Your favorite Android music player?

mitebbots

I just use a android player that plays the songs straight from Gdrive or dropbox (so I dont have to have my collection on my phone) and with the bluetooth send it straight to my headset, great for training.

But I am looking for a player like that that will allow me to make playlists on my windows machine and use it on the phone. (still find working behind a computer and managing my collection central the best option)

Ideally i like to have my music on the cloud so i can stream it (as long as I am home or somewhere with good a good internet connection), the player i found now does that but has no support for windows.

But I am looking for a player like that that will allow me to make playlists on my windows machine and use it on the phone. (still find working behind a computer and managing my collection central the best option)

Yes, I like to be able to create my folders and direct the play to only the folders I choose. Not just puke up every mp3 in the phone and force me to whittle down the choices.

I don't give a crap about playlists, I play an album and then I play another album. I don't have time to play DJ.

I would also appreciate an app that has a clear exit button. This way when you want to shut it off completely it is done in one click. Not just have it paused and waiting to jump back into action. Maybe I don't know Android like I should, but I am annoyed by not being able to close apps instantly.

Yes, I like to be able to create my folders and direct the play to only the folders I choose. Not just puke up every mp3 in the phone and force me to whittle down the choices.

I don't give a crap about playlists, I play an album and then I play another album. I don't have time to play DJ.

I would also appreciate an app that has a clear exit button. This way when you want to shut it off completely it is done in one click. Not just have it paused and waiting to jump back into action. Maybe I don't know Android like I should, but I am annoyed by not being able to close apps instantly.

The app that I have lets you make folders on say dropbox and then you can play the complete folder. So you don't need to store it on your pone (unless you really want too). But for my use (having music during training sessions) its ok. I have wifi everywhere i want to play my music.

The reason i talked about playlist is that it gives a bit more flexibility. If i want to close on my S5 i just hit a button and get all open apps and just close the ones i like to close.

I get what your are saying about closing apps that way, but I wish they could just provide an X in a corner. It seems to me app makers want you on all the time and make it hard to just quit.

actually when i press the button i get all the open apps with an x in the corner to end them. Might be different on your phone.

the player i use is called beat.. not the best one but good for my use.

Here is something I do...and find quite convenient.

I put a search application...called "Everything" on my windows laptop. It can be set up as a server. Once I get that set, I turn on the Http Server. All I need is the IP number of my laptop. You can do this away from home but you would have to port forward on your router page. If you are at home, you just use the 192.168.1.?(whatever your laptop is on)

You just type in you laptop ip into your broswer and bam....you can control the "Everything" program on your laptop. Now you just search for the songs you like...

*aerosmith*.* pulls up all their tunes.

*love*.mp3 pulls all songs up with "love" in the title

you have to read the simple search variables that you have. I can add a folder named "light rock", etc.

Can search for anything you want...music, docs, videos, etc....and open on your android. All quick and free.

Another way is to use "Spashtop" app. Works with windows. You control your laptop remotely, but you can make the sound come out of your android !!! LOL. You connect, pick the option to have sound come out of android...and you just play your playlist on wmp or whatever you are running on your laptop.

simple.

Edited by slipperylobster

I use Neutron on my phone

Kodi on the Android Player

as Neutron does not recognise external disks bah.gif

Both play FLAC without any difficulty, up to 192bps

Edited by astral