Retirement Extension.

Talking some of the guys that do this KCI will accept the fix amount account but will want to see what you live on. That could be as simple as an ATM slip on another local account or an account in your home country.

No, they now want to see a Thai account with movement in a bank book.

Edited by sinbin
  • Like 1

Talking some of the guys that do this KCI will accept the fix amount account but will want to see what you live on. That could be as simple as an ATM slip on another local account or an account in your home country.

No, they now want to see an account with movement in a bank book.

Any given day and the IO one or the other. But they will not take a fixed account on its on. As for an embassy letter they also will not accept it by itself, they want to see what you are living on.

they will not take a fixed account on its on.

Rubbish. They will and have done so for many a year. Nothing in the rules saying you can't have it permanently in a fixed account

they will not take a fixed account on its on.

Rubbish. They will and have done so for many a year. Nothing in the rules saying you can't have it permanently in a fixed account

You can tell them.facepalm.gif For years? The new KCI has only been open from June 2012laugh.png

Edited by khwaibah

The old one was open 10 years ago.laugh.png And when that closed I used 4 Korat offices over the years before ending up back at Kap Choeng albeit a different position. Never a problem til now.

Edited by sinbin

The old one was open 10 years ago.laugh.png And when that closed I used 4 Korat offices over the years before ending up back at Kap Choeng albeit a different position. Never a problem til now.

Talking to some "old timer" they tell me that back in 2004 when KCI was located on your left before you enter town they required a TM 30 then,so some of these so called cavity search is nothing new for this location.laugh.png

Sinbin, think you will find money in fixed account is not accepted anywhere. Also don't imagine it's about movement. It's about having ready access to an amount of money they deem you can support yourself while on 12 extension of stay

It is acceptable Jacksam as I've been doing it for nearly 10 years. And 'movement' is what it's all about as that what I was told by the officer. What I and my family live on is none of their business. I meet their requirements by having 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank. rulez.gif It doesn't mention I have to spend any of that 800,000.

Fine. Don't move to bkk. Term deposit aka fixed bank account will not be accepted. Not sure what you mean by movement. If it's account activity ...no just need to see the money in account for required period. If movement is meaning where funds came from then that's only for first time non o visa. In Thailand need to show it came from farang world. If non imm o obtained outside then no requirement

Not sure what you mean by movement. If it's account activity ...no just need to see the money in account for required period.

Account activity is a bank book that shows transactions of money movement over the last 12 months, in and out.That is not in the rules laid down.When I went to KCI office last year my money, total 800,000, was in 2 separate accounts. Not against the rules. The officer reared up and accused me and my wife of playing games with him and threw my bank books on to the desk of the officer next to him. He then got up and walked out. The other officer processed my extension, No problem with her.

Talking to some "old timer" they tell me that back in 2004 when KCI was located on your left before you enter town they required a TM 30 then,so some of these so called cavity search is nothing new for this location.laugh.png

khwaibah, you seem to be in the know. Why is the KCI office being so difficult to get on with? facepalm.gif

went through this for a small mount of time at Phitsanulok, it turned out no superior Imm Off in the building to sign off the retirement extensions. It's back to normal now, all done on the day.

I know a lot of elder ex-pats here who use the Embassy (UK) proof of income letter, often they are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money in Thailand..

Plus they can ask anything they like, I live in an area famous for its roadside grilled chicken stalls, once asked "where's our chicken?".

went through this for a small mount of time at Phitsanulok, it turned out no superior Imm Off in the building to sign off the retirement extensions. It's back to normal now, all done on the day.

I know a lot of elder ex-pats here who use the Embassy (UK) proof of income letter, often they are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money in Thailand..

Plus they can ask anything they like, I live in an area famous for its roadside grilled chicken stalls, once asked "where's our chicken?".

I know a lot of elder expats (embassy letter) and I don't know any who are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money. As that would be impossible because no one in Thailand gives receipts.

From the forum: it also happens at Udon Thani.

There have been reports from other sources of this happing at Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Amnat Charoen, Rayong, All Division 4 offices, 11 answers to Korat.

Not true. Never happened for Retirement extension in Rayong.

It did happen to me back in February this year at Rayong, the first time in 4 consecutive years of getting retirement extensions. I understand the reason was that at the time the officer authorised to sign off the applications was away. They phoned me after a couple of weeks to go back, and very quickly endorsed my passport (for a year from expiry of the previous extension), as well as doing the 90-day report which was not due for several weeks.

So, no big deal.

It did happen to me back in February this year at Rayong, the first time in 4 consecutive years of getting retirement extensions. I understand the reason was that at the time the officer authorised to sign off the applications was away. They phoned me after a couple of weeks to go back, and very quickly endorsed my passport (for a year from expiry of the previous extension), as well as doing the 90-day report which was not due for several weeks.

So, no big deal.

What did they stamp on your passport?

So, no big deal.

What did they stamp on your passport?

