Anyone had good Swedish Meatballs in Pattaya?

marinediscoking

I think the Norweigan meatballs at Joy Enjoy in Jomtien are pretty good, but what would I know about Scandi meatballs? Yes I know, not Swedish ... hope I am not starting a meatball war up there or something.

Edited by Jingthing

Another not-Swedish-but-nonetheless-Scandinavian meatball option are the Danish meatballs at the breakfast buffet at Hotel Danmark in Jomtien on Soi White House. They're yummy and I've enjoyed countless hundreds of them over the years. The buffet is priced an an ultra-reasonable 170 baht. http://hoteldanmarkjomtienpattaya.com/restaurant.html

Edited by Barefoot

Roger's Bar in Nongbualamphu used to make great ones, far far away from Pattaya though

..Man you should have seen that Swedish Christmas! 300 Baht all you could eat and drink.! Any Swedes on here know that cheesy potato dish with anchovies and in like a béchamel type sauce. Janssen's Delight or something? I dream about that stuff

Another not-Swedish-but-nonetheless-Scandinavian meatball option are the Danish meatballs at the breakfast buffet at Hotel Danmark in Jomtien on Soi White House. They're yummy and I've enjoyed countless hundreds of them over the years. The buffet is priced an an ultra-reasonable 170 baht.

Yes, they are nice though I dont know how authentic they are (nothing to compare with). They dont come with sauce which I always thought was a prerequisite (again, nothing to compare with).

The buffet is 190B since October 1st.

Any Swedes on here know that cheesy potato dish with anchovies and in like a béchamel type sauce. Janssen's Delight or something? I dream about that stuff

Mmmm. Sounds good. Actually called "Jansson's temptation" and I would love to try it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/janssons-temptation-swedish-potato-and-anchovy-casserole-196655

Anything with anchovies in must be off to a good start, as far as I'm concerned.

JanssonsTemptation.jpg

Any Swedes on here know that cheesy potato dish with anchovies and in like a béchamel type sauce. Janssen's Delight or something? I dream about that stuff

Mmmm. Sounds good. Actually called "Jansson's temptation" and I would love to try it.

http://www.food.com/recipe/janssons-temptation-swedish-potato-and-anchovy-casserole-196655

Anything with anchovies in must be off to a good start, as far as I'm concerned.

JanssonsTemptation.jpg

That's the stuff!

JanssonsTemptation.jpg

I'm that way with garlic :-)

There used to be a place across from the Pump Station in soi Post Office. I often went there after filling up.

I thought the Pump Station was all about emptying out rather than filling up? But I digress....

Either way, Hasses cook quit before it went all Antipodean and her recipe was briefly on the menu at the Wild Chicken across the street but now that kitchen is closed too.

Just take the short trip down to The corner of Soi 3 on any given Saturday or Sunday from 12:00 pm onwards....the meatballs are to die for and the mashed potatoes are the bonus......????

The Mexican food is pretty over the top as well....IMHO...?

post-53398-0-86751700-1444278354_thumb.j

Edited by chicowoodduck

For good "swedish" meatballs, you might try Finnish bars as well. I recall Raymond's (2nd road between soi 7 and 8) and Maikan Majatalo (GH on Soi Yume, behind "Carrefour" BigC) having them on the menu.

Edited by koo

the sauce Roger's place used to make was great. I watched it being cooked once.. it used the drippings of the meatballs, flour some added water/stock and then heavy cream tempered in at the end. incredible

Two Lions Pub.

Has very good meatballs but portions are small for the price.

Kulles Krog.

Has food from 4 PM. Big portions of really good "panbiff" for 190 baht. The price includes a drink. Comes with boiled or fried potatoes. Lingon berries etc.

Map of Scandinavian Restaurants and Pubs.

Correction:

Kulles Krog.

Has food from 4 PM. Big portions of really good "panbiff" for 179 baht. The price includes a drink. Comes with boiled or fried potatoes. Lingon berries etc.