Thai Consulate Vientiane

I am planning to travel to Vientiane next week to apply for a Non Imm O visa. I am 45 years old and have a Thai wife.

Am I right in saying these are the documents that I will require for the application?

My passport

Marriage certificate

Wifes house book

Wifes passport / ID card

Is anything else required i.e. bank statements or bank book?

Regards,

Rober507

Recently obtained non imm O based on retirement. I needed to provide bankbook and copies of pages. Pretty sure you need 400k.

BTW the clerk was insistent I needed bank letter (which you don't) so if you have someone request politely suggest that bank letter is not required

Recently obtained non imm O based on retirement. I needed to provide bankbook and copies of pages. Pretty sure you need 400k.

BTW the clerk was insistent I needed bank letter (which you don't) so if you have someone request politely suggest that bank letter is not required

wrong .....

I asked because Vientiane does not do any multiple entry visas. If you want a multiple entry visa you will have to go to Savannakhet. They do not ask for financial proof.

Confirm still to be the case as of 11th October. You also need original marriage cert and copy of Laos visa page. Wife to sign documents referring to her. You sign yours. We both signed copy of marriage cert. Wife's passport not needed. Edited by puchooay

wrong .....

Yes I was wrong. That's why I said pretty sure.....

The point of my post was for anyone needing to show financial proof. Giving heads up not to be rattled by request for bank letter.

Savannakhet is your only option if you do not want to show financial proof. Penang will do them with at least 100k baht in the bank.

Edit: It is apply the morning of one day by 11 am and pickup the next afternoon at 2 pm at Savannakhet.

What if I get a singe entry from Vientiane? Can I use it to extend or convert at Udon Thani Immigration?

I am just trying to work out my quickest / easiest option.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay at an immigration office if you can show 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or 40k baht income. When you do the application you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date of 30 days.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

• 1 month later...