Criminal Court drops Yingluck's lawsuit against attorney-general

webfact

Yingluck is pretty much out of luck, now what? appeal? time will tell, we haven't heard and seen

the last of this story yet, not by a long shot....

Maybe coming soon.... please approve trip to HK for opening ceremony of big sale event....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

I'm not arguing but I am respectfully confused. I was talking about governance in Thailand. Everybody was talking about governance in Thailand. I won't anymore if you don't want me to. I understand and would not want Thaivisa to be taken down because of what I said, but I am confused about what constitutes off topic responses.

Edited by krdowney

I have gone past the stage of being shocked by just about anything I see or hear in Thailand. It took me a number of years and almost 100,000 km of driving around the country in my Isuzu pickup to get accustomed to the Thai way of life.

But I will be blowed if I can understand why anyone with half a brain and a decent heart would defend anyone associated with the Shins. thumbsup.gif

You are blowed. Many of us that you label "Shin apologists" are no such thing. I certainly am not, nor am I a Junta apologist or a Abhijit apologist or a PDRC apologist. What I am trying to get across is that screwing over Yingluck doesn't help the country, nor does screwing over Abhijit or Suthep, or even the junta (in the event that they lose control of this deathwagon called Thailand barreling downhill). You see, smart political science governance types that I read and listen to (not claiming to be one myself) say that you have to stop the cycle in which one group captures the state and uses it to decimate the opposition, followed by a new group capturing the state and doing it to crush the previous group, and then a new group capturing the state..., and then one of the old groups recapturing the state and decimating everyone, and then.......

Have you ever read a political history of Thailand from 1932 on? You will notice that Thai ruling groups all do it, like the Burmese did it, or the Indonesians did it, like the Nicaraguans did it, like the Venezuelans did it, like the Greeks did it, like the Turks did it, and so forth. This is not a group I for one would like to be associated with. Thailand right now is doing it in spades, and if you bought property here during the good old days (under Prem maybe?) then you may have to consider divesting and going home if this political behavior continues. Siding with the yellows will not save you.

Interesting comment, although a bit confusing in places.

My comment was directed at people who are in fact Shin supporters, not the ones who "are no such thing". (they know who I am referring to)

Like you I am neither a Junta, Abhisit nor PDRC apologist. If I had to be placed in any category it would be the that "just does not like the Shins and the reds", that would do me.

I do not think that screwing over Yingluck is good for the country, but a lot of Thai people will enjoy it, seeing one of the Elite copping it for a change, rather than getting away with murder.

The vicious cycle you referred to has been going on for a long time and will continue long after our generation has gone. I doubt if I will be

"divesting and going home", not just yet anyway.

And I have no intention of siding with the Yellows, in order to be saved.

I'm not arguing but I am respectfully confused. I was talking about governance in Thailand. Everybody was talking about governance in Thailand. I won't anymore if you don't want me to. I understand and would not want Thaivisa to be taken down because of what I said, but I am confused about what constitutes off topic responses.

This particular topic is not about governance in Thailand, it is about the criminal court dropping Yingluck's lawsuit against the attorney-general.

I have gone past the stage of being shocked by just about anything I see or hear in Thailand. It took me a number of years and almost 100,000 km of driving around the country in my Isuzu pickup to get accustomed to the Thai way of life.

But I will be blowed if I can understand why anyone with half a brain and a decent heart would defend anyone associated with the Shins. thumbsup.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif AMEN!!!

This particular topic is not about governance in Thailand, it is about the criminal court dropping Yingluck's lawsuit against the attorney-general.

Got it. Thanks.

Aside from a few jaw droppingly bizarre rulings it seems like the courts in 2015 have started to rule pretty sensibly on a number of matters, this latest one in keeping with the trend. Yingluck is guilty as sin and all these detractions from the business at hand simply point even more clearly at her guilt.

The only wrong thing about this whole mess is that it'll take decades to play out. Criminal in itself really

She didn't personally steal the half a trillion baht and transfer it to her own personal account...

She is still guilty of gross negligence but not all of it

Apparently she didn't attend a single meeting when she was in charge of the rice scheme

It seems disproportionate that she gets 100% of the repayment debt but it would be impossible now to figure out who stole how much etc...

You said it yourself... 'she didn't attend a single meeting while in charge of the rice scheme.'... That more than anything else makes her liable, and how many people do you think Hitler actually killed by himself during WW2.

Do you REALLY think that any western government heads attend all parliamentary meetings. Their job is to appoint others to do so.

Its still negligence on her part, you can't be in charge of a scheme/scam where half a trillion was pilfered and pretend that your 100% innocent because it was your minions who did the stealing....

If I had responsibility for a country's gdp I could allocate some tasks to ministers of course but no one could ignore them stealing 100% of it all and say it wasn't their fault

I don't think she should pay back at of it, but definitely some and if she won't say who exactly did the stealing... Then hold her responsible for the lot.... Seems fair..

Since when are you required to have a passport to enter and leave Thailand? Did you miss the memo about the immigration officers on the Cambodian border?

If Yingluck is found guilty of criminal neglect with respect to corruption in her administration, she faces a 10 year prison sentence. I'm not sure why you think that is a waste of time, unless you support the PTP immunizing its party members from criminal charges when the party returns to power. So much for rule of law.

You don't seem to understand. The coup was and still is an illegal action and that this so called government really has no legal power, so how can they bring imaginary criminal charges and expect them to remain set in concrete

so what ..

The French revolution was an illegal action, too

The French king and nobility at those times

the shins and the ptp/red shirts now

The American, Russian, Irish, Italian etc revolutions - all illegal at the time.

Laughable how some harp on claiming the current government has no legal power, when they are the confirmed legal government of Thailand and ignore that the previous government has in fact handed over all power to a non elected criminal fugitive.

Since when are you required to have a passport to enter and leave Thailand? Did you miss the memo about the immigration officers on the Cambodian border?

If Yingluck is found guilty of criminal neglect with respect to corruption in her administration, she faces a 10 year prison sentence. I'm not sure why you think that is a waste of time, unless you support the PTP immunizing its party members from criminal charges when the party returns to power. So much for rule of law.

You don't seem to understand. The coup was and still is an illegal action and that this so called government really has no legal power, so how can they bring imaginary criminal charges and expect them to remain set in concrete

so what ..

The French revolution was an illegal action, too

The French king and nobility at those times

the shins and the ptp/red shirts now

Well, in the French Revolution it was the populists offing the nobility and in Thailand right now it's the nobility offing the populists. The first is pretty exceptional, which is why it's taught in school. The second is pretty typical, which is why people want change. Now I don't want to argue who's right or wrong, because that is a very tricky issue. But I do want to point out that your historical analogy is completely shoddy...you have basically said that a circle is a square.

No - he points out that all revolutions are illegal.

Using the French as an analogy, the elites would be the nobility, the people the peasants and Thaksin would be Robespierre.