30days extension, proof of address from landlord

You can avoid this easily by submitting the TM.30 in your own name as the House-Master, ie the possessor of the residence in your capacity as the tenant.

With the lease agreement, the owner of the residence handed possession over to you and therefore the owner is no longer the House-Master and thus not obliged to submit the TM.30

You can avoid this easily by submitting the TM.30 in your own name as the House-Master, ie the possessor of the residence in your capacity as the tenant.

With the lease agreement, the owner of the residence handed possession over to you and therefore the owner is no longer the House-Master and thus not obliged to submit the TM.30

Where did this "legal" interpretation of the law come from? Links please, if any.

If what you are saying is true, when you check into a hotel you basically sign a short term agreement and possession of the room is handed over to you and the hotel is no longer responsible for reporting your presence to immigratio, I don't think so!

Where did this "legal" interpretation of the law come from? Links please, if any.

If what you are saying is true, when you check into a hotel you basically sign a short term agreement and possession of the room is handed over to you and the hotel is no longer responsible for reporting your presence to immigratio, I don't think so!

The immigration act has different rules for a home owner verses a business such as a hotel.

Can't open that attachment...trying to get my head round this,so now tenants are being fined for something the vast majority are unaware of?Wow...things are getting crazy.If you are not in regular contact with your landlord or their agent it's not easy to find out what they may or may not have submitted.The first address on the TM 30 form is your landlord's as I read it...how are you supposed to know that unless they tell you...speechless.

Can't open that attachment...trying to get my head round this,so now tenants are being fined for something the vast majority are unaware of?Wow...things are getting crazy.If you are not in regular contact with your landlord or their agent it's not easy to find out what they may or may not have submitted.The first address on the TM 30 form is your landlord's as I read it...how are you supposed to know that unless they tell you...speechless.

The link works!

Do you have a PDF reader ? If not download one they are free.

The link works!

Do you have a PDF reader ? If not download one they are free.

just my slow connection probably,wont download past 92%.Will try later.

Immigration Act, Section 4, definition of House Master. In the original Thai text of the Act, look for the definition of เจ้าบ้าน

Checking into a hotel, I do not become the possessor of the hotel room. I am merely using a service provided by the hotel. The obligation of the hotel management to report the arrival of guests to Immigration is spelt out in another section of the Immigration Act.

I was in exact same boat as the OP. I have lease with condo. Don't think they ever sent in a tm 30.

I had read a thread about someone doing their first extension and we're hit with a fine. I submitted a tm 30 by post with my tgf as possessor. (We are both on lease) could of done it with me as possessor.

Did that about 30 days befor my extension at bkk.

Maybe I didn't need to send it in . However no suggestion of fine.

Edited by jacksam

Immigration Act, Section 4, definition of House Master. In the original Thai text of the Act, look for the definition of เจ้าบ้าน

Checking into a hotel, I do not become the possessor of the hotel room. I am merely using a service provided by the hotel. The obligation of the hotel management to report the arrival of guests to Immigration is spelt out in another section of the Immigration Act.

My local immigration office (Nakhon Pathom) are not allowing that. The house is rented in my wife's name proper Land office lease agreement and signed copy of her ID card was not enough.. In the end it had to be copy of owners ID card, copy of house book AND copy of owners house book (where they are living) plus the forms signed etc.. Pain in the arse!

The immigration act has different rules for a home owner verses a business such as a hotel.

Do you have that in Thai ?

Do you have that in Thai ?

Immigration Act B.E. 2522 Thai text

• Like 1