Number of beggars, homeless people in Bangkok on the rise

webfact

BANGKOK
Number of beggars, homeless people on the rise

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- The Social Development and Human Security Ministry yesterday said the number of homeless people and beggars in Bangkok had risen by 5-10 per cent on a yearly basis.

A survey by the ministry's Centre for Prevention and Solving the Issues of Street Beggars and Homeless Persons and the Issarachon Foundation found that there were 2,856 homeless people in 2012, 3,140 in 2013 and 3,249 in 2014.

In February, the ministry reported that Thailand had 1,186 beggars, 436 of whom were foreign and 147 of whom were children. Bangkok, Chon Buri, Nakhon Ratchasima, Chiang Rai and Nakhon Sawan have the largest number of beggars.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Number-of-beggars-homeless-people-on-the-rise-30271000.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-16

There have been many studies that beggars go home to a house, car, family......so use common sense.

But if you can help another human, do it!!! Why give the money to a bar when you can save a life?????

But please start with me......I am NEEDING a new Macbook Pro with i7 hyperthreading 12 megapixel camera and fingerprint technology!!!!!!!

blah, blah, blah....all the typing in the world is meaningless........i'm off to BKK to make a difference!!!

coffee1.gif

There have been many studies that beggars go home to a house, car, family......so use common sense.

But if you can help another human, do it!!! Why give the money to a bar when you can save a life?????

But please start with me......I am NEEDING a new Macbook Pro with i7 hyperthreading 12 megapixel camera and fingerprint technology!!!!!!!

blah, blah, blah....all the typing in the world is meaningless........i'm off to BKK to make a difference!!!

coffee1.gif

If you had said Macbook Air then one would be on its way to you, sorry,,!

Have fun in Bangkok, dont forget to roll about in the mud, take off (and hide) your socks and shoes and make sure the cardboard you sit on is well worn out and not fresh from the back of the supermarket. You will have your Macbook Pro in no time.

I was never much good at mathematics (maths) but I always thought that 1,186 (the figure recorded for February 2015) was less than 3,249 (the figure for 2014). How is this a 5-10 per cent increase? I am sure that there must be some secret formula :-)

They used the same machine to add up the numbers that they use when calculating the votes at an election...

Don't you think the numbers are very precise? I thought the very nature of homeless people and the challenge in dealing with the issue is that they are all off the radar.

Statistics from other countries are usually estimations of numbers.

It looks like Thailand knows how many, who they are, where they are from, what they are doing etc,, should be advantageous when finding a solution. Or of course they could just be BS'ing to make themselves look efficient,,,, no surely can't be true..

I wonder if the Social Development and Human Security Ministry has figures for the increases of numbers of thieves, bash-artists, rapists, drug dealers, thuggee security guards, paedophiles, murderers, con-artists and scammers. Not forgetting prostitutes, bent cops, illegal bars and gambling dens, unsafe tourist attractions and drunk drivers. That would make far more interesting reading. From what I hear around the traps some of these beggars live in comfortable homes with their families. It is their 9-5 job and they dress accordingly. After knock-off time they go home and shower and change ready for dinner.

I was never much good at mathematics (maths) but I always thought that 1,186 (the figure recorded for February 2015) was less than 3,249 (the figure for 2014). How is this a 5-10 per cent increase? I am sure that there must be some secret formula :-)

Much as I hate to do it, I feel obliged to point out that the larger number was counting the homeless, while the smaller number was counting beggars.

My hypothesis is that not all homeless people are beggars... But that's just a guess.

The economy has definitely suffered since the most recent coup, there's no hiding the amount of damage that has been done. The damage is far greater than any losses from the rice scheme. With the factories that have closed and moved abroad there is bound to be an increase in the numbers of people unable to support themselves. The situation is probably worse than the official figures indicate.

3249 homeless people

1186 beggars

Two different things

Don't get me started

Wheres my tin cup

Been to Cambodia ?

----------------------------------------

I was completely broke once in Sydney

went to every restaurant asking for a job,

got a job washing pots and pans, i did the

best job i could, i gave 110% and worked

my way to the top, as they say, the moral

is,,, i've been there.

Yea, Cambodia is crazy.

Today I managed to get 800 baht from tourists....I slept right outside the airport.....

the problem was....i got arrested for not having a work permit......fine today was 790 baht

no problem!!! tomorrow i will try kaosan road or whatever......get one baht from each backpacker!!!!!!