.

I guess the biggest hurt for immigration officers is to sit there day after day reading bankbooks of farangs that are earning 10 times a month than them and are retired? It must get right up their noses? bananaman.gifbananaman.gifbananaman.gif

I think it is only one or two offices out of 50. Not really a problem except in the pages of the INTERNET. My experience in 50 visits to Thai Immigration all over the country is they hardly notice my presence.

Edited by lostoday

I reckon that if no money is withdrawn they assume that you have another source of income to live on...potentially as a result of illegally working....this is just my opinion, so please if you don't agree....don't flame me...just trying to help / clarify

I agree with you but what work are we supposed to able to do? Other than TEFLering there is nothing else? confused.gif

I reckon that if no money is withdrawn they assume that you have another source of income to live on...potentially as a result of illegally working....this is just my opinion, so please if you don't agree....don't flame me...just trying to help / clarify

I agree with you but what work are we supposed to able to do? Other than TEFLering there is nothing else? confused.gif

Ah Yes, Sinbin....but your statement is based on the use of logic & common sense.....which are often (but not always) endangered species here in the Kingdom.

BTW I was agreeing / supporting you views

• Like 1