How my bills in Thailand are ฿8000 baht a month or about (£150, $230)

yacobm8

I rented a 35M condo in Jomteinfor a month and the elec. was 5300 Baht. had old piece of crap AC.

You are being ripped off - Ii am on the national grid and have a house with 4 air-conditioners and 4/5 people living in it an pay less than you.

Oh yeah, it was only for a months holiday, I was floored when I got the bill at check out time. Next time will be with Elec. included.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are seriously getting ripped off and it's sad. My gf townhouse has 2 aircons. One air-con is left overnight (let's say 10 hours every night). The other one during the day is used around 6 hours a day. Let's say 15 hours of non stop air-con a day. Total monthly bill is less than thousand baht.

I cannot comprehend how it is possible to only spend 4500 per month on food. You buy a fricking loaf of bread and some yogurts and you've already spend half of your daily food budget.

I lost my credit card once and had to watch evey bhat till a new one came in the post from the uk

This is what I ate everday more or less for about a week

2 boiled egg sandwich 20b

A portion of oats with milk about 20b

Tin sardines with brown rice 20b

A bunch of bananas 26b

A apple 15b

Water 3b

All that comes 2 about a 100b a day and I actually like all those meals so it want to hard for me

Some days I ate in a Thai restaurant for about 50b even if you do that once a day your food bill would be still under 4500b a month

So it can be done if you need to

And apart from the bread what I am sure is crap everthing is healthy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oats are eye-wateringly expensive if you're used to UK prices. I couldn't buy them: if I'd never seen 75p/38 Baht a kg I might have been fine. Wholemeal flour, a breadmaker and peanut and banana loaf in the morning looks like an option. You don't get quite so badly humped on wholemeal flour. A bread maker with two little loaf might lend itself to one banana loaf for brekkie and a second one for a salad and fish frenzy at lunchtime.

How many bananas for 26B? In Isaan you get a full bunch with two rows for 20-25. There's a cycling nutter on youtube who's basically living on them.

I think people are seriously getting ripped off and it's sad. My gf townhouse has 2 aircons. One air-con is left overnight (let's say 10 hours every night). The other one during the day is used around 6 hours a day. Let's say 15 hours of non stop air-con a day. Total monthly bill is less than thousand baht.

switch them from fan to cooling and report back with your next monthly bill laugh.png

p.s. and please don't tell us they are on cooling because people here are not as dumb as those in "another forum" coffee1.gif

I cannot comprehend how it is possible to only spend 4500 per month on food. You buy a fricking loaf of bread and some yogurts and you've already spend half of your daily food budget.

I lost my credit card once and had to watch evey bhat till a new one came in the post from the uk

A bunch of bananas 26b

A apple 15b

Water 3b

All that comes 2 about a 100b a day and I actually like all those meals so it want to hard for me

Some days I ate in a Thai restaurant for about 50b even if you do that once a day your food bill would be still under 4500b a month

Oats are eye-wateringly expensive if you're used to UK prices. I couldn't buy them: if I'd never seen 75p/38 Baht a kg I might have been fine. Wholemeal flour, a breadmaker and peanut and banana loaf in the morning looks like an option. You don't get quite so badly humped on wholemeal flour. A bread maker with two little loaf might lend itself to one banana loaf for brekkie and a second one for a salad and fish frenzy at lunchtime.

How many bananas for 26B? In Isaan you get a full bunch with two rows for 20-25. There's a cycling nutter on youtube who's basically living on them.

here's another option instead of bread, peanut and banana for breakfast whistling.gif

SOB-beggar.jpg

switch them from fan to cooling and report back with your next monthly bill laugh.png

p.s. and please don't tell us they are on cooling because people here are not as dumb as those in "another forum" coffee1.gif

Yes it's on cooling. Always between 27-28c. So sorry you are being ripped off.

I rented a 35M condo in Jomteinfor a month and the elec. was 5300 Baht. had old piece of crap AC.

You are being ripped off - Ii am on the national grid and have a house with 4 air-conditioners and 4/5 people living in it an pay less than you.

Oh yeah, it was only for a months holiday, I was floored when I got the bill at check out time. Next time will be with Elec. included.

How much to rent a 35m condo?

A bunch of bananas 26b

A apple 15b

Water 3b

The oats are still cheap 50b for 500g double the price but still cheap! It's the milk what is expensive. but I suppose we don't have 2 fill guilty about the farmers not making money like in the uk

Do you have a bread maker here. I had one in the uk and used to make my own with honey can u get the right flower here the one for bread makers

I was wondering if u could get here

35m is a room not a condo.

35m is a room not a condo.

Funny thing is my office offshore where space is a premium is 55m rolleyes.gif

Mine was 11,000 baht for the month plus elec. soi 7, from beach road first on right. Old building but served us well as it was close to everything.

So what. If people only have that sort of misery money then thats all they can spend. Its hardly a good life is it ?? I might as well list how we live on 200,000 baht a month and many would say crazy but we cant afford to eat out at nice restaurants much. Ok for flamers here it is:-

school fees 60,000 baht a month (good but not most expensive international school)

Electricity 8000 per month (ok mostly n zircons)

charity etc 10,000 per month

cars/travel 10,000 perm month

Replacement costs for large items average 15,000 a month (car every 10 years, air cons, fridges THings go wrong)

Maid and gardener 25,000 per month

food 30-40,000 a month for 4

entertainment drinks eating out 10,000 per month

clothes for 4 people around 10,000 perm onto

Incidentals 5000 per month

holidays trips for 4 10,000 per month (average 120,000 per year)

so what does that prove I'm sure many spend more.