I can't remember exactly, and I can't be bothered to get my passport out of the safe, but the '30-day' endorsement had some wording on the lines of 'retirement application under consideration'. The subsequent stamp renewing till Feb next year is exactly the same as previous extensions.

khwaibah, you seem to be in the know. Why is the KCI office being so difficult to get on with? facepalm.gif

Would you like to be posted to Kap Choeng Immigration office when you could be working at a more lucrative posting such as Pattaya? They have to vent their anger on someone. rolleyes.gif But the big question has to be. How did they end up getting posted to a one horse town?

whistling.gif Some "minor" immigration offices must go through a review process for applications as they are in effect subsidiary offices of another immigration district office.

Don't worry about the 30 day "review" process.... if you get the 30 day wait stamp, you are practically guaranteed to get your extension.

It is just that the "boss" back in the corporate headquarters must approve the field offices' travel expense accounts for routine travel

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by tlcwaterfall

whistling.gif Some "minor" immigration offices must go through a review process for applications as they are in effect subsidiary offices of another immigration district office.

Don't worry about the 30 day "review" process.... if you get the 30 day wait stamp, you are practically guaranteed to get your extension.

It is just that the "boss" back in the corporate headquarters must approve the field offices' travel expense accounts for routine travel requests.

Well this is the first under consideration stamp I have received at Kap Choeng for an extension.

Even though the extension was approved by Korat I was grilled by the boss there for 20 minutes.

He really had no idea about the current requirements for an extension.

It is just that the "boss" back in the corporate headquarters must approve the field offices' travel expense accounts for routine travel requests.

Well this is the first under consideration stamp I have received at Kap Choeng for an extension.

Even though the extension was approved by Korat I was grilled by the boss there for 20 minutes.

Marriage or retirement extension? If it was a retirement extension what did he ask you?

I know a lot of elder expats (embassy letter) and I don't know any who are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money. As that would be impossible because no one in Thailand gives receipts.

so you don't have ATM machines that churn out receipts when you draw out money on a UK credit or debit card. Or UK bank and credit card paper statements showing Thai transactions. IE shopping in Lotus.

Strange!. That's what the Imm O's wanted to see, some frigging evidence of spending money in Thailand. Jeez.

Marriage or retirement extension? If it was a retirement extension what did he ask you?

Retirement extension.

Was asking me where did my money come from? What investments do I have? Do I work in Thailand? Asked about the balance of my Thai bank account.

One of his staff had to explain the rules to him. I had supplied a letter from my embassy stating my income which is over 65k baht per month. A fishing expedition or ignorance. Not sure which but probably both.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

You don't have to show you actually spend the money. Just some king of proof you are bringing it into the country.

A Thai bank book showing transfers into the country is the best proof.

You don't have to show you actually spend the money. Just some king of proof you are bringing it into the country.

That's what I thought. I wonder why the above poster wrote, "often they are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money in Thailand." Do you think he was making it up?

That's what I thought. I wonder why the above poster wrote, "often they are asked to provide evidence of actually spending money in Thailand." Do you think he was making it up?

I think he just used the wrong words.

You have to bring the money into the country so you can spend it.

I think he just used the wrong words.

You have to bring the money into the country so you can spend it.

No you don't. That's the reason why immigration want to see bank books. They think your working illegally here.

I have over 6 million in fixed saving in Thailand. Can they really be so stupid as to think I earned that secretly working as an English teacher or in the cassava fields?rolleyes.gifcheesyrdn2.gifcheesyrdn2.gifcheesyrdn2.gif

• Like 1

Sinbin, think you will find money in fixed account is not accepted anywhere. Also don't imagine it's about movement. It's about having ready access to an amount of money they deem you can support yourself while on 12 extension of stay

Since when has this changed.

Not sure what you mean by movement. If it's account activity ...no just need to see the money in account for required period.

Account activity is a bank book that shows transactions of money movement over the last 12 months, in and out.That is not in the rules laid down.When I went to KCI office last year my money, total 800,000, was in 2 separate accounts. Not against the rules. The officer reared up and accused me and my wife of playing games with him and threw my bank books on to the desk of the officer next to him. He then got up and walked out. The other officer processed my extension, No problem with her.

55,KCI told me last year i only needed 800k in fixed deposit,not 1.2 m.Showed activity in ordinary account but where not interested.Have heard they have toughened up,beer talk.Time will tell.

Since when has this changed.

My banker at Bangkok Bank told me fixed accounts were fine for immigration. But what would he know?biggrin.png He only writes 20 letters a day.

From the forum: it also happens at Udon Thani.

There have been reports from other sources of this happing at Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Nong Khai, Amnat Charoen, Rayong, All Division 4 offices, 11 answers to Korat.

So, no big deal.

The big deal for some is that they have to make an unnecessary trip,300 klm for on bloke i met.

So, no big deal.

The big deal for some is that they have to make an unnecessary trip,300 klm for on bloke i met.

300 miles for Rayong?