Renewing motorcycle road tax Samui.

I just go to the Honda shop in Maenam .... with green book, they send it off and phone when insurance sticker comes in, usually about 2 weeks.... ....

Then you don't have to "dress up" to go to the DLT office! biggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

If it's an old bike , 7 years I think, it has to be inspected & certificate supplied.That can be done on the road to Lipa Noi. There are 2 inspection stations there, one at the start & one near the end both on your right. They are denoted by a picture of a gear.

I just go to the Honda shop in Maenam .... with green book, they send it off and phone when insurance sticker comes in, usually about 2 weeks.... ....

But dressing up is half the fun Jim. Only chance I ever get. smile.png

But dressing up is half the fun Jim. Only chance I ever get. smile.png

But it's such a long drive for you ! ... straighten your dicky bow tie before going in then ! tongue.png

Vegetable%252520Fest%2525202014_-9.jpg

If it's an old bike , 7 years I think, it has to be inspected & certificate supplied.That can be done on the road to Lipa Noi. There are 2 inspection stations there, one at the start & one near the end both on your right. They are denoted by a picture of a gear.

when a bike is 5 years old you need the inspection

and to get the tax, all you need is the green book, the inspection certificate if its 5 years or older, then take it to the DLT and get your insurance and tax done in about 15 minutes. cost is approx 424 baht for a standard 100-125cc bike.

but as others have said, there are several agents around samui that will do the service for around 500 baht inclusive.

• 7 months later...

Can someone tell me where Dan Auto is in Mae Nam?

Roughly between Soi 2 and soi 4 (traffic lights), closer to Soi 2 ...Water side of the road.

Or you could use Honda shop in Maenam, which is between Soi 5 and Soi 6.

Both have huge signs.

Roughly between Soi 2 and soi 4 (traffic lights), closer to Soi 2 ...Water side of the road.

Both have huge signs.

Not really. On beach side, shortly after Maenam Soi 1 (shortcut to Lamai) heading towards Bo Phut, and before New Lapas Bungalows (sign/road beach side).

Google map here.

Both have huge signs.

Not really. On beach side, shortly after Maenam Soi 1 (shortcut to Lamai) heading towards Bo Phut, and before New Lapas Bungalows (sign/road beach side).

Google map here.

Opps senior moment... !!! laugh.pngfacepalm.gifsomewhere around there, we only talking a kilometer or so!