Good cake shop in Chiang Mai?

seancbk

A friend is going to Chiang Mai with her 6 year old son in a couple weeks and it will be his birthday.

She's asked me if there is a cake shop that can make a small spiderman cake for him and deliver it to their hotel on the 19th Oct.

As I've never been to CM, I have no idea.

Could anyone recommend a place that we can contact from Bangkok to arrange this?

Thanks!

Butter is Better phone number 053 820 761 give them a call and explain what it is you want. Owner speaks perfect English and her Husband is American so he would have a good idea of what you want. Not sure if they could do it but they are just a single bakery not a massed production one. I special order my bread and have it sliced and instead of one package use two so I can keep half in the freezer.

'Love At First Bite' is the best place in Chiang Mai for cake, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d942137-Reviews-Love_At_First_Bite_Bakery-Chiang_Mai.html

---

If you like cakes made with margarine instead of butter and taste like it, then I agree.. If not, go to Charcoa House or Butter is Better or La Genoise.

I would just get a good quality cake and put a plastic spidey man on top, maybe with an arch enemy on there too.... Charcoa, haven't been there in years, they had some good Thai food as wel as confectiions and coffee.

Edited by daoyai

Butter is Better phone number 053 820 761 give them a call and explain what it is you want. Owner speaks perfect English and her Husband is American so he would have a good idea of what you want. Not sure if they could do it but they are just a single bakery not a massed production one. I special order my bread and have it sliced and instead of one package use two so I can keep half in the freezer.

Thank you NorthernJohn

'Love At First Bite' is the best place in Chiang Mai for cake, they are head and shoulders above the rest.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d942137-Reviews-Love_At_First_Bite_Bakery-Chiang_Mai.html

---

If you like cakes made with margarine instead of butter and taste like it, then I agree.. If not, go to Charcoa House or Butter is Better or La Genoise.

I don't like cakes with lots of cake dough in them (they have to have some, of course) - so I guess butter doesn't matter that much to me in a cake.

I've been to Butter is Better and tried their cakes, and they were good but not great. The Love At First Bite cakes & pies are great. But this is all a matter of taste, of course.

Gotta luv rhubarb, in any form. Except the leaves of course, which if eaten will cause you great distress.

But too bad for me, i'm off the butter. The animal fats clog my small arteries, esp those to my appendages, like toes and penis. I know my priorities in life.