Stupid all this see how little i can live on. Well i can live for 0 baht am otnh simple become a monk Pathetic post

obviously a troll post. the numbers make no sense. completely forgets to mention any costs related to housing or insurance. also, for example, he spends 300,000 a year on the maid and gardener but only 120,000 baht a year on travel for 4 people? and spends the same 120,000 baht a year on charity? plans to replace cars every 10 years? these numbers were all pulled straight out of his ass.

Yes it's on cooling. Always between 27-28c. So sorry you are being ripped off.

what makes you think i am ripped off? smile.png

Could i live on the cheap ? Yes...but why should i ?

Google stoicism.

Most of the money that most people spend springs from bad motives, feeds those motives and (by reducing wealth) prevents spending from better motives.

An awful lot of spending is motivated by laziness, greed, superficiality, and a desire to make de facto servants of other people. Read Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. The Greek needed enough property to fully participate in civil life. He needed the armour of a Hoplite soldier so that he could fight those perky Persians. But they desire for more than that was generally inspired by a concern for "the opinion of those whose opinions don't matter".

Look at the number of women who spend a fortune on clothes and make-up and who never think about controlling the appetites that make them look like a well-clothed and painted sofa.

As the great Samuel Smiles said, never treat lightly matters of money. Money is character. What you fritter away would save the life or sight of someone less fortunate.

Philosophic psychobabble me thinks....did you study the liberal arts at University ?

you forgot to add "from somebody who can't afford...". Aristotle's ethics in Thailand? cheesy.gif

next thing quoting Gandhi?

So what. If people only have that sort of misery money then thats all they can spend. Its hardly a good life is it ?? I might as well list how we live on 200,000 baht a month and many would say crazy but we cant afford to eat out at nice restaurants much. Ok for flamers here it is:-

school fees 60,000 baht a month (good but not most expensive international school)

Replacement costs for large items average 15,000 a month (car every 10 years, air cons, fridges THings go wrong)

Stupid all this see how little i can live on. Well i can live for 0 baht am otnh simple become a monk Pathetic post

This is probably a troll post . 8000 in electricity ? 40000 per month in food ? Not even in my native home country Norway , we spend that much.

thanks for the insight that you don't use airconditioning in an "arctic circle country" Einstein.

now please tell us how much heating oil you burn coffee1.gif

post-35218-0-31439100-1445216368_thumb.j

I would strongly suggest that you start looking for some accident/health insurance. There is no slack at Thai hospitals; if you don't have money, you do not get treated beyond basic stabilization. A motorbike accident with a broken leg can cost you TB200,000.

a top of the line pacemaker cum defibrillator can cost THB 1.245 million. that's what i paid two weeks ago whistling.gif

This is probably a troll post . 8000 in electricity ? 40000 per month in food ? Not even in my native home country Norway , we spend that much.

thanks for the insight that you don't use airconditioning in an "arctic circle country" Einstein.

now please tell us how much heating oil you burn coffee1.gif

attachicon.gifNorway Arctic Circle.jpg

It most likely doesnt cost him anything.....

simply because mummy & daddy or nanny pay for it all...;)

Mine was 11,000 baht for the month plus elec. soi 7, from beach road first on right. Old building but served us well as it was close to everything.

In Jomtien you can get a 40 sq studio for 7000 baht + electricity. With big balconies. So it is possible if you look around.

Could i live on the cheap ? Yes...but why should i ?

Google stoicism.

Most of the money that most people spend springs from bad motives, feeds those motives and (by reducing wealth) prevents spending from better motives.

An awful lot of spending is motivated by laziness, greed, superficiality, and a desire to make de facto servants of other people. Read Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. The Greek needed enough property to fully participate in civil life. He needed the armour of a Hoplite soldier so that he could fight those perky Persians. But they desire for more than that was generally inspired by a concern for "the opinion of those whose opinions don't matter".

Look at the number of women who spend a fortune on clothes and make-up and who never think about controlling the appetites that make them look like a well-clothed and painted sofa.

As the great Samuel Smiles said, never treat lightly matters of money. Money is character. What you fritter away would save the life or sight of someone less fortunate.

Philosophic psychobabble me thinks....did you study the liberal arts at University ?

you forgot to add "from somebody who can't afford...". Aristotle's ethics in Thailand? cheesy.gif

next thing quoting Gandhi?

You'd be shocked at how much I can afford: almost as much as you'd be shocked at how little I need.

There's a critical tipping point when homo sapiens sapiens goes from being an ape with an appetite into being a human being with a mind and a frame of reference laugh.png

If that point isn't reached men remain 15 years old and women get leading roles in Abigail's Party. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Craig krup

Do you have a bread maker here. I had one in the uk and used to make my own with honey can u get the right flower here the one for bread makers

3 cups of flour (any kind or combo of). 1/4 tsp dried yeast. 1 tsp salt. 1 tsp sugar. 1 - 2 tbs oil (I like olive, which is relatively cheap here), 1 1/2 cups water (about, depending on heaviness of flour). Toss everything in a bowl, cover in clingfilm and leave overnight. Next morning, tip it all out onto floured surface. Form into 'loaf' size with extra flour/floured hands. Cover with damp loth for 1.5 - 2 hours. Chuck in pre heated oven at 450c for 30 minutes. Ta dah! YT is your friend thumbsup.gif