Mysterious handbag shuts down BTS Chong Nonsi skywalk

webfact

Mysterious handbag shuts down Chong Nonsi skywalk
By Coconuts Bangkok

handbag.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A mysterious blue handbag placed outside the barrier of the skywalk prompted staff at BTS Chong Nonsi to seal off the area as bomb disposal officers were deployed.

At 6:30pm yesterday, the skywalk from the BTS Chong Nonsi to the BRT bus station was closed for about 40 minutes while the officials scanned the bag.

Thankfully, no explosive device was found.

Police took the bag away for further analysis. They will also check surveillance cameras to find the person who left the bag.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/08/mysterious-handbag-shuts-down-chong-nonsi-skywalk

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-08

Someone clearly want to create a panic environment in Thailand.

Or some one put it down by mistake and walked away and forgot it rolleyes.gif

Yeah right, people put down their bags at the outside of the barrier all the time.

Actually would take some effort to place your bag in that location, but no doubt you will be right.

I had concerns over the sabai sabai attitude when it comes to unattended bags.

I am glad Thais know how to respond.

Like I say, 99% of the time it is nothing, but if it happens to be that 1% people will die.

well done for the BTS station but I agree with Taoni. Why not close also the road. At 6.30 pm there are many many cars with many many people on the road. Anyway, happy to see that they "rushed" to the place and that it was not a bomb. I agree also that it's just IMPOSSIBLE to forget a bag in such a place. Maybe we will never know what happened. Are the surveillance cameras in this area working??? wink.png

Someone clearly want to create a panic environment in Thailand.

Or some one put it down by mistake and walked away and forgot it rolleyes.gif

That's what the late news shows were suggesting last night. It seems really unlikely to me, but this is Thailand. People have reasons for doing what they do but sometimes those reasons are not obvious to me. Strangely, when I first started finding out about Thai reasons they usually made perfect sense to me. Maybe that's why I don't get bent out of shape all the time.coffee1.gif