Found something strange in my condo !

not really understand the rant against short term rent outs.

They are insured with 35 million baht - ordinary rent out, 0 Baht.

I prefer to live knowing there is big insurance just for in case rather than none.

There have been a lot of daily rent out in our building over the last few years but now a single incident - but lot of problems with long term tenants...

There is no "insurance" for short-term rentals per se. In fact there is no "insurance" for any duration or type of rental. Maybe some online booking companies offer something like that, but there is no obligation for bookings to pass through such a company.

The problem with short-term rentals is that the tenants just dont care about the building or their neighbours as they are only there for a few days.

Can I do anything about it???

yes , you could probably start by minding your own business ....

It is his business: he lives in the building. For a co-owner it is even more his business.

so what if he lives in the same building, so do 250 other people .... you don't see them checking out everything that happens.

Are they annoying him or causing any problem to him or his life ? maybe he has to much spare time on his hands.......

Can I do anything about it???

yes , you could probably start by minding your own business ....

It is his business: he lives in the building. For a co-owner it is even more his business.

so what if he lives in the same building, so do 250 other people .... you don't see them checking out everything that happens.

Are they annoying him or causing any problem to him or his life ? maybe he has to much spare time on his hands.......

With so many vacant shoe boxes, I wonder why this city even needs hotels...

Because you not allowed to rent out daily so far i understand the condominum act. As soon you try to rent out daily/weekly base you should be in access of a hotel licence

Because you not allowed to rent out daily so far i understand the condominum act. As soon you try to rent out daily/weekly base you should be in access of a hotel licence

Hotels are indeed designed to offer short-term accommodation and the law reflects this. Condos are not. Condos are designed for use by long-term residents; either owner-occupiers or those with a rental contract which normally would be for at least one month. This is for the peaceful well-being of other co-owners, which is paramount in all condo building regs.

Personally I think that the minimum rental term in any condo building should be 6 months at least, and preferably 12 months. Others can just rent property that is not co-owned (houses, serviced apartments, privately owned apartment blocks etc).

Apparently they are indeed annoying him. Either way, there is no doubt at all that short-term tenants often place an undue strain on building resources and they often tend not to know or obey building rules.

This is entirely detrimental to the peaceful enjoyment of the building by co-owners. Detrimental to the building budget also. So it is of great and legitimate interest to any co-owner.

I wonder more about why legitimate, registered tax-paying hotels don't kick up a huge stink about condo units being used as illegal, unregistered and untaxed hotels.

I would, if I owned a hotel here.

1. word of mouth friends

2. The owner of the unit may be renting out the rooms. Plenty of condos do that. Yensabi and most of the other names you may have heard have rental offices on site, or nearby. Is sub letting and renting out on short term basis allowed? Who knows. You would have a hard time enforcing any rules if there even are any. Risks of buying a condo, you don't know who your very nearby neighbors are, and they may change often.

I wonder more about why legitimate, registered tax-paying hotels don't kick up a huge stink about condo units being used as illegal, unregistered and untaxed hotels.

I would, if I owned a hotel here.

Even better I bet if you really wanted to raise a stink, point out the Erwan shrine bombing case. That hotel/condo where the guys were staying under the radar. You might get a lot of action pursuing that angle