How my bills in Thailand are ฿8000 baht a month or about (£150, $230)

yacobm8

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its quite certain you don't live anywhere near Sukhumvit--good luck even finding a place to rent at around that price! Yeah I could normally get by around that price in the Ramkhamhaeng area, but then again I lived in my room and was a gamer for nearly 6 months. My place was around 4500 baht per month and I pretty much cooked my own food. I could walk to the nearest vegetable vendor. Of course, it's not a really exciting life eating pasta day in and day out, but tis' the life of a frugal person. Well--a gamer anyway.

"Well, its quite certain you don't live anywhere near Sukhumvit--good luck even finding a place to rent at around that price!"

Sukhumvit (Thai: สุขุมวิท) is home to fancy apartments, villas, restaurants, bars and multiple red-light districts.

Once you disabuse yourself of the notion that area is the center of the world, your problems will be fewer.

Edited by SiSePuede419

Medical insurance? Don't get sick. Remember, most age-related diseases have a diet/lifestyle component. Diabetes, Gout, Heart Disease and Cancers.

Auto/motorbike insurance? Its called C.A.S.H.

Saving for Retirement? Retire from what? Most "early retirements" are just inheritance babies.

Entertainment budget? Why would you need this if your gf/wife is young &hot?

Income Taxes? Whats that? In my country we have something called a "progressive" income tax. If you make low income, you pay little or no taxes. If you have to pay taxes CONGRATULATIONS, you're not hurting for money.

How long you going to live this way? You sound out of touch with reality.

In America, there are people too poor to live indoors, who beg for money with cardboard signs on street corners.

The Op's situation is vastly different.

Medical insurance? Don't get sick. Remember, most age-related diseases have a diet/lifestyle component. Diabetes, Gout, Heart Disease and Cancers.

Auto/motorbike insurance? Its called C.A.S.H.

Saving for Retirement? Retire from what? Most "early retirements" are just inheritance babies.

Entertainment budget? Why would you need this if your gf/wife is young &hot?

Income Taxes? Whats that? In my country we have something called a "progressive" income tax. If you make low income, you pay little or no taxes. If you have to pay taxes CONGRATULATIONS, you're not hurting for money.

How long you going to live this way? You sound out of touch with reality.

In America, there are people too poor to live indoors, who beg for money with cardboard signs on street corners.

The Op's situation is vastly different.

So what's your point?

• 2 months later...

Well, its quite certain you don't live anywhere near Sukhumvit--good luck even finding a place to rent at around that price! Yeah I could normally get by around that price in the Ramkhamhaeng area, but then again I lived in my room and was a gamer for nearly 6 months. My place was around 4500 baht per month and I pretty much cooked my own food. I could walk to the nearest vegetable vendor. Of course, it's not a really exciting life eating pasta day in and day out, but tis' the life of a frugal person. Well--a gamer anyway.

For the frugal Dougals - it seems that the import duties don't hit dry pasta, and it's a lot higher in protein than rice, so 25 baht worth of curry through an entire bag of cooked pasta should pretty much provide the day's calories and nitrogen in one panda-duration meal.

[The thing that spendthrifts don't understand about being a tightarse is just how much pleasure there is in it thumbsup.gif ]

I used to enjoy slumming it too. Nowadays I prefer a little comfort in my living, not my spending.

when you get a little bit older you tend to enjoy small luxuries like a good mattress much more then when you were younger

It seems there is an argument between enjoying a comfy life by spending money vs. the comfy life of not spending much at all.

It's true that money can't buy happiness but poverty can't either.

Although I cherish the perils of saving every bath when I first arrived in Thailand some 20 years ago, I honestly don't miss it.

I used to enjoy slumming it too. Nowadays I prefer a little comfort in my living, not my spending.

when you get a little bit older you tend to enjoy small luxuries like a good mattress much more then when you were younger

So why old guys come to Thailand?

Luxuries in Thailand more expensive than many another countries and less option..

whistling.gif

Luxuries in Thailand more expensive than many another countries and less option..

whistling.gif

the mattress may be more expensive but i'm getting my moneys worth

whistling.gif

because some of them can afford luxuries some young guys can only dream of tongue.png

It seems there is an argument between enjoying a comfy life by spending money vs. the comfy life of not spending much at all.

It's true that money can't buy happiness but poverty can't either.

Although I cherish the perils of saving every bath when I first arrived in Thailand some 20 years ago, I honestly don't miss it.

people will also not miss your body odour if you stopped saving baths laugh.png

Edited by Naam

now i am waiting patiently for the next poster who claims he "runs three aircons (not simultaneously) 12 hours a day" and gets a refund from the electricity provider.

cheesy.gif

12 hours a day 28c on Air Con mode,

Believe what you will.

Someone is obviously ripping u off.

right you are! that "somebody" is my demand to live in a 24 hours a day fully airconditioned home.

whistling.gif

because some of them can afford luxuries some young guys can only dream of tongue.png

If they can affroad luxuries , why come to place where is less and upper price??blink.png

May be becouse some in Thailand can buy what in another country much more price or even cant?

And for some young guys its can be FREEwink.png

Ps

I am not young .. and I am poor.. so stay in Thailandrolleyes.gif

whistling.gif

If they can affroad luxuries , why come to place where is less and upper price??blink.png

May be becouse some in Thailand can buy what in another country much more price or even cant?

Ps

maybe you should poke your nose when you are bored instead of asking stupid questions? coffee1.gif

now i am waiting patiently for the next poster who claims he "runs three aircons (not simultaneously) 12 hours a day" and gets a refund from the electricity provider.

cheesy.gif

12 hours a day 28c on Air Con mode,

Believe what you will.

