British Embassy - Pension Income letter

No financial proof is needed for your wife to get a dependent extension based upon yours.

The income letter has to be new every year. Info for getting it by mail is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

What you would do at the UK embassy is a self certification of your marriage certificate by stating it is true and correct by way of an affidavit or what ever they call them at the UK embassy. You should only need this once and show it every year.

the embassy only accept proof of income in pounds sterling and the confirmation letter will be in pounds sterling coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif they do not need any conversion rate from pound to pound

You miss the point!

The letter attracts a fee in £. The fee is paid in Baht. The exchange rate £ to baht at the Embassy is 57 Baht to £1

"Income" can be in any currency if that income can be proved.

coffee1.gif

Edited by oncearugge

oh i see now i'm missing the point of a completely pointless post as far as i know the fee for the letter

it has been the same for 6 months now has not altered because of the exchange rate

Never mind!

You will "get" the point when a new letter is required.

From consular fees page on embassy webpage Effective Rate: 1 October 2015 Rate: £/THB 57

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thailand-consular-fees/thailand-consular-fees

It appears they have updated the income letter PDF. "The fee for this letter is currently 2,565 Baht plus 100 Baht for return of your documents and letter by express mail service (EMS)"

I cannot believe a simple post to advise UK citizens of an update of the consular fees would get such idiotic responses. (Ubonjoe and Oncearugga excluded ) I won't bother in future.

Edited by pontious
  • Like 1

I cannot believe a simple post to advise UK citizens of an update of the consular fees would get such idiotic responses. (Ubonjoe and Oncearugga excluded ) I won't bother in future.

Let individuals do their own research on current fees when they are in the process of applying for the letter. The exchange rate of 57 baht to £1 will have been set in London, the British Embassy has no control over it, and they probably have a couple of exchange rates for different classes of receipts and payments. We had 2 in the Military, a general accounting rate and a forces fixed rate, depending on the type of transaction. Only occasionally did the 2 match up.

Let individuals do their own research on current fees when they are in the process of applying for the letter. The exchange rate of 57 baht to £1 will have been set in London, the British Embassy has no control over it, and they probably have a couple of exchange rates for different classes of receipts and payments. We had 2 in the Military, a general accounting rate and a forces fixed rate, depending on the type of transaction. Only occasionally did the 2 match up.

I disagree. If individuals did their own research there would be no reason to have Thai Visa. I did not say the Embassy had any control of the exchange rate. I just stated what it was. We still have people asking what documents to send to the Embassy or Hong Kong for Passport renewal. One poster said he had just recieved ( today ) an income letter for Baht 2260 - that is clearly wrong - prior to Oct 1 it was 2475 Baht plus 100 Baht for EMS. Actually I cant rememeber it may have been 2425 -anyway not 2260.

I disagree. If individuals did their own research there would be no reason to have Thai Visa. I did not say the Embassy had any control of the exchange rate. I just stated what it was. We still have people asking what documents to send to the Embassy or Hong Kong for Passport renewal. One poster said he had just recieved ( today ) an income letter for Baht 2260 - that is clearly wrong - prior to Oct 1 it was 2475 Baht plus 100 Baht for EMS. Actually I cant rememeber it may have been 2425 -anyway not 2260.

People applying for the income letter have to download an accompanying form from the website, and can get the current fee at the same time, no need for Thai Visa input. You can see the outpourings a well intended post have brought about. I paid 2475 + EMS fee,in September, as you correctly state above.

People applying for the income letter have to download an accompanying form from the website, and can get the current fee at the same time, no need for Thai Visa input. You can see the outpourings a well intended post have brought about. I paid 2475 + EMS fee,in September, as you correctly state above.

Actually the Embassy enclose a blank application form with the letter.

It is necessary for individuals to check the web site in order to determine the latest fee.

So you agree the poster who 'today recieved his pension letter for Baht 2260' was talking crap. People who want to renew their passport can just look up the website and proceed accordingly. There is no need for Thai Visa imput. The outpourings are from people with their head up there arse. You are assuming everyone on TV has a brain.

Because the poster suggested you can just look at the website and all will be well. As an example I used the passport renewal procedure to show that not everyone reads the latest information. I don't think my post was offensive but up to the reader. Spelling cannot see an error but could be wrong. I will not bother again ,everyone will send the exact money in accordance with the website so pension income letters will never appear on TV again, Really?

As an addition to this topic, I find the mechanics of obtaining a letter from the Consular service archaic. I send my 'proof of income' letter for my Government Pension, every year. I send a 'Postal Order?????'. Once I have sent my proof of income, which we Brits know, is set in stone, then they should have a copy. Postal order, a bank transer, using internet banking with passport number as reference, is far more efficient and cheaper (no one has to deposit the funds,no buggering about going to a PO to get postal order, ergo no labour charges, just access the account on line). Has anyone suggested this improvement to British Embassy? Could be cost saving.

Because the poster suggested you can just look at the website and all will be well. As an example I used the passport renewal procedure to show that not everyone reads the latest information. I don't think my post was offensive but up to the reader. Spelling cannot see an error but could be wrong. I will not bother again ,everyone will send the exact money in accordance with the website so pension income letters will never appear on TV again, Really?

Why would people come to TV for that sort of specific information, eg the cost of an income verification letter, just see the above posts which show clearly what happens. Do what the Embassy ask and all will be well.

I did not refer to the chap who paid 2260 baht.

I see 3 errors in your "offensive" post. Personally, i would not deem it so.

TV is very handy for odd bits of information, the rogue offices etc, but the huge amount of information, coupled with a mix of nationalities and peoples interpretation of rules and how they "read" other posts make it a veritable minefield.

I stick to my original point, if you want to know the cost of a service from a service provider go to that service provider.