Pattaya triathalon

phycokiller

I noticed that they are going to be swimming in the water off Pattaya Klang. Has the water been tested to see if it is safe to swim in? I dont think so and Im pretty sure its not safe to swim in. I would guess this involves professional athletes that would have expected this to be checked and no doubt some have insurance which will be voided if they do get sick. I guess they can try and sue the council but that will take years. Anyway I cant see this event attracting many sane people from outside Thailand while they pretend this problem doesnt exist.

I believe it would depend as to whether the triathlon is being heard under the auspices of any of the International Triathlon organisations. I know of one that was to be held as regulated and cancelled the event when they realised it would not and could not meet the required standards.

I've lived in Jomtien for around 10 years now and have never gone swimming here. Too many reports of trips to hospital for ear infections and such. No worries with triathlon.competitors. International competitors will probably be out of country when first symptoms appear.

In two and a half decades I have been in that water twice.....last time my buddies gf, who had never been in the ocean was asking what the floating brown things were.

Swimming in this and having to get this water in the mouth......no way.

At least safety won't be an issue.

Anyone who gets into trouble can just grab onto a passing floating turd for buoyancy.

Failing that a jet ski will be on hand & once brought into shore the struggler will be charged ฿30,000 for the damage they caused.

Pattaya, the hub of water sports.

No it is not safe and yes they would swim in anything

The outer depths are clean but swallowing water near sure maybe a big mistake... These people do not even clean thye beach shore lines. Its the Thainess at work

If we dont use it dont clean it LOL

I've just been down Jomtien 2nd road, which I think, is the cycle track portion of the Triathlon some stretch of the old Thapphraya from South Pattaya towards Thepprasit seems to be resurfaced, new plants on the median just planted and on the 'new' Jomtien 2nd road, the road surface is atrocious in parts still, not really suitable for a bike race, maybe that's also why there are now a roundabout in the middle of intersection with soi wat boon too....

at least the stretch of Jomtien 2nd road that connects to Sukhumvit looks nice for a bike ride

looks like a lot of money has been injected into city hall's contractors...

This is worth watching!!!

The swim takes place outside the Hard Rock (1.5km), then it finishes off after running over a newly erected temporary bridge over Beach Rd, then finish the swim in the hotel pool..............before running through the pizzeria, bar, and lobby to get to on your bike!!!

If there are no injuries involved in this chaos I'll eat my hat!!!!

Just been told there are in excess of 1000 people going to run past as people enjoy breakfast!post-55818-14449977493851_thumb.jpg

BTW, a guy has just walked through the bar pushing his bike, whilst wearing underpants!!!

I kid you not.........

Here's another photo!post-55818-14449983759573_thumb.jpg

Edited by Woody1