14 year olds found during Central Pattaya Pub Raid

webfact

14 year olds found during Central Pattaya Pub Raid

pub-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Customers as young as 14 year old were found as District Officers raided a Pub in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Thursday.

The raid took place at the Pattaya Club Route 99 Pub located behind Numchai Electronics off the Sukhumvit Road in Central Pattaya at 4.30am. Officers approached the club which was plunged into darkness moments earlier as workers became aware that a raid was imminent.

Although the Pub appeared closed officers were well aware it was open and went to a rear exit which allowed them to gain entry into the Pub. 300 customers were inside at the time and checks into staff and patrons began.

A total of 75 people were found to be aged between 14 and 19. 24 of the underage customers failed drug tests and a further 4 aged over 20 also failed a drug test which confirmed the presence of methamphetamine in their bodies. 3 people were found not to be carrying Thai ID cards and officers seized a quantity of Kethamine powder and Crystal Meth which were discarded on the floor of the Pub.

Khun Kittipong aged 40, the owner of the Pub, was arrested and the parents of the underage customers were summoned to the offices of the Chief of Banglamung District later on Thursday Morning for a stern lecture on their responsibilities in relation to their children.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218559/14-year-olds-found-during-central-pattaya-pub-raid/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-16

300 customers at 4 am in the morning-----Wow the Thai bars are certainly outselling the farang ones, last time I was in Pattaya my old local only had 3 ex SAS guys, 2 retired navy seals....& some tired looking ladies......................coffee1.gif

300 customers at 4 am in the morning-----Wow the Thai bars are certainly outselling the farang ones, last time I was in Pattaya my old local only had 3 ex SAS guys, 2 retired navy seals....& some tired looking ladies......................coffee1.gif

and that was during happy hour ! .... tongue.png

Are the Hua Hin bars next?

It is school holiday time.

Jim, a late night raid in Hua Hin would be about 8.30 right?

I live in Hua Hin, and I can categorically say that Yes, 8:30 A.M. would be classed as a late night...gigglem.gifwink.png

Edited by AhFarangJa

and that was during happy hour ! .... tongue.png

Gosh. Is Classroom still operating?

'... the parents of the underage customers were summoned to the offices of the Chief of Banglamung District later on Thursday Morning for a stern lecture on their responsibilities ...' If they need a lecture on the extent of their responsibilities for their children, particularly where we're talking 14-year olds found in such dubious circumstances, then the lecture is obviously a waste of time.

I wonder how many of the parents told the BBC it's all the fault of their child's school for not teaching them properly ?

Thais, and most definitely parents, aren't big on accepting responsibility.

Don't blame the BBC. They're under enough pressure at the moment (Joking!clap2.gif ).

14 yrs old is a bit young to be hitting the piss !!

My mother was given a severe tongue lashing from her 3 sisters when we were on a family trip

to France over Christmas holidays when I was 14 years of age. I had declined to have wine

with my supper. They told her she was raising children without proper social graces and

culture. At age 14 I should have been drinking wine with all my hot meals. This was part of

proper French culture and my mother was not raising her children correctly. My mother made

excuses that I was not feeling well, took me aside and explained her sisters were absolutely

mortified at my declining wine with hot meals and my mother asked me to accept wine when

offered. I did not have to drink it, but just to help her save face. True story.

Time to ban drinking establishment anywhere within 5 km of a school.

Or they could take a page from US history and attempt prohibition, but first they need to establish the Thailand Buddhist Temperance Union. rolleyes.gif

In the "good old days" a decade or two ago these under-age drinkers would be turning tricks on Beach Road earlier in the evening to pay for their late-night pub/club drinking/drug-taking.

I wonder how they earn the money now?

Advertising themselves on Dek Ying social web sites. Foreigners are simply ignorant to the fact that The Farang Sexpat phenomenon is just the tip of the P4P environment here in the LOS.

14 yrs old is a bit young to be hitting the piss !!

It depends on which culture and generation you're from. We had wine at dinner from the time I was old enough to sit with adults at the dinner table without being 'busy'. About 8 years old.

In the "good old days" a decade or two ago these under-age drinkers would be turning tricks on Beach Road earlier in the evening to pay for their late-night pub/club drinking/drug-taking.

Advertising themselves on Dek Ying social web sites. Foreigners are simply ignorant to the fact that The Farang Sexpat phenomenon is just the tip of the P4P environment here in the LOS.

LOL That explains it.

I was a professional network engineer for the best part of 30 years and I dont even have a Facebook account let alone frequent Thai social websites.

Think I'll get back to the important things in life, like which restaurant does the best full English breakfast.

My brothers wifes parents came from Italy. They were first cousins. They sent there daughters to grade school with wine in there thermos lunchboxes........

I had acquaintances of mine work for the International Atomic Energy Agency in Geneva. According to one of my past office mates, the alcohol came out as early as 10am and lunch was essentially the end of any productive work for the day after the beer, wine, and liquor started flowing.

That may have happen twice in my life while working in the US. After work in the US? Difference story.

LOL That explains it.

I was a professional network engineer for the best part of 30 years and I dont even have a Facebook account let alone frequent Thai social websites.

Think I'll get back to the important things in life, like which restaurant does the best full English breakfast.

Me too. I spent 25 years in the IT industry. I own an old Nokia phone which I only carry for emergencies, and a few computers of various ages. I'm not buying a smart phone ever. And I read, like books. It's sort of a lost art form. And seeing that I don't have a smart phone, when I'm out of the house, I actually know what is going on around me and enjoy the view. Lol

Mia nois, giks, and dek yings? Must be a Thai cultural thing. I have one wife which is enough female companionship for me. Two or more is just trouble. biggrin.png

Ok guys...I get the Euro wine thing. Explains a lot in hindsight thumbsup.gif

What about 30% of the underage "patrons"in the pub failing the drug test at 4:30 am?

Your parents keep you up all night too...or was it the speed?

I'm afraid I cannot bring myself to criticise the youngsters who were there just drinking and enjoying themselves (as for the ones using drugs idiots and deserve what they get) like a lot of things with age memory tends to get selective in most I clearly remember being 12 year old drinking in the Royal Oak pub in Halifax not only drinking but working as a glass collector. First time drunk was on lager (which I have never drank again it's now known to me as pussy juice) again 12 did it do me any harm guess not still alive and kicking did it make me maladjusted possibly I joined HM Royal Marine Commandos and I was then grateful I started at 12 years old gave me a slight advantage when out of the hell training and sent to Malta. So no I won't criticise or chastise them what I will say is hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Edited by Sutty