Reading FC Anthem

naboo

I watched the first 1:40 or so, the only thing I found objectionable was pronouncing "Reading" as "redding." Just one more case of hubris. If they had asked ANY native speaker, the speaker would have pointed that out to them.

Hubris.

Yes, truly awful, I only managed to make it as far as 1:24

You missed the rap then. Watch it again, you can't not hear the rap.

I can't believe I went back and listened to that again (although I did skip the first 1:24).

I watched the first 1:40 or so, the only thing I found objectionable was pronouncing "Reading" as "redding." Just one more case of hubris. If they had asked ANY native speaker, the speaker would have pointed that out to them.

Hubris.

American by any chance?...methinks the hubris is in the eye of the beholder. It IS pronounced redding. Mind you I am a native speaker so what would I know.

Hubris.

Probably should be changed to "Ledding" now, in homage to the "Loyals" owners.

Edited by laobali

I'd love to hear Roy Keane's comments if he ever saw the vid. Basically this is what happens when wealthy foreign investors take over football clubs as personal vanity projects. It's so disconnected from the real fans it's laughable, however the Thai owners wouldn't even understand that. Come on you Royals !

I'd love to hear Roy Keane's comments if he ever saw the vid. Basically this is what happens when wealthy foreign investors take over football clubs as personal vanity projects. It's so disconnected from the real fans it's laughable, however the Thai owners wouldn't even understand that. Come on you Royals !

Hubris.

American by any chance?...methinks the hubris is in the eye of the beholder. It IS pronounced redding. Mind you I am a native speaker so what would I know.

Ah, thanks for that carter1882. Reading is pronounced redding unless it refers to reading a book . Hmm , maybe a yank.

Why such a scathing headline?

Scathing? I think a scathing headline would have been justified, but Reading FC Anthem is hardly scathing.

This is the link to the story I received in my email inbox.

What's scathing about that? It is dreadful, it is written by the Thai owner.

Are we supposed to pretend it's good and exactly the sort of song you'd sing at the football? Have you ever been to a football ground?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

• 2 weeks later...

Actually we have adopted Sweet Caroline as our song.

I have listened to the Thai written song many times and I have really tried to like it, then it get's inside my head and I am seriously shafted

Same as Northern Ireland. Have they copied you or have you copied them? Hope Oliver Norwood likes Neil Diamond.