American falls from 16th floor Pattaya Beach condominium

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP young man and sincere condolences to your family and friends, The victim’s boyfriend cannot be located at this time and for now Police are unsure the reason for his fall. might try looking at money reason and some link to missing boyfriend. just because you are on daily medication doesn't make you a suicide case, I am on 7 pills a day and not feeling in the least suicidal so would stay clear of the medication link.

I lived in VT6 for two years. It was great until the short term rental agencies filled it up with tourists. I lived on the 2nd floor from the top and couldn't imagine falling over the railing accidentally.

we all know the reasons: financial; == (If I my profession was in psychology this would be a great place to retire and open up a part time office.)--toenail

Yes it should be easy collecting the bill toenail.............................coffee1.gif

If the owner feels that the balcony railings are too low or have gaps through which a child could fall......

I guess that there shouldn't be anything stopping them from bringing them up to an acceptable safety standard....(another rail or safety glass infills)

RIP young fella

Edited by DD13

Does it not seem strange that balcony jumping is a tradition among foreigners in Pattaya. It seems to me. I have lived in 15 countries, most in Asia ith tall apartments never had this many people.... What was the total for 2014 and the total for 2015. Maybe we need to introduce bungee jumping.... instead. I have my suspicions.... lady boy on the run....hmmm good friend eh....

Why would a gay man be interested in a lady boy? The article clearly says boyfriend.

Indeed. He's getting homosexuals mixed up with freaks.

I agree many railings here are dangerously low, but View Talay are infact built extreamly high, and would be imposiible to just fall over, unless of course you were 9 feet tall.

It's true that the VT railings are quite high and so seem fairly safe, but I remember a few years ago that a Russian in another VT building with the same railings apparently slipped in his own vomit and fell over to his death.

The railings in some older buildings dont even come up to the top of my thigh, though I suppose they would be safe enough for most Thais.

i always thought Thais were nearly all dwarves,

i' m led to believe that the xmas panto at the Coliseum is 'Snow white and the seven dwarf ladyboys'

Apparently Snow white's favourite drink is 7 up

Cheers Wap

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young a

Does it not seem strange that balcony jumping is a tradition among foreigners in Pattaya. It seems to me. I have lived in 15 countries, most in Asia ith tall apartments never had this many people.... What was the total for 2014 and the total for 2015. Maybe we need to introduce bungee jumping.... instead. I have my suspicions.... lady boy on the run....hmmm good friend eh....

Why would a gay man be interested in a lady boy? The article clearly says boyfriend.

So what is a LB ,a boy friend or girl friend ?

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young a

Ask the individual transgender person how they want to be addressed and there is your answer.

In all seriousness there should be some kind of 911 number for those who are so depressed and thinking of taking their own life. This is not a joking matter. It seems suicides happen every two weeks in Pattaya-- we all know the reasons: financial; broken heart; poor health; aging... Most "farangs" come here alone so there is no support system of family or even true friends to get emotional support, whereas back in our home countries we not only have family or friends but professional counselors that can re-direct our moments of depression. (If I my profession was in psychology this would be a great place to retire and open up a part time office.)

I understand your reason, but seriously, after one calls that number, what then? No one is going to give you money to stay, or magically get your health back. So the reason one wants to depart the physical remain.

I'd say that most that voluntarily depart from high buildings do so not because they are depressed, but because they have no other option.

It's not that people can't go back home, it's that back home has nothing to offer, and that leaving Thailand would be worse than death.

If you knew any LBs you'd know that they are a woman in a man's body, so GF with extra bits.

I doubt any other country gives an old guy the opportunity to have an attractive young live in GF/ BF/ LB ( unless excessively rich ) the way Thailand does.

The thought of going back to nothing except loneliness is enough to make some kill themselves if faced with having to leave Thailand alone.

Some things really are worse than death.

another dodgy death in paradise no third party involved and no sign of his thai boyfriend ? apparently he was on medication I wonder what medication he was taking .

You do? Seriously?

Right now, I am wondering what to have for breakfast.

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young age.

Thai balconies do have a railing or a "wall" to prevent people to test gravity.

Unfortunately, most balcony-security walls/railings are 10-15 cm too low.

Being drunk and/or dizzy may do you forget this fact and instead of rely on the safety of the balcony railing, the next thing you are aware of, is that people can't fly after all.

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this. I guess one could be pushed or jump. A shame such a young age.

A good question. And if you want to know the answer, you are welcome to visit the rooms in Viewtalay 1 and 2 condominiums, for example, in Jomtien. The railings are incredibly low, so that falling (or being pushed) over is very easy. There have been numerous accidents (and murders) in the condos around here for that very reason.

In condos built later, the fault was corrected, and it makes a tremendous difference.

Would it be too much to ask for fall proof ( push proof and jump proof also) balconies on all these apartment buildings....at least the new ones could include that very sensible feature.

One of the things I like about my condo is the unobstructed view out to the sea and hills. Without that I would not want to live in it.

I really dont see why floor to ceiling railings (ie prison bars) should be installed in my condo by default and spoil my view simply in order to nanny other people who might live in the unit one day. For the same reason I dont see why I should have a grille between my railings to prevent small children or pets from falling out (which they could very easily do). I dont have any children or pets and never will have, and so I dont need the grille.

Would it be too much to ask for fall proof ( push proof and jump proof also) balconies on all these apartment buildings....at least the new ones could include that very sensible feature.

One of the things I like about my condo is the unobstructed view out to the sea and hills. Without that I would not want to live in it.

I really dont see why floor to ceiling railings (ie prison bars) should be installed in my condo by default and spoil my view simply in order to nanny other people who might live in the unit one day. For the same reason I dont see why I should have a grille between my railings to prevent small children or pets from falling out (which they could very easily do). I dont have any children or pets and never will have, and so I dont need the grille.

It's sad to see LOS going down the nanny state route. Back home, EVERYONE with a home pool has to fence it with a child proof fence because parents don't want to control their children.

IMO people with children should be required to use a child proof fence to keep their children safe, not make people that don't have or want children pay to protect other people's kids.

The do gooders would probably like to fence off the sea, just in case.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

RIP... how do you fall from a balcony? Thought they had railings to prevent this.

Often knee high.

Often rusty or broken.

Often tiled balconies.

Big rainstorms around lately.

There was a newsreport a few years ago of a hotel balcony railing snapping, and the person plunged to their death.

It came out that two previous customers had complained about it to the hotel management....

Welcome to Thai Duty of Care.

Alai wa?

Rest in Peace to this young man, whatever happened.

Edited by Happy Grumpy