Yellow house registration

Your school has nothing to do with the Yellow Tambien Ban, it's wholly a function of the Amphur. Suggest you ask your wife to go back to the amphur and check, not with you, this time.

BTW, what amphur are you dealing with?

FYI, there's a whole bunch of posts regarding the Yellow Tambien Ban here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/156485-yellow-tabien-bahn/

Note, the requirements may well vary between different amphurs. Mine just happened to be quick and easy, and FREE.

Mac

• Like 1

Here a list of documents what I needed to get one at my local Amphur.

- Original Wedding Certificate and 2-3 copies
- Wifes Tabien Baan and Id card and copies
- Original Passport with 2-3 copies
- 3 witnesses (No Family), I brought Village Chief, Obotor and a Thai Friend
- All witnesses need to bring their Tabien Baan and Id card with 2-3 copies
- 2 (or 3) can't remember 2" Pictures of yourself (important is that they use a white background when taking the picture and also the size (2") is important).
- a Picture which must have Related family and the Witnesses all in one shot.
- The Full name of both Your Father and Mother translated into Thai (this was done by my Niece and it was accepted (no questions asked (Phew that saved me a trip to BKK wink.png)
- Your Full Name in Thai but that is no problem as it's already on your Wedding Certificate and Ledger (KR 2 and KR 3)
- All witnesses and your wife have to fill in a form (2 sides) which states something like that Mr ..... Age .... Nationality...... etc etc is really living at that address etc etc

It took around 2.5 hours the first day and the day when picking up the YTB another 1 hour, so in total 3.5 hours.

Edit: And costs I can't really remember what we paid, but it was not free but it also wasn't expensive, maybe a couple 100 THB.

Edited by MJCM

Every Amphur is different. Ask them first before you waste your time and money running around getting documents, translations, birth certificates, etc. that the pundits here at Thai Visa tell you that you MUST have

Some Amphur's will issue you a Yellow House book with very little paperwork, others will make you jump through hoops that make getting and extension of stay seem like a walk in the park

Save yourself some grief and ask the people who issue it and if it is really a lot of hassle think hard on whether or not you really need it

Ten years here, non Immigrant visa, own a condo, my company owns my house, and have yet to need a Yellow Book for any reason. Especially since I will never apply for permanent residency; the only thing that a farang must have a Yellow Book for

There are easily obtained substitutes for everything else

Only trying to help OP with recent experience in KK did say everywhere is diffrent if it helps others then great won't go into pros and cons of yellow book suffice to say it will save me time and money not to mention queuing.

Edited by Sutty

You really had a bad start when he wanted to send you to the school!

If he really has no idea what it is and never issued one: good luck blink.png

Maybe you have to ask for a superior.

Which region is that Amphoe?

Did you go alone and speak decent Thai?

As others say, it is useless to collect documents, translations etc. before the Amphoe (can) describe what they want.

A basic need is your name and nationality in Thai, the first names and nationality of your parents in Thai.

So at least translation of the passport and birth certificate.

If you are married you might have the necessary data already in the marriage certificate (Thai).

Of course blue housebook and ID from your wife.

If you show him this, he hopefully understands what you want:

TOR. ROR. 13 (while a blue housebook for Thais is a TOR. ROR. 14)

post-99794-0-29963500-1444361562_thumb.j

I had described the entries in the housebook for better understanding:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681733-yellow-book-the-chicken-or-the-egg/#entry7044394

I had the wife check on doing 1 for me and the girl at the desk told her that they didn't do that. I sent her back and told her to talk to the HMFIC. Clear instructions were issued.

And was the Yellow Book issued or did the HMFIC just issue the instructions on the hope that they would be followed ?

I had the wife check on doing 1 for me and the girl at the desk told her that they didn't do that. I sent her back and told her to talk to the HMFIC. Clear instructions were issued.

Yeah it is hard. Most employees at Amphoes dont even know that something liek a yellow tabien baan exists... you really have to fight your way to someone at the Amphoe who knows what to do.

• 5 months later...

It's been sometime and now I have received my yellow book.

I am not in Thailand full time so that delayed my application being completed. Upon returning after 4 months I needed to replace my pictures they lost, bring 2 Thai government employees to vouch for me and finally get the book.

I will say it saved a trip to immigration for a certificate of residence when I was applying for my driving licenses.

• Like 1

Lol and within the same location as the first visit a man told us to come back in 3 days when a particular lady was in to get a form only she could provide and take to immigration.

When we return and requested the form I asked my wife to question her why the yb wasn't sufficient. Of course my wife resisted but finally did and the woman says why didn't you tell me,,you don't need to go for residents certificate with yb!

We tell her the man said yb wasn't enough,,she says that's crazy he's s senior official and should know this.

Too much fun involving anything Official here.