Two suspects arrested in South Pattaya Murder case

Lite Beer

Two suspects arrested in South Pattaya Murder case

dead-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: - On Friday afternoon, witnesses watched as two men repeatedly struck another man over the head with wooden sticks until he was dead. This led to their arrest and subsequent denial of their involvement in the case.

The body of Khun Pongsak aged 46 was left in a wooded area next to Pattaya Third Road, close to the Bali Hai Port area, by two men who were seen by many witnesses attacking him.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218346/two-suspects-arrested-in-south-pattaya-murder-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-02

You have to wonder what was going through the minds of the 'many' that just stood watching two men beat another to death.

I hate to say it but it is quite normal behaviour for Thai males to attack others with lumps of wood and those watching probably thought the same. Usually it will end up with a very severe beating and not death as was the case here.

Most foreigners in western countries would also just stand and watch. scared to get beaten up their selves.

You got it so wrong! Most foreigners in western countries would step in and stop the violence. We understand fairness and compassion. We know when something is not right, and that is why don't understand Thainess, and we don't want to!

Most foreigners in western countries would also just stand and watch. scared to get beaten up their selves.

Ah another unfounded unthinking generalization. As a bit of a counter to this foolishness, consider the man that tried to stop shooter in my state of Oregon. Was shot seven times attempting to end massacre. Luckily good citizen survived. I have stepped in also in Oregon, when I saw man abusing woman on the street. I was not a foreigner however. It was my home country, just like Thais who didn't step in are natives here.

You have to wonder what was going through the minds of the 'many' that just stood watching two men beat another to death.

Probably something like, "Am I far enough away that my head start will let me get away from them when they've finished with him?" Are you really trying to tell us that if you saw two guys brutally beating another guy with "sticks" you'd run up to them and tell them to stop it? You're a lot braver than I am. There are few people who would risk maiming or death to help someone they don't know. That's why we call them heroes.

Edited by Acharn

Probably something like, "Am I far enough away that my head start will let me get away from them when they've finished with him?" Are you really trying to tell us that if you saw two guys brutally beating another guy with "sticks" you'd run up to them and tell them to stop it? You're a lot braver than I am.

The article states there were 'many' onlookers not just one.

Probably something like, "Am I far enough away that my head start will let me get away from them when they've finished with him?" Are you really trying to tell us that if you saw two guys brutally beating another guy with "sticks" you'd run up to them and tell them to stop it? You're a lot braver than I am.

So? If you're among strangers, how do you coordinate your action with them?

So? If you're among strangers, how do you coordinate your action with them?

How about talking amongst themselves? How about a common feeling that murder is wrong and as a group stopping it?

Ah another unfounded unthinking generalization. As a bit of a counter to this foolishness, consider the man that tried to stop shooter in my state of Oregon. Was shot seven times attempting to end massacre. Luckily good citizen survived. I have stepped in also in Oregon, when I saw man abusing woman on the street. I was not a foreigner however. It was my home country, just like Thais who didn't step in are natives here.

..............and the Americans on the train in France.

In the story where the recently jilted Thai bloke stabbed his ex- to death in a Bangkok mall, it was reported that he was wrestled to the ground, disarmed and restrained by many locals until the cops arrived.

In the story where the recently jilted Thai bloke stabbed his ex- to death in a Bangkok mall, it was reported that he was wrestled to the ground, disarmed and restrained by many locals until the cops arrived.

That was after he had already stabbed her multiple times to death.

You got it so wrong! Most foreigners in western countries would step in and stop the violence. We understand fairness and compassion. We know when something is not right, and that is why don't understand Thainess, and we don't want to!

Would love to see jumping in at knife point, easy talking behind your laptop ain't it?

..............and the Americans on the train in France.

Bla bla, in most cases a few dozen would already be killed, it's that their were some brave marines but this is quite exceptional, and as we're talking about extreme examples, how many did that Norway guy killed again on that island?

It happens often in different parts of LOs all the time.

It happens everywhere all the time, just open any random newspaper of people getting beaten to coma or death when going out at night while whole crowds of party goers are just watching.

Probably something like, "Am I far enough away that my head start will let me get away from them when they've finished with him?" Are you really trying to tell us that if you saw two guys brutally beating another guy with "sticks" you'd run up to them and tell them to stop it? You're a lot braver than I am. There are few people who would risk maiming or death to help someone they don't know. That's why we call them heroes.

Lot of internet heros here for sure lol.

For sure if you are a lone onlooker then it could be very dangerous to intervene but reading the OP it states that there were many witnesses. The crowd obviously outnumbered the two attackers so I for one don't understand why they stood idly by and watched somebody being beaten to death.

For sure if you are a lone onlooker then it could be very dangerous to intervene but reading the OP it states that there were many witnesses. The crowd obviously outnumbered the two attackers so I for one don't understand why they stood idly by and watched somebody being beaten to death.

I guess it completely depends on what's the crowd made up of, odd thing is that if it was a foreigner who got beat up the whole crowd would help beat him up, numerous examples of that.

Just saying that it's not something exclusive for Thailand as some people like to put it, we had regular beat ups in a city not far from my home town, where people were beaten into coma in a very crowded shopping street. The offenders always got away with it. It made headlines multiple times in the news so thats how I know as I still follow the newspapers.

My brother lives in that town and he's a kickboxer, so are his friends so if he were there with his pals it likely wouldn't have happened but if the crowd is all made up of middle aged couples, old people and a bunch of kids (eg typical shopping public) vs a bunch of whacky drug inspired aggressors I don't think much would happen to stop them, besides calling the police.

You know what the government advises on tv and in radio spots in Holland when you see such thing happening? Don't take action, call the police and watch from a safe distance, and people gladly take that advice, even if it's already way too late by then. Welcome to 2015!

I guess it completely depends on what's the crowd made up of, odd thing is that if it was a foreigner who got beat up the whole crowd would help beat him up, numerous examples of that.

Just saying that it's not something exclusive for Thailand as some people like to put it, we had regular beat ups in a city not far from my home town, where people were beaten into coma in a very crowded shopping street. The offenders always got away with it. It made headlines multiple times in the news so thats how I know as I still follow the newspapers.

My brother lives in that town and he's a kickboxer, so are his friends so if he were there with his pals it likely wouldn't have happened but if the crowd is all made up of middle aged couples, old people and a bunch of kids (eg typical shopping public) vs a bunch of whacky drug inspired aggressors I don't think much would happen to stop them, besides calling the police.

You know what the government advises on tv and in radio spots in Holland when you see such thing happening? Don't take action, call the police and watch from a safe distance, and people gladly take that advice, even if it's already way too late by then. Welcome to 2015!

Yes, I used to work for the police in the UK and the advice is the same there.

That was after he had already stabbed her multiple times to death.

Well bugger me Sherlock, it only takes the first stab to hit a vital organ or artery to inflict the ultimately fatal wounding. But don't let the fact that an unpredictable knife attack is pretty hard to prevent detract you from your belief that Thai's like to stand around and watch murders taking place.

PS. Admit it, you watched the mall cctv video.