Re-entry permit at BKK, bring a photo!

I was at Suvarnabhumi yesterday evening to get a re-entry permit for my tourist visa, but I was not aware that I needed to bring a photo with me. So I had to go out again and down to the tourist police in floor 2, and get them to take a mugshot of me. Paid 200 THB and got 8 "passport photos"!

Could go trough fast track when I entered back again, but the hole photo session put me back a 30 min or so.....

First time I needed a re-entry permit so this was a new experience for me. So they normally don't take photos of you there? You need to bring? And why on earth do they need photos for a re-entry permit?

Edited by Namplik

Clearly stated that a photo is required. If you had looked at form you would notice rectangle for photo.

That is true if going to immigration. But for a long time now they have been doing the photo at the re-entry permit desk at the airport.
Yes Joe your correct. Did one last week at Don mueang. Had my form with photo. The bloke ahead of me did not. It APPEARED to me they photocopied his passport then cut out the photo.

I cannot testify to this 100% .

Might add I found the io dealing with me very polite. We all have our bad experiences. She was nice. Wish I had her cell. Might prove useful

Edited by jacksam

Clearly stated that a photo is required. If you had looked at form you would notice rectangle for photo.

That is true if going to immigration. But for a long time now they have been doing the photo at the re-entry permit desk at the airport.
Yes Joe your correct. Did one last week at Don mueang. Had my form with photo. The bloke ahead of me did not. It APPEARED to me they photocopied his passport then cut out the photo.

I cannot testify to this 100% .

Might add I found the io dealing with me very polite. We all have our bad experiences. She was nice. Wish I had her cell. Might prove useful

Talk about living dangerously - fooling around with a copper from Immi ...

Evil I take your point .......wouldn't be 50 shades of grey, rather red carpet while we are an item and blacklisted when things go south. She was attractive and up the food chain. Yes I looked at her stripes. More than the other subordinates. But do I need an application for the "business".

I know this is a serious forum. Please allow poetic licence

Edited by jacksam

The same thing happened to me almost exactly a month ago (see http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855306-problem-with-reentry-permit-at-suvarnabhumi-today/ ).

Why they don't have a computer backup for when their primary system is down is a mystery. I mean, how much does a second computer and a webcam cost?

Or is it that the "200 baht for photos - no receipt" is a nice little earner for someone?

Still, OP, you were fortunate to have "fast track". I had to go though the usual queue. Oh how I love being denigrated in the name of security theatre!

• Like 1

The re-entry guy <removed> kept my passport and application and gave me a big yellow laminated sheet of paper with some info on it. That was my ticket out and in of the fast track tongue.png

But I was a little bit nervous about leaving my passport there, but I guessed they knew what they were doing smile.png

Edited by ubonjoe
off topic comment removed

The re-entry guy <removed> kept my passport and application and gave me a big yellow laminated sheet of paper with some info on it. That was my ticket out and in of the fast track tongue.png

But I was a little bit nervous about leaving my passport there, but I guessed they knew what they were doing smile.png

I'm not trying to be emotive but reading your post I had to scroll back up to OP in order to understand your post.

I still do not

I have been going to Big Camera at local Tesco with my thumb drive to print passport pictures, 10B for a sheet of 4, cut them myself. I got 16 for 40B, last me a long time. Always keep a few in my passport jacket. Nice to save some money and to have one less thing to deal with.