UKBA Employer Checks

Was just wondering what if UKBA contact sponsers employers for a verification of employers letter?? , My boss is currently to busy to write me a "Employer letter", i want to get our application off but hes holding me up. Was thinking of writing it my self and submitting it, all the info will be correct ect.

Cheers

There's nothing wrong with you drafting a letter and asking the employer to sign it, but the UKVI can, and often do, call the person who signed the letter and check the facts.

If the letter is written in English when they call the employer they will correspond in English, if the letter is in Thai then one of the Thai staff will call, they will expect the person who has signed the letter to fully confirm the details of the letter in the language in which the letter was written.

If the employer says that he was bribed/paid to sign the letter then in all likelihood the application would be refused and the applicant faces the prospect of a ten year ban from making future applications.

Sorry to bring this up, I know that 'grammar police' are not welcome these days on an internet forum, but I think it only fair to point out that if the OP represents your normal standard of written English you would be most unwise to submit a letter purporting to come from your employer:-

"sponsers" - sponsors' : "to busy" - too busy : "hes" - he's : etc.

In these days of text-speak such things don't matter, but if they appear in official letters they do tend to set alarm bells ringing with the likes of ECOs and Immigration Officers.

Eff1n2ret, on 13 Oct 2015 - 10:31, said:

In these days of text-speak such things don't matter, but if they appear in official letters they do tend to set alarm bells ringing with the likes of ECOs and Immigration Officers.

A fair point but if a letter is written in English from a Thai employer then maybe the ECO might not expect the letter to be 100% grammatically correct.

The OP seems to be asking about a letter from the sponsor's employer.

contact sponsers employers for a verification of employers letter??
(my emphasis)

sksk999, what type of visa are you sponsoring?

If a visit there is no need for a letter from the sponsor's employer.

If the applicant is working then a letter from their employer confirming their employment, the length of their leave of absence and that their job will be there for them on their return is very useful.

You or the visitor can certainly draft such a letter, but it should be on company headed paper, if possible, and signed by the employer themselves.

As theoldgit says, the ECO may contact the signatory for confirmation of the contents, and if written in English they will expect that person to be able to speak to them in English and will doubt the authenticity of the letter if they are unable to do so. If the letter is written in Thai then a Thai speaking member of staff will make the call.

If settlement, then no letter from the applicant's employer is required because, obviously, the applicant will be leaving that employment when they move to the UK.

If the sponsor is meeting the financial requirement through employed income, then according to the specified evidence appendix, a letter from their employer is required to confirm that the payslips are authentic.

Surely your HR or wages department can provide such a letter for you?

Again, there is no reason why you should not draft the letter yourself, but it should be on company headed paper, and signed by the employer themselves, or authorised person in the company's employ; such as the head of the wages department.

Signing it yourself confirms nothing, and wont be accepted as confirmation that the payslips are genuine.

If the employer says that he was bribed/paid to sign the letter then in all likelihood the application would be refused and the applicant faces the prospect of a ten year ban from making future applications.

When I said bribed it was tongue in cheek given that the Op's boss was "too busy" to write a less than 5 minute letter that was a life changing issue for his employee. May be some other incentive like if you don't do this then I will walk off the job, having found an alternative job first.

Doesn't help with visa I know but then so is not getting a letter from the employer.