Someone is obviously ripping u off.

right you are! that "somebody" is my demand to live in a 24 hours a day fully airconditioned home.

You should go outside from time to time Naam, because you don't look too healthy in your avatar.

whistling.gif

the mattress may be more expensive but i'm getting my moneys worth

Good for youdrunk.gif ..

Not big needs.. not far from young guys needswink.png

Edited by ardokano

whistling.gif

Ps

maybe you should poke your nose when you are bored instead of asking stupid questions? coffee1.gif

You answer my post.. SO i guess it discussion.. You do not want to talk, do not start a conversation.

whistling.gif

If I hurt you the truth. as themselves Start itcheesy.gif

some young guys can only dream of bah.gif

I can not even imagine about what a " luxuries" in Thailand i can dream when i be yanger..

can you terll me?

Fashion luxiers need wait from Europe/Hk/Singapure when they're already starting to be sold..

Property??? blink.pngbah.gif

all next to garbage dumps near road if its House or oil stains from stoves street food if its in city?

PS

I like many thinks in Thailand..

But Luxire? In Thailand?

Its need deep Love Thailand for Lux life come to Thai pay double or triple price and even cant get full option..

And very funny look prude who has a couple of more dollars in they pocket.

Not see big defference this 8k bath an 100k b per month in Thailand if its be people sutisfaction.

8k..

4.5k condo+ aircon+ enternet+ small swimming pool

1k-1.4k electrocity( with aircon 8-24hour per day.. do not realy remember but guess it 23-26c)

If fruit vegetables , water, tea. yogurt salad dressing.

or Thai food. its 1.5-3k
bicycle as transport
Insurance 2.5 K per year accident 600k cover, medical insurance 6 k per year 500k cover(its for young guys)
near 700 per month?rolleyes.gif
girl FREEcheesy.gif ( its too for young guys)
its 8-10k per month..
And another side..
any normal sedan 6-7 sec to 100km its cost 700k-1000k per year( lost price car+ tax+ fuel+ service etc)
house/condo 50k-200k per month
Maid ( Thai not easy find with english and good western cook and good clean) so it maybe philipina.. for 6/7 24 hour as in HK or Singapure cost more when 30k..
For homework staff with good skills it not cheap in Thailand.. In UK even cheaper. cand find from Poland Latvia etc.
stake its easy 800b
wine??
etc
so easy 500k per month..
biggrin.png
Different people different needs..
8k its be reall leave in Thai and be happy and healthybiggrin.png
Edited by ardokano

I hate to break it to you but I could live in Bangkok for the cost of my Krapow Moo for lunch.

Yes I could survive for months on 60 Baht per day and enjoy a wonderful lifestyle surpassing the digital nomad existence....swimming each day in the pool....enjoying the gym and sitting on my 30th floor balcony enjoying some camomile tea.

Ahh its wonderful to have options though!

60thb for kapow moo? I Hope you know your getting Raped without the lubrication....

I am also in bkk and usually eat it around 30-35 and believe it or not, there is an even cheaper option I found out by accident once

In an alley there's an old woman with a few trays of cooked food she sells to mainly esaan taxi and tuk tuk drivers.... I sat down one day and had curry and rice they're and she was surprised I can speak Thai....

And she gives has free drinking water on the tables for the grand old sum of 20 thb, I thought I misheard and she wanted 40,so i hands her 2x20s and she said no, yee-sip and handed me one of the 20's back........

I usually spend a few hundred a day on nice food like steaks and imported beers etc but that's only because I can... 80-90% of my budget is a luxury and I could still live well on a tenth of what I actually spend.....

I hate to break it to you but I could live in Bangkok for the cost of my Krapow Moo for lunch.

Yes I could survive for months on 60 Baht per day and enjoy a wonderful lifestyle surpassing the digital nomad existence....swimming each day in the pool....enjoying the gym and sitting on my 30th floor balcony enjoying some camomile tea.

60thb for kapow moo? I Hope you know your getting Raped without the lubrication....

I am also in bkk and usually eat it around 30-35 and believe it or not, there is an even cheaper option I found out by accident once

In an alley there's an old woman with a few trays of cooked food she sells to mainly esaan taxi and tuk tuk drivers.... I sat down one day and had curry and rice they're and she was surprised I can speak Thai....

And she gives has free drinking water on the tables for the grand old sum of 20 thb, I thought I misheard and she wanted 40,so i hands her 2x20s and she said no, yee-sip and handed me one of the 20's back........

I usually spend a few hundred a day on nice food like steaks and imported beers etc but that's only because I can... 80-90% of my budget is a luxury and I could still live well on a tenth of what I actually spend.....

so home cooked thai meals are not nice because they are priced for thais?

if you need steak move to mexico

Doesn't sound like living to me ,maybe existing but must be boring as hell ,fair play to you if you like existing like that, I also live cheap no rent free food but I do like to get out and explore a bit certainly didn't come to Thailand to sit in a rabbit hutch all day.

so home cooked thai meals are not nice because they are priced for thais?

if you need steak move to mexico

Some day when you can afford the finer things in life you might understand..... Until then mosey on u gimp

Has anyone any clue who the lady in the ops pic is?

My theory is that a sweet looking honey like that won't be sticking around with some cheap Charlie trying to survive on a little as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look closely at the arms and eyes, it is a doll.

I'm going out tomorrow. Will take out 10k from the ATM in the morning. Drinks n food n fun. May need to take out some more in the evening.

Guess that's a whole month's worth gone in one day. D a m n. rolleyes.gif

8k p/m. You must be a Buddhist monk or in serious denial.

Edited by Happy Grumpy