Extension as dependent

When the husband is working with WP and a one year extensionof stay. And the wife will apply for a extension of stay as dependent. Does she have to to outside Thailand and get a non O visa first? Or can she get it with a tourist visa?

Edited by bangkoklasse

Copies of her husbands passport photo page and extension of stay stamp and their marriage certificate plus a copy. If the marriage certificate is not English or Thai it will have to be translated to Thai. For the dependent extension the translation would have to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Copies of her husbands passport photo page and extension of stay stamp and their marriage certificate plus a copy. If the marriage certificate is not English or Thai it will have to be translated to Thai. For the dependent extension the translation would have to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs should certify it ? What does that mean? My embassy? Or Thai ministry of foreign affairs?

Is there an age limit for how old the children can be when applaying for a dependent extension if their father/mother works here ?

I believe it to be twenty, the Thai age of majority.

I could, however, be mistaken and if dependency can be shown (living together in the same accommodation) then an extension of stay would be available.