Chiang Mai Gyms

JackKee

I just moved to Chiang Mai due to Job. City is new for me and there are several things I need to get familiar.

Gym is the one of first things I'm looking for. At the moment I will stay serviced apartments at Nimmanhaemin. Also I'm looking permanent apartment / house this area.

I would be very happy Gym recommendations around Nimman area or close.

I saw Power House here but my friend didn't recommend it because of environment there and that they focus more local customers there nowadays.

I'm looking gym with proper equipment for serious training. Also they should have sauna or steam included.

Thanks.

Jake

Not many gyms with steam and sauna in that area.

Touch fitness at Maya has it but the membership is way overpriced if you compare with other gyms.

If you are serious lifter, you can choose Go Gym on the Superhighway. The downside is no airconditioning which will be just fine in the cold season coming, but a real hassle in the hot season.

Another alternative is Fitness Thailand. Quite alright gym, good size, A/C, good selection of equipment. Sometimes they have maintenance delays, but you will always find alternative machine for the muscle group.

You can also choose Harris Fitness, which is located in the Lotus Hotel not far from the Nimmanhemin. Gym is rather small in size, but equipment is alright (dumbbells up to 120 pounds) and gym is never too busy. Also they have great swimming pool included with a year membership.

There is many gyms in Chiang Mai. I recommended only near your area which is very important I guess.

I would advise you to go check them out at the time when you most likely will be working out. I think they all will let you have 1 free workout.

• Like 1

Thanks. That's the good start.

Fitness Thailand looks okay on their website. Anyway I Google it and someone did pretty bad review about complaining noise and rude staff. Still better I go myself and form my own opinion.

Gyms in small size I don't like. But I will go check Fitness Thailand (very near my place) and Go Gym.

Thanks.

"Baywatch", thanks for your more clarified comment. As you recommend I will check Harris also. I believe Go Gym, Fitness Thailand or Harris will be the one.

I will add my own comments / review later as I check those out.

Edited by JackKee

Thanks. There are now many places for me to check. I will start today one of those with swimming pool and add my comments later on. Few years ago I always combined gym exercise with swimming with very good results. I didn't swim much last 2 years and I feel it's good idea add it on working routines again.

Thanks for your very helpful inputs. Without those I just would blindly look only those 4-5 which comes up with Google searching.

• Like 1

Chiang Mai Orchid new gym reopened October 1st. New Salt water pool, sauna, Some new machines some old refurbished. 12k baht per year.

Any personal experience of that place? Pool would be nice.

Swimming pool is the best . I have been a member there for 15 years. It is run by a Thai corp what more can I say, now it is new it goes downhill from here. I really don't know why I am posting this if too many people like it it won't be good any longer. It is really about location don't you think?

Chiang Mai Orchid new gym reopened October 1st. New Salt water pool, sauna, Some new machines some old refurbished. 12k baht per year.

Any personal experience of that place? Pool would be nice.

Swimming pool is the best . I have been a member there for 15 years. It is run by a Thai corp what more can I say, now it is new it goes downhill from here. I really don't know why I am posting this if too many people like it it won't be good any longer. It is really about location don't you think?

Did Chiang Mai Orchid compensate existing members for the gym and pool closure?

Yes they did and most of them are there now. 1/19/15 no complaints from me.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks. There are now many places for me to check. I will start today one of those with swimming pool and add my comments later on. Few years ago I always combined gym exercise with swimming with very good results. I didn't swim much last 2 years and I feel it's good idea add it on working routines again.

Thanks for your very helpful inputs. Without those I just would blindly look only those 4-5 which comes up with Google searching.

JackKee: Did you find a gym in Nimman that you liked? Which ones were better?

I went to finally to Touch Gym on Maya shopping center because of late opening hours. It has been closed now for one month due to renovation and expansion. It will open within next weeks with brand name Max Fitness.

I went to finally to Touch Gym on Maya shopping center because of late opening hours. It has been closed now for one month due to renovation and expansion. It will open within next weeks with brand name Max Fitness.

Any Idea of prices on Max?

I go to Go Gym and train pretty heavy there but the heat recently has made training very uncomfortable. Looking for an aircon venue with I mean 'all the gear.'

Use to go to TM Muscle Gym but it is too far out of town.

They don't have a sauna or steam room but Go Gym has all the equipment you need and it's very affordable. Not too far from Nimm. A lot of Thai body builders work out here. They have machines, free weights, ropes, street bars for calisthenics, cross fit, boxing area, and so on. It's huge.

There is also the smaller Harris Gym behind KSK mall. Tiny but decent.

Mae Jo Gym in Mae Jo ( :) ) moved 3 mnths ago to a big open building and it can fill most of one's lifting needs.

50 bht a time, 690 bht 4 mnths (I think)

Great if you live out that/this way

https://www.facebook.com/MAEJOGYM/?fref=ts

Mainly Thai and everyone one seems to be there to exercise and let other's do the same

Any Idea of prices on Max?

I go to Go Gym and train pretty heavy there but the heat recently has made training very uncomfortable. Looking for an aircon venue with I mean 'all the gear.'

Use to go to TM Muscle Gym but it is too far out of town.

https://www.facebook.com/CNX-GYM-659720830804587/?fref=ts

this one is out by meechock plaza, ive never been but im told its well equipped and air conditioned

• Like 1