EU criticism brings government back to reality

Lite Beer

Not sure which reality.. The EU should sort out its own problems.. No refugee problems here.

Whats that saying dont throw stones if you live in a bunker.

Sent from my c64

Obviously you have not seen the influx of Burmese and other Surrounding Nationality's. Pooring into Thailand

Edited by Thongkorn

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No head of state, no matter how he came to power, needs to listen to the bloated, corrupt, inefficient EU. The political version of FIFA.

I see no criticism of the Head of State here - just the government.

Very sloppy post from me. Of course I did not mean HM. Should know better, coming from a country with a constitutional monarchy.

No head of state, no matter how he came to power, needs to listen to the bloated, corrupt, inefficient EU. The political version of FIFA.

I see no criticism of the Head of State here - just the government.

Very sloppy post from me. Of course I did not mean HM. Should know better, coming from a country with a constitutional monarchy.

Easy and common mistake to make but I do like being pedantic at times!

In many ways Thailand is a microcosm of what's happened around the world. However, in Thailand the rich have a face, the pm, where in other countries they typically wield power anonymously. The pm represents the interests of the .01 percent that own the majority of the country.

The United nations. What a joke. Only a handful of the hundreds of countries represented there have democracy. Laced with dictators and corrupt politicians. I would rather live here than in many of the poverty stricken rat holes the U N represents. Just look at what happens to citizens of many of these counties from amputations, stonings, beatings and outright murder. The U N has a real gall complaining about Thailand.

As for the E U? Another joke . Not elected by the people of the E U countries yet able to dictate the fate of nations. Another bunch of power seaking polies no better than the mob running the U N.

Say goodnight to the folks Gracie.

Good night, Gracie.

The United nations. What a joke. Only a handful of the hundreds of countries represented there have democracy. Laced with dictators and corrupt politicians. I would rather live here than in many of the poverty stricken rat holes the U N represents. Just look at what happens to citizens of many of these counties from amputations, stonings, beatings and outright murder. The U N has a real gall complaining about Thailand.

As for the E U? Another joke . Not elected by the people of the E U countries yet able to dictate the fate of nations. Another bunch of power seaking polies no better than the mob running the U N.

Good night, Gracie.

Who's Gracie ?

seems that the biggest right that has been suspended by the junta is the rights of the Reds to blow up children with RPG's. Other than that I don't see any real suppression of peoples rights here in Thailand.

Taksin and Yingluck governments both suppressed the press just as much if not more than the junta has done, doesn't anybody remember that?

Thailand is safer and more stable than it has been for a very long time.

But the right of yellows to blow-up policemen with grenades probably hasn't been suppressed. You must be ........... blind if you dont see the suppression of the people, the press and the TV (and I don't remember any serious repression by the people you malign). Possibly if you just read the TV rules on what you can and can't post about politics you might be a bit more enlightened about this lot's (can't call them a government) repression. But you know all that anyway, so no doubt your post an my reply will be swept away by the anti-inflamatory cleaners. I should add, how can any country that is policed by armed soldiers be considered safe? Edited by MiKT

Good night, Gracie.

Who's Gracie ?

I don't know about Gracie, but the John and familiar sycophancy ring a bell.

Your ignorance is truly breathtaking.

Not sure which reality.. The EU should sort out its own problems.. No refugee problems here.

Sent from my c64

spot on there, towed out sea by the Navy, sent packing back to China, jungle grave yards. No refugee probs, Perhaps the EU should be getting advice from Thailand.

And that's what we've just heard off recently..God knows what's gone on over the years..No while the mentality at the moment exists there will never be a refugee problem..They will just kill them or move them on in one way or another..And people knowing this will also mean they won't have too many rushing to Thailand.. Edited by Nigeone

Just the other day didn't it get reported that the PM was going to write letters to other world countries govt heads about what the Thai Govt is doing because the other countries didn't understand the Thai way.

I suggest to this govt that other countries do understand the Thai way totally and it will only get worse if the Thai Govt keeps thinking other countries are children

I hope he is not seriously considering this. This would make Thailand the laughing stock of the world, surely this is obvious to absolutely everyone?

The best thing he can do is shut up, get the reforms in place and hand the power back to the people by setting the election date. He was not supposed to be in power for any length of serious time, certainly not a political term.

Dear Oh dear,,,,

So the EU and the US has dinged them, big deal. North Korea hasn't, either has China

No big deal? Do you live on plant Earth or are you looking from afar?

The EU and US are the 2 biggest trading nations in the world and Thailand relies heavily on trading. Also, whilst making your pointless (I assume you think provocative) point of saying China and N Korea have said nothing, well what do you expect them to have said?

The world is politically very complicated and it is not split nice and cleanly as you seem to think it is, it very much depends on the issue as to where countries stand. Its far too simplistic to say "China back Thailand", "US do not".

Thailand need to listen and get out of its own bubble.

Sent from my c64

Obviously you have not seen the influx of Burmese and other Surrounding Nationality's. Pooring into Thailand

So long as they are all pooring in through a single gateway... I have full trust in the government filtering out the bad.

Sent from my c64