Chiang Rai city is flooded due to continuous heavy rains

Lite Beer

Chiang Rai city is flooded due to continuous heavy rains

BANGKOK, 11 October 2015 (NNT)-Heavy rains in the northern province of Chiang Rai have caused flooding in several areas of the the city center.

Roads in Chiang Rai city have been flooded after continuous downpours that struck the city on Saturday and carried on overnight. Water levels in flooded areas have risen as high as 30 centimeters in some spots. Commuters have been facing difficulties on the road, especially those travelling in small vehicles.

However, authorities expect the situation to return to normal by tonight as no heavy rains are forecast for today, and water is being drained to the Kok River as well as other waterways.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-11 footer_n.gif

Plenty of rain here but we never flood anyway.

I actually felt cold when I took the dog out earlier.

Yes, there was a nice chill in the air this morning. We got word last night that there was some water on the roads north of town. When my wife gets to CRU today I am sure I will hear from her if there is water at the university.

It has been raining alot somewhat lately,hopefully not too many flood problems eh.

Does anyone know the the current temperature ?

Im getting a reading of 21 degrees but it feels more like 15 !

Anyway, its quite refreshing so cant complain.

It's positively chilly today! Last night was the first night we could sleep without the aircon - it's bizarre how quickly it can change from hot and sticky to pretty damn cold.

Enjoy it while you can because it doesn't look like it will last too long. Still a bit early for winter temps.

The article is from Bkk. Maybe someone from NNBT called their aunt in C.Rai and she said, "Oh, it's flooding."

Downtown used to flood every year, about 10 to 13 inches in many parts. Now, it floods a few inches, but much less than before. They've cleaned out some storm drains, but it's mostly because of some well planned diversion causeways built in the past 10 yrs.

How peculiar, the National News Bureau says Chiang Rai is flooded, residents say it's not!

EDIT to add: I think they meant to say Province not City - http://floodlist.com/asia/thailand-floods-over-3000-families-affected-in-northern-provinces

Or Central not City

Or perhaps they were talking about somewhere else entirely different, Calcutta maybe, who knows!