Jomtien Immigration Does It Again! :-)

quandow

Yup, I dropped in early this morning to do a 90 day reporting....had a shitload of paperwork in tow as I've recently changed my address.....was in and out in 5 minutes and no need for the paper trail......shock, shock!,?

We shall see how the story continues as I've got my extension on stay due next month....woo, woo! ?

It's just pot luck depending on how busy it is. Sometimes reporting will take a few minutes. The other day it took 30 minutes.

Visited Pattaya immigration today for my annual retirement extension.

Arrived at 11.05am with the following:

Passport and copies

Yellow book and copies

Completed application form TM7

Proof of income letter (British Embassy)

THB 1,900

Had to sign a couple of notices to confirm my understanding of the overstay rules/penalties.

Nothing else required (same as the last 10 years).

I was out of there by 11.30am and will collect my passport on Monday.

Great service.

Passport and copies

Yellow book and copies

THB 1,900

Had to sign a couple of notices to confirm my understanding of the overstay rules/penalties.

Great service.

Had you filed a TM30 before this? If not did they say you should?

It took me in total 3 minutes to report my 90 day extension today . Only gave the lady my passport and that was it.

I assume you mean you did a 90 day ADDRESS report. Not remotely the same thing as an extension.

If you are being pedantic the report is 'for staying in Thailand more than 90 days.' Nothing to do with address reporting. ( although you write your address on the form.)

Passport and copies

Yellow book and copies

THB 1,900

Great service.

Had you filed a TM30 before this? If not did they say you should?

There was no mention of a TM30.

It is possible that one was submitted when I first moved to Thailand 11 years ago - my first extension was based on marriage, so the TM30 might have been part of that process.

What's a yellow book? Are condo owners expected to have a yellow or blue book?

With 60000 plus posts I am surprised you do not know of a 'Yellow Book' - use the search there is a zillion posts about them.

Thanks for nothing.ph34r.png So rude!bah.gif

Edited by Jingthing

It took me in total 3 minutes to report my 90 day extension today . Only gave the lady my passport and that was it.

I assume you mean you did a 90 day ADDRESS report. Not remotely the same thing as an extension.

If you are being pedantic the report is 'for staying in Thailand more than 90 days.' Nothing to do with address reporting. ( although you write your address on the form.)

Commonly known as an address report. Definitely not known as an extension. There is nothing in the task that relates to EXTENDING your stay in Thailand. It is completely independent of the extension process.

Further reply discouraged. Welcome to my ignore list.

Edited by Jingthing

Commonly known as an address report. Definitely not known as an extension. There is nothing in the task that relates to EXTENDING your stay in Thailand. It is completely independent of the extension process.

Further reply discouraged. Welcome to my ignore list.

And there is nothing on the 90 day report that relates to your address. Gosh! on your ignore list - obnoxious <deleted> .

Farang condo owners can apply blue book from pattaya city hall. Farang is not listed as resident in that book but is listed as an owner..

Whether this book would useful for address verification at immigration, i do not know but it may be helpful..

Farang condo owners can apply blue book from pattaya city hall.

Farang is not listed as resident in that book but is listed as an owner..

Hi. Unsure what you mean by "listed as an owner" ?

The Blue Book registers the Thai persons having their legal domicile at the address.

In the case of a foreign owner, it's a nearly empty document.

Nowhere does my name appear in my Blue Book

I'd still like to know what a TM30 form is, ie, what purpose it serves so that if necessary I can be prepared to provide it in future.

I don't think I've encountered it before.

See post #4 of this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818144-tm-30-form/

OK, Thanks. So the TM30 is a form to be filled out by the owner or manager of where you reside. In effect a way to provide proof to immigration. This requirement must be related to recent requirement to report for 90 day at the last immigration location you reported before. If one travels a lot (as I do with condos in 4 provinces) this requirement has become tedious, but so far I've eased the tedioum by asking my condo managers for an official letter each time before I go to do the 90 day in a different province. If I was able to successfully report online I would just continue to report the same location (but online has not been successful for me).

I'd still like to know what a TM30 form is, ie, what purpose it serves so that if necessary I can be prepared to provide it in future.

Here is the official title on the TM.30 to give you an idea:

NOTIFICATION FROM (sic) FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED

Any time a foreigner stays overnight in a hotel/house/condo/etc, a TM.30 is supposed to be filed to register that event. Hotels have a web link where they can do online reporting. Individuals must submit the paper TM.30 form.

You can download the form and have a look.

NOTIFICATION FROM (sic) FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED

Any time a foreigner stays overnight in a hotel/house/condo/etc, a TM.30 is supposed to be filed to register that event. Hotels have a web link where they can do online reporting. Individuals must submit the paper TM.30 form.

Thanks for that. I see that the TM28 is probably of more use for me, as I wander back & forth between provinces.

TM28: Form for aliens to notify their change of address........

Since the re-org at Jomtien immigration , I have only had positive experiences,

90 Day reporting is very quick and efficient.

Did my Extension based on retirement in June and was pleasantly surprised at how things have improved.

Staff on the counter as you go in and get a ticket check your paperwork and this makes things more smooth.

Thanks for that. I see that the TM28 is probably of more use for me, as I wander back & forth between provinces.

I agree, but apparently by renting a house/condo you become the house-master or possessor of the residence, and can submit a TM.30 for your own occupancy of the dwelling. Not sure exactly where a condo owner-occupant falls in that context.

I have yet to hear any situation where Jomtien Immigrations has asked for a TM.28, only TM.30, so when I go for my next extension (in December) I plan to have both forms completed along with the chanote of my condo (with photocopies). "Belt and suspenders" perhaps, but I just am not clear what they are after any more.

Farang condo owners can apply blue book from pattaya city hall.

Farang is not listed as resident in that book but is listed as an owner..

Hi. Unsure what you mean by "listed as an owner" ?

The Blue Book registers the Thai persons having their legal domicile at the address.

In the case of a foreign owner, it's a nearly empty document.

Nowhere does my name appear in my Blue Book

Cannot check at moment but if i remember right condo owner name is there in some page. It is written in THAI letters not same as western people use..

I agree, but apparently by renting a house/condo you become the house-master or possessor of the residence, and can submit a TM.30 for your own occupancy of the dwelling. Not sure exactly where a condo owner-occupant falls in that context.

I have yet to hear any situation where Jomtien Immigrations has asked for a TM.28, only TM.30, so when I go for my next extension (in December) I plan to have both forms completed along with the chanote of my condo (with photocopies). "Belt and suspenders" perhaps, but I just am not clear what they are after any more.

wpcoe, I own a condo at Jomtien Complex Condotel (JCC) & in the past when updating my retirement visa (I avoid CM Immigration like the plague) I have asked JCC mgr for a letter (300 THB, seems expensive doesn't it) addressed to Immigration confirming I live at JCC (even if it is only part of year). This has always worked for me updating the retirement visa at Jomtien Immigration & I suspect will also be satisfactory in future. I was just trying to prepare for the potential need of either TM28 or TM30 in future. As I said, I have the feeling the letter fromm JCC condo mgr (300 THB) will continue to suffice. But who knows, perhaps my independent submiission of the TM28 &/or TM30 would save me the 300 THB for the letter from JCC mgr.