Triglycerides

Aussieroaming

What are the side effects of statins? I have been taking them for five or six years and my "bad" cholesterol is down from 166to 70 but I do keep reading about side effects.

The "side effects" are detailed on every printed package insert of every pack of "statin " you have received.

However, content of the link will provide information.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/statin-side-effects/art-20046013

Not everyone suffers "side effects"

Given that my cholesterol was normal in December and I changed my diet, I'm sure that for me a change of diet again to eliminate sugars and breads will have a big benefit. I think I will try and stay medicated drug free if possible, though I will monitor the condition in a couple of months to see if I have been able to reverse the issue.

What are the side effects of statins? I have been taking them for five or six years and my "bad" cholesterol is down from 166to 70 but I do keep reading about side effects.

The "side effects" are detailed on every printed package insert of every pack of "statin " you have received.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/statin-side-effects/art-20046013

Thanks for that oncearugge, sorry to have tried your patience.

I apologise also for not explaining myself properly, what I was thinking of was the number of times I have seen online comments from the "back to nature" and "anti-big pharma" brigades warning darkly that "statins" do a lot more harm than good and have devastating "side-effects". Just wondering what they were on about.

I have had no "side-effects" either, although it is a logical thought that something that does so much to cholesterol may be doing much to something else.

The obvious action is the next time I see such a comment I will immediately respond and ask what the ferc they are on about.

Oncearugge no need to respond unless you really wish. (Not Sale or Wilmslow was it?}

Thanks for that oncearugge, sorry to have tried your patience.

I apologise also for not explaining myself properly, what I was thin

king of was the number of times I have seen online comments from the "back to nature" and "anti-big pharma" brigades warning darkly that "statins" do a lot more harm than good and have devastating "side-effects". Just wondering what they were on about.

I have had no "side-effects" either, although it is a logical thought that something that does so much to cholesterol may be doing much to something else.

The obvious action is the next time I see such a comment I will immediately respond and ask what the ferc they are on about.

Oncearugge no need to respond unless you really wish. (Not Sale or Wilmslow was it?}

smile.png Well done!

You guessed the "code" but not the team!